A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

He shall build His Church/Temple !

Zech 6:12-13

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Many dont understand, but this speaks of the Man Christ building His Church, the Body of Christ. Its that which Jesus speaks of here Matt 16:18

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

You see Christ's Church and Temple are the same. Paul writing to the Church at Corinth, the Body of Christ 1 Cor 1:2

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

1 Cor 15:9

9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

1 Cor 12:12,27

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

So He tells the Church, the Believers in Corinth, both jews and Gentiles, Ye are the Body of Christ. But also He writes to the same ones this 1 Cor 3:16

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

This is the Temple the Man the Branch was promised to build Zech 6:12-13

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Nanja

He shall build His Church/Temple !

Zech 6:12-13

Many dont understand, but this speaks of the Man Christ building His Church, the Body of Christ. Its that which Jesus speaks of here Matt 16:18

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

You see Christ's Church and Temple are the same. Paul writing to the Church at Corinth, the Body of Christ 1 Cor 1:2

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

1 Cor 15:9

9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

1 Cor 12:12,27

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

So He tells the Church, the Believers in Corinth, both jews and Gentiles, Ye are the Body of Christ. But also He writes to the same ones this 1 Cor 3:16

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

This is the Temple the Man the Branch was promised to build Zech 6:12-13

The Church Christ died for Eph. 5:25, the members of His Body Eph. 1:4-5, whom He is The Covenant Head of, make up the Building Materials for the construction of His Temple, they are One Body!

Christ gathers everyone of His Elect, jew and Gentile from all nations of the earth, by the Power of the Holy Spirit given them in New Birth, giving them Spiritual Life Rom. 8:15-17; the Lively Stones:

1 Pet. 2:5,9
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light

The Church / Temple that The Branch builds constitutes the Spiritual House of Israel which was promised Salvation Is. 45:17.

~~~~~

beloved57

The Church Christ died for Eph. 5:25, the members of His Body Eph. 1:4-5, whom He is The Covenant Head of, make up the Building Materials for the construction of His Temple, they are One Body!

Christ gathers everyone of His Elect, jew and Gentile from all nations of the earth, by the Power of the Holy Spirit given them in New Birth, giving them Spiritual Life Rom. 8:15-17; the Lively Stones:

1 Pet. 2:5,9
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light

The Church / Temple that The Branch builds constitutes the Spiritual House of Israel which was promised Salvation Is. 45:17.

~~~~~
Praise God!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Being saved is about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

You can try to help others to get there too, but ultimately they have to obey Jesus to know the truth.

They have to be the ones to obey Jesus.

They have to want to know the Truth more than anything else.

beloved57

You are an example of why it really doesn't matter to me personally if anyone agrees with me or not. You have a cheerleader for your beliefs, but I have God's Truth and Jesus Christ himself with me.
Evasion and Rabbit trail comment

beloved57

To whom is Peter saying this to ?

1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;

Whoever this is Peter under inspiration calls them #1. A Chosen Generation, #2. a Royal Priesthood, #3 An Holy Nation, and #4 a Peculiar People.

This people to whom Peter is writing is the Church, the Body of Christ,
comprised of both jew and Gentile believers.

Now I know many who are deceived dont believe this, but nevertheless its true.

Peter calls the same ones in Vs 5

5 ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house

Which also applies to the Church, the Body of Christ, the Gentiles, Eph 2:21

21 in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Again just a Jesus is noted as the Living Head Stone in 1 Pet 2:4

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

Upon which the Lively stones are built a spiritual house Vs 5

5 ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house,

So likewise Jesus is the Head cornerstone Eph 2:20

20 and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone

by which the Gentile Church is built a spiritual temple Vs 21

in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

You see the Habitation of God here and the spiritual house 1 Pet 2:5 are the same !

Nanja

To whom is Peter saying this to ?

1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;

Whoever this is Peter under inspiration calls them #1. A Chosen Generation, #2. a Royal Priesthood, #3 An Holy Nation, and #4 a Peculiar People.

This people to whom Peter is writing is the Church, the Body of Christ,
comprised of both jew and Gentile believers.

Now I know many who are deceived dont believe this, but nevertheless its true.

Peter calls the same ones in Vs 5

5 ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house

Which also applies to the Church, the Body of Christ, the Gentiles, Eph 2:21

21 in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Again just a Jesus is noted as the Living Head Stone in 1 Pet 2:4

4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

Upon which the Lively stones are built a spiritual house Vs 5

5 ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house,

So likewise Jesus is the Head cornerstone Eph 2:20

20 and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone

by which the Gentile Church is built a spiritual temple Vs 21

in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

You see the Habitation of God here and the spiritual house 1 Pet 2:5 are the same !

Amen! They are One and the same.

The chosen generation of 1 Pet. 2:9 is the Generation of Christ Ps. 22:30, chosen in Union with Him from everlasting Eph. 1:4. These are the OT and NT Saints which comprise One Body, the Body of Christ: The Church, the Habitation of God Eph. 2:21-22 which is that Holy Nation of Peculiar People spoken of in:

1 Pet. 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Gen. 19:5-6
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

1 Cor. 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

They are all the Seed of Abraham, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, an Elect Remnant Rom. 11:5; The Spiritual Nation which was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17: The Purchased Possession sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise in Eph. 1:14.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen! They are One and the same.

The chosen generation of 1 Pet. 2:9 is the Generation of Christ Ps. 22:30, chosen in Union with Him from everlasting Eph. 1:4. These are the OT and NT Saints which comprise One Body, the Body of Christ: The Church, the Habitation of God Eph. 2:21-22 which is that Holy Nation of Peculiar People spoken of in:

1 Pet. 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Gen. 19:5-6
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

1 Cor. 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

They are all the Seed of Abraham, the Seed of Christ Gal. 3:16, an Elect Remnant Rom. 11:5; The Spiritual Nation which was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17: The Purchased Possession sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise in Eph. 1:14.

~~~~~
Amen Sister! And that Holy Nation which is the Church of Christ, is also that Nation which Christ refers to here Matt 21:43

43*Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Nanja

Amen Sister! And that Holy Nation which is the Church of Christ, is also that Nation which Christ refers to here Matt 21:43

43*Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

So true, Brother! The kingdom of God was taken away from National Israel and given to a Spiritual Nation: The Body of Christ, His Church He gave His Life for Eph. 5:25, and He was raised again for their Justification Rom. 4:25, which now brings forth fruit unto God Rom. 7:4: They are become dead to the Law because Christ has satisfied God's Law and Justice on their behalf Rom. 5:19b. And because Christ and His Church are One Body, His Righteousness is theirs, and evidentially they bring forth the Fruits of Righteousness of their Head John 12:24; 1 Pet. 2:24; Phil. 1:11; Heb. 13:15.

~~~~~

beloved57

So true, Brother! The kingdom of God was taken away from National Israel and given to a Spiritual Nation: The Body of Christ, His Church He gave His Life for Eph. 5:25, and He was raised again for their Justification Rom. 4:25, which now brings forth fruit unto God Rom. 7:4: They are become dead to the Law because Christ has satisfied God's Law and Justice on their behalf Rom. 5:19b. And because Christ and His Church are One Body, His Righteousness is theirs, and evidentially they bring forth the Fruits of Righteousness of their Head John 12:24; 1 Pet. 2:24; Phil. 1:11; Heb. 13:15.

~~~~~

Amen !

beloved57

The Church, the Body of Christ is that Chosen Generation Peter writes of 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

Now that word generation is the greek word genos and means:

offspring, family, race, nation, kind.

the aggregate of many individuals of the same nature, kind, sort, species

Of course this above definition defines the Church too !

In case one doesnt know, the Church, the Body of Christ is the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The Church belongs to Christ, Paul wrote to the jew and Gentile Church in Corinth this 1 Cor 3:21-23

For all things are yours; 22 whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; 23and ye are Christ’s; and Christ is God’s.

And again, if ye be Christ's then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The Church is not Abraham's physical seed, but His Spiritual Seed birthed by the resurrection of Christ 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

And that same Jesus Christ is the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

The Church is that Seed of Abraham Paul mentions also here Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

beloved57

Christ is Abraham's Seed, but not physically but Spiritually , which what is meant in Gal 3:16

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Now with Christ with this Spiritual connection with Abraham, as Abrahams Seed, He is able to produce a Spiritual Seed for Abraham. Now the word seed is the greek word sperma and means:

(a) seed, commonly of cereals, (b) offspring, descendents.

It also means :

whatever possesses vital force or life-giving power:

And so Christ, the Spiritual Seed of Abraham has been made a Life giving Spirit 1 Cor 15:45

The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam[Christ, Abrahams Seed] was made a quickening spirit or

So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam[Christ] became a life-giving spirit. ASV

He gives Life to the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, the Church, the Chosen Generation Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

Nanja

#594, 595
Some and if not most in false religion would have us believe that the Mystery of Christ in the Gospel was only revealed and known to Paul, but thats a Mistake, For God revealed it to all the Holy Apostles of Jesus Christ Eph 3:1-6

The Very Fact that NT Believers are the Seed of Abraham an OT figure and they belong to Christ Gal 3:29 proves the continuity of the Church, the Body of Christ which Christ is the Head of, from the OT to the NT, for Abraham's Seed belongs to Christ the Head of the Church Gal 3:29

29 And if ye[NT Believers] be Christ's[The Head of the Church His Body], then are ye Abraham's[OT Believer] seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Also these things evidence the cohesion /continuity of the Church, the Body of Christ, from OT into the NT ! This cohesion of the Church of Christ in the NT from the OT is seen again in Paul's letter to the Romans about Imputed Righteousness, in the case of the Faith of Abraham in the OT and now the same with NT Believers Rom 4:1-3

Amen to this Excellent 2-part study in the scriptures by which you have illustrated the true meaning of the "The Mystery of Christ"!

The Gentiles also made up The Israel which God promised Salvation to Is. 45:17.

~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.