A Challenge for the followers of Bob Enyart

Jerry Shugart

Jeremy,

You said:
One more passage to throw into the mix Jerry... It seems that Peter understood "doing works of righteousness" to be accepted by God...

quote:
Acts 10
10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality.
10:35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.

Was Peter wrong too Jerry?
What you fail to realize is the fact that Peter is merely describing those who are accepted by the Lord.Those who fear God live a life according to their conscience.Therefore,the words "works righteousness" are in regard to the "obedience of faith".But these "works" do not save him.

Here is a Scriptual passages where the Lord Jesus describes those who will be saved:

"And every one that hath forsaken houses,or brethren,or sisters,or father,or mother,or wife,or children,or lands,for My sake,shall receive an hundredfold,and shall inherit everlasting life"(Mt.19:29).

The Lord Jesus surely is not saying that a requirement of eternal life is that we must forsake our families,but instead He is describing those who will be saved.

You say that this is teaching that "works of righteousness" are necessary in order to be accepted of God.But that directly contradicts the words of Paul:

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done,but according to His mercy He saved us..."(Titus5:5).

In His grace,--Jerry

Freak

Originally posted by *Acts9_12Out*

Freak,

Try to offer something with substance.
I offered the words of Jesus. I find it puzzling that you would remark in such manner when I rested my points of the words of the Lord Jesus. Speaks much of your cold heart.

If what you say is true,
What do you mean if is true? Jesus Christ Himself declared:

...that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Jesus was speaking to those under the Law and was pretty clear that simple belief in Him would allow them the promise of never perishing. Is this true or not???

Unfortunately, you do not understand the conditional nature of the circumcision gospel.
I understand the clear words of Jesus in John 3:15-17. Do you?

If your verse is a supposed "catch all,"
Dohhh. It is in fact a "catch all" for Jesus said, "Whoever." Imagine that.

Now, Freak, if they "have eternal life" and "will never perish," why does Jesus warn them to remain faithful?
Because He desires believers who serve Him not those who simply rest upon their justification and whom do not serve. This isn't a issue of salvation, however, for Christ taught that those who believe in him have crossed from death into life. Jesus was teaching on the issue of service.

According to your logic, Judas "has eternal life" and "will never perish" because he was at one time a believer in Christ.
Only God knows the heart. I can't judge Judas and his salvation.

While you're at it, feel free to respond to Hebrews 6:4-6, 10:26-29 and 2 Peter 2:20,21. I know you won't, but it was woth a shot...

--Jeremy Finkenbinder
What about it? I have no problem with those passages, apparently you do. :chuckle:

Last edited:

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
and many other such things you do

and many other such things you do

Freak - You cut up what Jeremy said such that you ripped the context. I read Jeremy's post and I read your response, your reflections on Jeremy’s thoughts do not resemble what Jeremy gave you to consider.

The reason we string letters into words into phrases and sentences and quotes and examples and paragraphs and such is to convey the meaning of the entire thing. The fact that so may posters do violence to the context of God’s word and the posts they quote from every day, is not an excuse to continue doing it yourself.

Dont rip the context. Deal uprightly with the truth of a matter, the truth is that you did not reflect what Jeremy wrote for your consideration, you chops his words such that much of his conveyed meaning is lost.

Jerry Shugart

Jeremy,

I was told that you were going to debate these issues with me on Battle Royale VIII.

Are you ready to rumble?

In HIs grace,--Jerry