ECT A Simple Bible Study...

dodge

1 Peter 3
19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

They were not among the eight souls saved.

That is what it says.

STP, scripture teaches scripture that is not the only ones Jesus preached to and took to heaven with Him.

There was the thief on the cross that went to paradise with Jesus on the day HE WAS CRUCIFIED AND THERE WERE OTHERS.

Luk 16:25
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luk 16:26

And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

OK, from scripture show how anybody that is saved is saved other than by the blood of Jesus !

Danoh

STP, scripture teaches scripture that is not the only ones Jesus preached to and took to heaven with Him.

There was the thief on the cross that went to paradise with Jesus on the day HE WAS CRUCIFIED AND THERE WERE OTHERS.

Luk 16:25
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luk 16:26

And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

OK, from scripture show how anybody that is saved is saved other than by the blood of Jesus !

You're confusing being saved with being placed into the Body of Christ.

OT saints, for example, were not members of the Body.

But you are confused about Israel and the Body.

dodge

Yep, ol dodge never learned - from the Word - how to do a word, passage, and or phrase study - from the Word.

Nah, I do not desert the context of scripture to stay in a man made error called MAD.
You have been asserting man made ideas.

Both your own, and those of others you have cited.

And the Spirit leads through His Word.

The Holy Spirit did NOT lead you to throw off the teachings of Jesus and the other Apostles I do believe that would be Satan.
Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Is that the same word of Christ MADist believe was only for Israel ?

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Yep, it is the Holy Spirit that gives understanding of God's word not your supposed word studies

You do err - not knowing THE SCRIPTURES on these issues.

Yep, that applies to MADist !

Put away your superstitions.

I would have to become a MADist and then put MAD away to put away superstition, no thanks !
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by THE WORD.

The WORD ! All of the WORD NOT just what Paul wrote.

dodge

You're confusing being saved with being placed into the Body of Christ.

OT saints, for example, were not members of the Body.

But you are confused about Israel and the Body.

Then show me from scripture where an how anyone is saved other than by the shed blood of Jesus.

YOU have made a division between the B.O.C. and Israel that does NOT exist in scripture.

EVERYONE in Christ Jesus ends up in the same place eventually as Jesus PROVED when He preached to the captives held in captivity until HE preached to them and took them home with Him.

Speaking of superstition that is EXACTLY what MAD is and you ignore so much scripture ( teachings of Jesus and other Apostles ) it is understandable why and how you can't see everything leads to and is about Jesus in "ALL" of scripture. Your loss not mine.

Danoh

When did I say just Paul.

Lol - you are clueless, to just how clueless you are; dodge.

Til the next time I feel like wasting time with your "one size fits all."

:chuckle: :doh:

SaulToPaul 2

Dodge kinda lures you in, because his errors are easy simple fixes.
But, you're right, it is a waste of time.

dodge

lol, those that KNOW scripture will not go down that wide road with you.

I understand that YOU cannot give an answer to the following from scripture !

Then show me from scripture where an how anyone is saved other than by the shed blood of Jesus.

Run Danoh run !

SaulToPaul 2

Run STP run !

:chuckle:

As I've said always, everyone who has ever been saved, or will be saved, is saved by the blood of Christ.
This does not mean that everyone who is saved is in his Body. Far from it.

Truster

Yo, dodge and company: the following is a very simple example of how to study a thing out in Scripture.

We read in Acts 9 that one point, Paul headed for Tarsus.

Supposing you were wanting to study what he did while he was there.

You would do so through seeking to cross-reference possibly related words, phrases, and or passages, where ever they might be found in the Scripture.

What then was Paul doing at Tarsus?

A little background...

After Paul is saved, he goes into Damascus, where a disciple of the Lord is instructed to go and seek Paul out....At first, said disciple hesitates.

Acts *9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: *9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. *

Later in Acts 9, Paul's life is in danger; which is when he leaves for the region of Tarsus.

9:28 And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem. *9:29 And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him. *9:30 Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus. *9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

It says there IN ACTS 9:30 that he left for Tarsus.

Where was that? In Cilicia....

Acts *21:39 *But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.

And that Acts 9 account is basically repeated by Paul in the following...

Galatians *1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. *1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. *1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. *1:21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; *1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: *1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. *1:24 And they glorified God in me.

So he was in Syria and Cilicia, back in Acts 9.

Which is where Barnabas goes to find him in...

Acts *11:25 *Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:

What was Paul doing while in the regions of Syria and Cilicia?

He was busy evangelizing Gentiles.

Note who the letter described in Acts 15 was sent to, after the dispute over whether Gentiles had to submit to Circumcision and keep the Law, was settled...

Acts *15:22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren: *15:23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia: *

In other words, Paul had been converting Gentiles in Syria and Cilicia.

Gentiles he had neither required submit to Circumcision, nor to keeping the Law.

15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: *15:25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, *15:26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. *

And remember how that in 11:25, Barnabas had gone to that area for to seek Paul?

Apparantly, he spent some time there with Paul with said Gentiles....

15:36 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the LORD, and see how they do. *

15:40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God. *15:41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

But wait, weren't Paul and Barnabas separated unto that later than Acts 9 - in Acts 13?

No.

Rather, Paul's and Barnabas' separation in Acts 13, had merely been a public witness they had been separated unto God for that purpose, earlier per...

Acts *9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: *9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Acts *13:1 Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. *13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. *13:3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away. *13:4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

A simple study through cross-referencing words, phrases, and passages that appear related by same theme, subject, and or overall context.

Commentaries need not apply.

But for this one :chuckle:

There are so many holes in that it should be called a colander not a commentary.

dodge

As I've said always, everyone who has ever been saved, or will be saved, is saved by the blood of Christ.
This does not mean that everyone who is saved is in his Body. Far from it.

1Co 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

STP, scripture says YOU are wrong.

SaulToPaul 2

1Co 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

STP, scripture says YOU are wrong.

Brilliant! Use a scripture written to the BOC to demonstrate that all people of all time are in the BOC!

dodge

Brilliant! Use a scripture written to the BOC to demonstrate that all people of all time are in the BOC!

My bad, I guess that is a scripture MAD has relegated to the trash heap of MAD. Pretty convenient to ignore the very scriptures that PROVE MAD is a lie.