3rd annual fellowship week coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by BillyBob

I thought the whole point of 'Fellowship Week' was: "For one whole week we will discourage harsh debate and ENCOURGE friendly discussions and conversation i.e., saying nice friendly (civil) things to each other."

That's what they say, anyway........

I wasn't registered at the time so I don't have firsthand knowledge of what happened so I was just curious. Although this may be it's not something that shouldn't be rehashed. :think:

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
I was just wondering what you meant by this:

Originally posted by BillyBob
This is a set up, Frank. They want to cajole everybody into being submissive and then they strike hard and fast while your defenses are down, not knowing what just happened or why.

You kind of made it sound like some secret conspiracy or something.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

I did it because I was being sarcastic. The majority of posters on TOL, at least the ones who are worth listening to, know that rebuking is a loving gesture.:doh:

We can rebuke in truth and love or we can rebuke in the flesh with the wrong motive and wrong perspective. I have been rebuked by cultists for believing that Jesus is God. Their rebuke was not loving. It was misguided.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Would it kill you to be nice, get along, be human, shed light vs heat, etc.?

Is Oskar the Grouch your idol? Do you live in a garbage can? Are you green? Even Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde would not skip fellowship week :confused:

It is possible to communicate passionately, without compromise, it a mature, respectful manner. Try it, you might like it.

Sozo

godrulz said:
I expect more of sozo. He is supposed to have the character of Christ.
I am? I have the mind of Christ, but I know of no human being ( and most certainly not you) with the character of Christ.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
I am? I have the mind of Christ, but I know of no human being ( and most certainly not you) with the character of Christ.

Character= image.

We are not Christ, but we are Christ-like (see Paul).

The fruit of the Spirit is the Holy Spirit reproducing the life, character, and attitudes of Christ in us (newness of life vs selfish, fleshly life). Gal. 5:22,23

Jesus is loving, kind, faithful, joyful, peace, patient, etc.

Rulz and sozo are to exhibit love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control as He lives in and through us. The verses above show the 'fruit' of the flesh in contrast.

Character is a biblical concept, not just an educational fad in public schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.