A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Israel's Future !

Israel's Future !

Is there a future in God's Purpose for the People Israel ? Most certainly Yes ! What about National Israel ? Sorry No, remember Paul stated Rom 9:6

6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Has not God already fulfilled His Promise to that Nation ? Those called dispensationalist and premillenialist teach and believe [falsely] that God is yet to fulfill promises to this Nation in a coming 1000 yr Millennium Kingdom.

Now the best way to begin to understand these things is by examining the promises made to Abraham, who is the Father of His Natural descendants of the Flesh [National Israel] and even more importantly the Father of His Spiritual Descendants, those that Believe ! Notice Rom 4:11

And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

This is extremely important, because what many fail to realize is that God promised Abraham a believing seed as well as a physical seed.

Now are there promises made to Abraham that are fulfilled, and yet to be fulfilled ? As we look at the promises made to Him, we will notice two types, one which includes Abraham personally in the promise, as well as a promise that does not .

Lets look at this one Gen 12:6-7

6 And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.

7 And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

If noticed, this promise did not include Abram, but His seed, and it was not stipulated how long His seed would have this Land. This promise was made again Gen 15:18-21

18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,

20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,

21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.

And yet Again Abram is not included as a recipient of this land, and this is important, see also Gen 24:7

7The LORD God of heaven, which took me from my father's house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this land; he shall send his angel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence.

As before the promise to enter the land was not for Abraham personally and no definite time frame is given as to how long the land would belong to His seed. It should be noted that the promise of his seed obtaining the land was unconditionally made to Abraham at ther beginning and all He did was build an altar to worship Gen 12:7

7And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

Last edited:

beloved57

Israel's Future ! cont

Israel's Future ! cont

Now lets look at another covenant promise made to Abraham in the scripture, which did include Abraham personally:

Gen 12:1-3

1Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Gen 13:15-17

15For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

16And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.

17Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

This promise was made to Abraham and His seed, and the continuance of this land grant is stated forever. This promise is spoken again Gen 17:5-8

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

7And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

8And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Here is the annunciation of it to the other heirs of promise Heb 11:8-9

8By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Gen 26:1-5 and Gen 28: 12-15

Lets look at the noticeable difference, the covenant promises of the Land that excluded Abraham, these promises the scripture says have been fulfilled, but the promises of the Land that included Abraham have not been fulfilled..

Now the land acquisition of Abraham's Physical seed, the Nation of Israel, of which no time frame was given expressly, that promise has been fulfilled to that seed of Abraham> Lets look at Josh 21:43-45

43And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

44And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.

45There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Josh 23:14

14And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof.

Neh 9:7-8

7Thou art the LORD the God, who didst choose Abram, and broughtest him forth out of Ur of the Chaldees, and gavest him the name of Abraham;

8And foundest his heart faithful before thee, and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it, I say, to his seed, and hast performed thy words; for thou art righteous:

Now, from these scriptures, who can doubt that God has not already kept the land promise to Abraham's physical seed..It was a done deal centuries ago..

Last edited:

beloved57

Rom 9:6-8 Israel !

Rom 9:6-8 Israel !

Rom 9:6-8

6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

In this passage Israel is defined in four titles

In vs 6 Israel

in vs 7 The seed of Abraham or Children of Abraham

in vs 8 Children of God and The Children of promise

So either of these titles can be Israel, that is Israel is the seed of Abraham or children of Abraham, the Children of God or children of promise as well as Israel is Israel.

So then the Children of Abraham by Faith as per Gal 3:7

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

This is Israel ! The Children or Sons of God by Faith are Israel Gal 3:26

26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

The seed of Abraham is Israel Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The Children of Promise as in Gal 4:28

28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

All of these Titles for Israel are found in Rom 9:6-8 as they define Israel of vs 6..

And likewise those Titles define believers in Christ no matter their ethnicity..

So their is a Israel that is not based upon ethnicity, but based on belonging to Christ..

Thats the Israel of God to whom all the promises of God were made to in the OT.

Last edited:

beloved57

The Children of Promise !

The Children of Promise !

As previously posted one of the titles given Israel in the passage Rom 9:6-8 is that of Children of Promise vs 8

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Now, each believer in Christ is as Isaac was a child of promise, that is a child of Abraham in the same manner as Isaac became a child of Abraham, we know this testimony is True from Gal 4:28-29

28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

This statement is huge, very huge. You see this means we become children of Abraham because of God's Promise to Abraham, and not because we willed to become Abraham's children.

This is how Isaac became Abraham's Child..

Gen 17:15-19

15And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.

16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?

18And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!

19And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

Notice the promise here given to Abraham by God to give Him a Son by His wife even though they were very well advanced in age..

Again Gen 18:9-14

9And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent.

10And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him.

11Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women.

By the laws of nature, Sarah was too old to have a child, her reproduction days were over with..

12Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?

13And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?

14Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

This Statement denotes that Sarah having Isaac was by God performing a promise by His Power and Ability, and not due to normal and natural causes and in spite of natural ability to have children !

Gen 21:1-3

1And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken.

This is important, The LORD did [performed His word] unto Sarah as He had spoken or promised. see 1 kg 8:20;

2For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.

3And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac.

Now Isaac before he was ever born was said he would be Abraham's Heir of Promise ! Gen 15:1-4

1After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

2And Abram said, LORD God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

3And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

4And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This[eliezer] shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

So Isaac was by God the designated Heir of promise ! What Heir ? Heb 11:8-10,16

8By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Heirs of that Blessed Land of Promise, the Eternal heavenly city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God !

16But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

So quite simply, the Heirship was of Heaven, that everlasting good land of Canaan Gen 17:7-8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Notice, through this Promise, the seed that shall inherit this eternal land [heaven] God has promised to be their God, no matter what generation they will born in vs

7And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

So in essence, the Children of promise are all those of Abraham's seed that God unconditionally establishes His everlasting Covenant with, and Isaac was one of many..

So it was not Isaac's Faith [though of course He would be given Faith], nor His repentance, or anything He did that constituted him an heir of heaven or promise, but it was because and according to God's unconditional Promise that he would be Heir, and consequently, an heir will be a believer; and so it is with all true Believers in Christ, for they are so [believers] in the same manner as Isaac was children of promise, and heirs of that everlasting Canaan promised to Abraham and His seed Gen 17:5-8.

So all believers are in actuality Isaac's to Abraham, but in different ethnic groups, and generations of time..we are all His children of promise born out of the performance of God performing His word..

And all these are Israel, the Israel of God, the Children of Promise..

God told Abraham Rom 9:7

Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

And of course Isaac's natural seed is not meant here, because of the distinction later made between Jacob and Esau !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Hope Of Israel !
Acts 28:20

20For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

Paul stated as the Chosen Apostle to the Gentiles, that He was in chains for or because of the Hope of Israel !

Was this Hope a earthly kingdom for the ethnic jews ? Or was this hope, the hope of the Gospel as per Col 1:23

If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Paul was in bonds or chains in Acts 20:21-25 for this:

21Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

22And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

23Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

No doubt the bonds He was yet in acts 28:20 are for the same cause spoken here in Acts 20 24-25 Preaching the Gospel of the Grace of God and Preaching the Kingdom of God.

If we look back to chpt 26 when paul spake unto King Agrippa, we see as paul understood the scriptures [being now converted and taught of God and no longer in His former ignorance Phil 3:4-8] The Hope of the promise of God made to the Fathers [Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob] unto which promise all the Twelve Tribes [The Church of God or The Israel of God] hope to come, was realized in the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Acts 26:6-8;16-18

6And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers:

7Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

And to confirm this He [Paul] explained His encounter with the risen Lord on the damascus road, of which He was charged by Him to preach the Gospel to both Jews and Greeks vs

16But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

17Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Note: This is still the hope of Israel !

In Preaching the Hope of Israel, He preached also the Kingdom of God by the Cross of Christ to both Jews and Gentiles Acts 28:28-31

28Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

29And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

30And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all [jew or gentile] that came in unto him,

31Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

So we see the Kingdom of God and the Lord Jesus Christ go hand and hand, and there is no preaching Christ without Preaching His resurrection see 1 Cor 15:3-4..

From what has been presented, the Hope of Israel is Spiritual and grounded in the Cross of Christ and His resurrection, and so thats why paul even as a apostle to the gentiles could say that God, in raising up Christ, raised a Saviour unto Israel, meaning Spiritual Israel Acts 13:23

23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

This is the Hope of Israel, even the Israel of God..​

Last edited:

beloved57

And So all Israel shall be saved !

And So all Israel shall be saved !

Rom 11:26

26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

The Phrase all Israel does not mean all of the ethnic jewish nation of Israel. Remember Paul said in Rom 9:6

But it does mean all of the redeemed of the New Covenant age. The word SO is a conclusive word from the preceding verses when paul had explained who it is that makes up Israel or Israel of God. He did this by the olive tree analogy [ Rom 11:16-24], and after doing that, He brings the matter to its climax by stating " And So" that is the manner I just Illustrated with the Olive Trees, all Israel shall be saved; which is basically the gathering together of all Abraham's children of which He was made a Father of in every nation here Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Not a Natural Father, but a Spiritual Father, Children of Faith. Rom 4:11-17

11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:

12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

13For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Thats why we have scriptures Like Jn 10:16

16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Jn 11:51-52

51And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God [or Children of Abraham] that were scattered abroad.

These two scriptures confirm Rom 4:11,12 that He [Abraham] was the Father of not only the believing circumcision [jews] but also the believing uncircumcision [gentiles]

Those were the other sheep I have that were not of the Jewish fold..and what Paul means by the grafting in of the wild branches into the good olive tree..

Last edited:

beloved57

The All Israel of Rom 11:26

The All Israel of Rom 11:26

The All of Israel in Rom 11:26 is the redeemed Church of God, which is composed of the election of Grace [ which did obtain the salvation promises that ethnic jews in national israel did not obtain as a whole see Rom 11:7] and added are the election of grace out of the Gentiles as a people for His Name Acts 15:14

14Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people [Israel] for his name. see Dan 9:19

In fact the main reason why Paul wrote Rom 4:9-11 along with Gal 3,4 and 6 was to enlighten us to exactly who the True Israel is who inherits the promises of God, which was not the National Israel of the Natural seed of Abraham, but His Spiritual seed of every Nation..

Last edited:

beloved57

Abraham had Two Sons ! Why ?

Abraham had Two Sons ! Why ?

Gal 4:22

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

The natural descendants of Abraham who was Israel [Rom 9:8] was never the intended [Israel], but the Spiritual Descendants of Abraham, people of Faith was, they are the Heirs of Promise according to the Fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Paul gives evidence of this by opening up a historical fact in the OT in Abraham having Two Sons. From this narrative we see the different ways these Sons were dealt with in Divine Providence, Paul teaches the purpose of God, in identifying the unbelief for almost the entire nation of Israel, and the few believing remnant. The unbelieving answered to the children of the bondwoman Hagar and the believing[those who received Him Jn 1:12] answer to the Free woman Sarah; for paul says that this narrative serves as an allegory which He gives the sense of in verses Gal 4:21-31

Now Abraham's eldest Son Ishmael, from the bond woman represents the Nation of Israel, formed at Sinai at the giving of the Law Covenant vs

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Note: This is very instructive, for it gives us God's perspective of National Israel during Paul's time ! They are those born after the Flesh. Now Ishmael had the privilege of being Abraham's firstborn Son for a considerable time before Isaac the Heir was born of Promise. Now during that time Ishmael was the firstborn, answers to the time span from Sinai to the day of Pentecost, the era of the OC, and so it appeared Ishmael was the expected Heir of the Abrahamic Covenant of Promise, and it was so, for a while even after Isaac was born, even then Ishmael for a season remained the privilege firstborn son, and even persecuted the True Heir vs

29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

But the scathing words " 30Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

Note: This the actual casting out of National Israel as being Heirs of the Abrahamic promises !

Ishmael, who represents the ethnic nation of Israel along with his mother in the allegory, shall not be Heir with the children of promise, Isaac who represents the Children of Promise and the True Israel, the Spiritual seed will inherit the promises.

Now does not this analogy fit well with what Jesus said here Matt 21:42-43

42Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you [Ishmael], and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.[Isaac]

Abraham having the Two Sons, Ishmael and Isaac, was part of the Divine Purpose of God to Illustrate this very purpose of who His Israel, Children of Promise are..and its not National Israel, but Spiritual Israel born of Promise..

Last edited:

beloved57

The Israel of God !

The Israel of God !

Gal 6:16

16And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Remember Paul's words in rom 9:

here he clearly makes a reference to Two different Israel's or His words here would be most strange to say the least. One of the Israels is the physical seed of Abraham, the nation of Israel and the other is the spiritual seed of Abraham, the Israel of God. They both are legitimate Israel's because they are the seed of Abraham Isa 41:8

8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

And thats important to because Jesus is also the seed of Abraham Gal 3:16, and so He can be called Israel as well, which is alluded to isa 49:3.

This I will say, that the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, those of Faith Gal 3:7

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. see rom 9:7

Have more of a right to be called Israel, because they are the True Children of God Gal 3:26

26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

And not only that, Jacob who had his name Divinely changed to Israel, was after a spiritual victory of Faith Gen 32:28

28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

In this Jacob was a Type of Christ, who is A prince and the one from the Tribe of Judah who has prevailed !

God had earlier revealed Himself to Jacob and gave Him the promises of Abraham in Gen 28:10-17, lets look particularly at vs

14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed. The blessing of the Messiah cp with Gen 12:3

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

For according to Paul this promise was the Gospel gal 3:8; and peter too states it Acts 3:25.

So Jacob was a believer in Christ see gal 3:26, a overcomer and one who prevailed 1 Jn 5:4. Jacob as all of God's elect was given the Faith of God's elect, and thats what characterizes the Israel of God, Abraham's spiritual seed, the other Israel in rom 9:6. So people of God given Faith as Abraham, as Jacob have more of the right to be called Israel than Abraham's descendants of the flesh Israel.

Last edited:

beloved57

All Ethnic jews are not the Chosen people of God!

All Ethnic jews are not the Chosen people of God!

One of the prominent errors of our day, is the ethnic jews are God's chosen people. Thats never been the case, God has only One Chosen People, and they all were Chosen in the Chosen, the Lord Jesus Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

And of course the bible Teaches that He is the Chosen of God 1 Pet 2:4

To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

Now to prove this point, that National Israel jews were not God's Chosen People, except for a remnant, we will look at Rom 11:7

7 What then? Israel[National Israel] hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

You see that ? The election hath obtained it ,in lieu of the Nation as a whole !

The word for election is the greek word eklogē:

the act of picking out, choosing

a) of the act of God's free will by which before the foundation of the world he decreed his blessings to certain persons

b) the decree made from choice by which he determined to bless certain persons through Christ by grace alone

2) a thing or person chosen

a) of persons: God's elect

The word is used as chosen here in Acts 9:15

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

So Rom 11:7 can read:

7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the chosen hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Folks what can be plainer that the Nation itself was not the Chosen of God, but a remnant of that nation was ?

So to say that the Nation of Israel, the Physical nation of people are or ever were God's Chosen People is not true to scripture.

Its always only been a small remnant [of spiritual Israel, people of Faith] who were God's Chosen People in that Nation i.e Isa 1:9

9Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

And as Paul states in Rom 11:7 the remnant did receive of the promises of the Abrahamic Covenant, but they were received through the Gospel of Christ, whom they had been Chosen in before the foundation of the world. The foreknown People of God..

So Rom 11:7 informs us that the Nation of Israel, that has been blinded, were not the chosen of God..

Last edited:

beloved57

Consider the Resurrection !

Consider the Resurrection !

Jn11:23-26

23Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

1 Cor 15:20-23

20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21For since by man came death, by man[ Christ] came also the resurrection of the dead.

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Shall the OT Saints raise from the dead ? Wherein does their hope lie? Is it not in Jesus Christ ? That's exactly what Jesus meant when speaking to the Sisters of Lazarus. Yes Lazarus would have been a OT Saint at that particular time in biblical history, for technically the New Covenant era did not commence until after Christ death, for it was inaugurated by His Blood Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament or covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Now as to the Resurrection, Paul spake of the Father's [Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob] and the Twelve Tribes having this hope Acts 26:6-8

6And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers:

7Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

8Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

Acts 13:32-33

32And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers,

33God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Now I hope we see this, OT Saints, the Fathers their hope of Resurrection in the Last Day, lied in Christ's , the Head of the Church, The Great Shepherd of the Sheep.

Now if the OT Saints hope of Resurrection is fulfilled in Christ being raised from the dead [He being the Firstfruits] as Acts 13 :32-33 tells us, then that means they too were part of the Church, the Body of Christ in the OT, because their hope is In Christ's Resurrection, the Head of the Body, the Church,just as the NT Saints hope is.

You see, He is the Firstfruits of all who are in Him to rise again at His coming in the Last Day. Jesus told the Sisters " I am the Resurrection " that is their brother's resurrection in the last day they referenced, was dependent upon Him and His Finished work. The OT Saints and the NT Saints hope of Resurrection is centered in the One Head, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church. His Resurrection is not only a guarantee, but a pledge in the sense that it was the actual beginning of that event that will occur at His Coming.. Thats why He is the First fruit, a pledge of the coming harvest..

Last edited:

beloved57

The Identifying trait of the True Israel of God, the foreknown People of God, which is also Israel, is not ethnicity or genealogy according to the flesh, but Faith by the promise and power of God[ See Jn 1:13] She is not of the flesh, but of the Spirit.

The Nation of Israel was not a Nation made up of flesh, but is a Spiritual Nation made up of all those born of the Seed Christ, who is Abraham's seed to whom the Promises were made [ Gal 3:16], who is the one and only True Israel, God Prevails ! or He shall be a Prince of God ! Acts 5:31.

The Nation here in Ps 33:12

12Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

This is not National Israel according to the flesh, that physical nation formed at Sinai, but this is a Spiritual Nation formed out of the Grace of the everlasting Covenant and it's blood. It's the Same Nation as described here in 1 Pet 2:9

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

And who but those Chosen in Christ before the foundation as per Eph 1:4, are God's Inheritance as per Eph 1:18

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

It is the Seed Christ that makes anyone of Israel; merely being of the physical descendants of the Fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, did not make one the True Israel of God [Rom 9:6-8], but no matter what ethnicity, if we belong to Christ [The Seed Gal 3:16] then are we in Israel that matters, for its only through Him that we are made that Holy Nation ! Eph 1:4

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

beloved57

The Two Israel's !

The Two Israel's !

Rom 9:6-8

7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Many are going to be confounded in the day of Judgment, having been deceived that Promises were made to the Physical Nation of Israel according to the Flesh.

The Two Israel's of Rom 9:6-8, The one was children of the flesh, the natural descendants of Abraham only, the other, the Children of Promise, who were counted for the Spiritual seed [jew and gentile believers].

God through Paul goes on to make this clear by the comparison of Abraham's Two Son's, Ishmael and Isaac; Ishmael representing that Israel according to the flesh only [see Gal 4] and Isaac representing that Israel according to the promise or Spirit, Abraham's Spiritual descendants, all people of Faith, whether jew or gentile [ Rom 4].

beloved57

Believers are The Circumcision which is Israel !

Believers are The Circumcision which is Israel !

Phil 3:1-3

1Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

2Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

True believers are Israel, the circumcision. What characterizes the circumcision here Paul is Speaking of ?

Well its a circumcision made without hands Col 2:11

11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

More to the context here are a few things that constitute Israel or the circumcision.

#1 They worship God in the Spirit. This means they are born of the Spirit Jn 3:3-8 and also remember what Jesus told the woman at Samaria Jn 4:23-24

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God has always sought such to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. David writes Ps 51:6

6Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

How does Truth be in the inward parts except by the Spirit ? Jer 31:33

33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. See Ezk 36:26-27 also !

And then we have this Israel Ps 73:1

1Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

What is a clean Heart but one circumcised with the circumcision of Christ ?

A clean heart is not natural to man, its of the Power of God,its a Creation Ps 51:10

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Now most certainly this was not referencing to Israel, Abraham's children according to the flesh.

beloved57

Have no confidence in the Flesh !

Have no confidence in the Flesh !

The Circumcision or Israel that Paul addresses in Phil 3:1-3 had no confidence in the flesh. vs 3

3For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Now what does that mean ? If a ethnic jew, as Paul it meant they do not depend upon their ethnicity and natural and physical relationship to Abraham to find acceptance with God. That that is the case we see when we read Paul's comments vs 4-9 Phil 3:4-9

4Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

You see, all things before Paul's conversion that he trusted in, being a jew, of the tribe of Benjamin, circumcision and all that was confidence in the flesh to be accepted of God. Note Jeremiah 17:5

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

You know this was huge in Christ day, those jews He ministered to expressed much confidence in the flesh by bringing up their physical relationship to Abraham. Remember Jesus conversation with some of them in Jn 8:33-37,39-40

33They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

37I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Again the proud exclaim in vs 39

39They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Yes they were Abraham's seed physically, but at the same time they were not Abraham's seed spiritually or inwardly, for remember God requires Truth on the inward part Ps 51:6

6Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

Well Jesus just told these arrogant people that His word has no place in them vs 37. Now what is Truth but the word of God ? Notice vs 40

40But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

You see, thats not Israel, a people who refuse the Truth of God, it does not matter their nationality, jewish or otherwise, Israel is as such with a clean Heart that receives God's word Ps 73:1

1Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

Now tell me, how can a people be God's True People, God's Israel, and not receive His word ? It is impossible. But the True Israel of God has no confidence in the flesh.

beloved57

More on no confidence in the Flesh !

More on no confidence in the Flesh !

Phil 3:3

3For we are the circumcision[Israel], which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Also to have no confidence in the flesh means that one has not relied upon their performances to make them acceptable to God. What do I mean? Any act of personal obedience of theirs, such as their faith of act of believing, repentance, water baptism, going to church, their freewill decision and on and on , that is, any religious duty or duties one and all; all them doing such, whether jew or gentile, thats confidence in the flesh= Religious duties.

Gal 5:2-4

2Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Those who began to listen to false teaching about having to be circumcised as a followup to Faith in Christ, in order to be complete in Him, were in danger [if believed] of renouncing what had been taught in the Gospel which they had professed to embrace, that being saved was totally by Grace based upon the Obedience of Christ. Rom 5:19

Once we begin to add any act of personal obedience to our being or staying saved, we deny Grace. This makes known your previous profession was bogus and not a Spiritual wrought Faith by the Holy Spirit. This shows you now begin to have confidence in the flesh, something you do, to finish the deal of Salvation, and what Christ did alone was not good enough..

Gal 3:3;6:13

3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

13For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

This means, you deny now that Salvation is By Grace ! This the True Israel, Circumcision will not do !

beloved57

God's Israel includes Believing Gentiles !

God's Israel includes Believing Gentiles !

That Abraham's Seed, the Children of Promise, Israel, would be comprised of Gentiles is intimated in Gen 17:5-8

6And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

8And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

The Gentiles are included as God says a Father of Many Nations have I made thee. This is Abraham's Seed, not just from among the Jews but also among the Gentiles ot the Nations. The word for Nations in Gen 17:5 is the hebrew word gowy and is translated gentiles at least 30 times in the OT Isa 11:10; Isa 42:1,6

And its seen here in this passage in Isa 45:20-25

20Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.

21Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

22Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

24Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

25In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Now Cp vs 22 with 25, All the seed of Israel is comprised of all them God calls to look to Him and be ye saved in vs 22

This would be Abraham's Seed of Promise in Gen 17:5 ! The fulfillment is Eph 2:11-20;Gal 3:29

beloved57

God according to His Promise !

Acts 13:23

23Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Salvation is by Promise, and its Limited to a specific People, Israel as here indicated by Paul. Paul does not mean National Israel, but Spiritual Israel, Abraham's Children of Promise as per Rom 9:6-8

Salvation through Christ is made sure to all the seed ! Rom 4:16

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

You see, Salvation is according to Promise unto a certain seed, its not a universal offer , but a given Promise to the Seed of Israel. Its only one people God has promised to save !

Isa 45:17,25

But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Notice Israel shall be saved in the LORD. The word shall denotes Promise ! And again Israel does not mean National Israel according to the Flesh, they were merely a Type, but Israel of Promise..

In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Again, in the LORD shall [promise] all the seed of Israel be Justified. Israel here is Christ. And all of His Seed shall be Justified in Him..

Isa 53:10-11

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

He shall bear their Iniquities ! Whose Iniquities ? His Seed, and so by ding, He Justifies them as promised !

Isa identifies this same Servant as Israel here Isa 49:3

3And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Thats referring to Christ !

beloved57

Israel and Church the same !

Israel and Church the same !

What do I mean that Israel and the Church are the same ? I am not speaking about Physical National Israel, but Spiritual Israel that was within her. Remember there was Two Israel's Rom 9:6

You had the Physical Nation comprised of Abraham's Natural descendants, that was Israel, and you had Abraham's Spiritual descendants within the Nation, also called the Remnant, that was Israel.

The Church of the New Covenant is the Spiritual Remnant Israel that was in Physical Israel, the Nation..

Now Paul writing to both jew and gentile believers in Corinth applies a OT Promise to them indicating that the OT Remnant Israel, of the Election of Grace is the Same as the NT Remnant of Election of Grace comprised of both jews and gentiles God's People. Lets look at 2 Cor 6:14-7:1

14Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

2 Cor 7:1

1Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

What Promises ? Why the Promises that were made to Israel in the OT like Leviticus 26:11-12

11And I set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.

12And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

Ezk 37:

26Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Now these Promises of the abiding presence of God to Israel, Paul says to the Corinthians in 2 Cor 7:1 that these promises are their motives for 2 Cor 7:1

1Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Spiritual cleansing from all filthiness of the flesh, and perfecting holiness in the fear of the Lord. So those OT promises are fulfilled in the Church with Spiritual Israel..

beloved57

Because NT Believers are The Children of the OT Prophets!

Because NT Believers are The Children of the OT Prophets!

That the NT Church and The OT Church are the same, because Believers in Christ under the New Covenant dispensation are the Spiritual Children of the OT Prophets Gal 3:7,29 Acts 3:25-26

Gal 3:7

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The word seed here is the greek word sperma and means:

the product of this semen, seed, children, offspring, progeny

b) family, tribe, posterity

Acts 3:25-26

25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Now even though Peter was specifically speaking to ethnic jews here, what he said was not restricted to them, for the criteria of him stating what he stated was The Promise God made to Abraham " And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed"

Its the very same criteria that Paul stated when speaking of Gentile Believers Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

And as we seen in Gal 3:7 these gentiles because of Faith are Abraham's Children, who by the way is called a Prophet here Gen 20:

7Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

So what Peter stated in Acts 3:25 a Ye are the Children of the Prophets, applies to Gentile Believers also..

Status
Not open for further replies.