2006 TOL Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
That'll teach ya to wait until the last minute to set your line-up.

In other news, how about that Larry Johnson. 4 TD's!! :noway:

Mr. 5020

drbrumley said:
So tell me what happened? It won't let you log on at all?
I PM'd you back, but you were using e4e's account.

It wouldn't let me log in Saturday or Sunday. Today, it's letting me get in, but it's too late. I'm still tied for 1st though, so it's no big deal. Of course, it's a little frustrating that I could have won by 30 points, but I lost instead.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Boy did I get lucky. Guru had me losing by 47, and I ended up with this weeks highest score. Thanks Seneca! :mrt:

:banana:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
David Carr did more for your team than Seneca. :bang:

Hey Doc, the Guru has us EVEN! This outta be a fun weekend. :banana:

:cheers:

[4 of my starters are on a Bye and Alexander is still out.....] :noid:

Mr. 5020

Message from CBS Sportsline

Message from CBS Sportsline

You may have experienced periods of slow or interrupted service this Fantasy season.

Every year, CBS SportsLine takes great pride in doing the work required to remain the acknowledged leader in Fantasy Sports. We relish being the industry leader, and we respect the challenge of delivering the best in Fantasy to an audience that expects nothing less. To meet that challenge, we set ambitious and often competing goals for ourselves:

• Make league setup easier, but allow more flexibility for custom scoring
  • Add more advanced features, but keep pages clean and instructions short
  • Supply more live, updating stats, but make page-loads faster
  • Allow for growth, but make the network simple and speedy
These are bold and contradictory goals. Not easy to do. If you can achieve these and deliver week in and week out for everyone who plays, you deserve the title of Champ. In the past, we've met that challenge, but so far this year, we've fallen short.

What Went Wrong?
This message may be news to you. For many of our Fantasy customers the 2006 season has been better than ever. There are new game features, we launched the innovative Heads Up Fantasy game, and we enhanced live game action with the new CBS SportsLine Sunday GameCenter.

Some of our customers experienced service interruptions, but they were short or infrequent. In fact, for almost everyone, the amount of time in which problems occurred has been only a small fraction of the entire fantasy season.

The problem has not been the AMOUNT of time things have not worked. The problem has been WHEN things have not worked.

Many of our affected customers experienced problems at the worst possible time: just before kickoff on Sunday or at the peak of play between the early and late set of games. By our standard, if you missed either of these crucial times the entire week is a bust, and for that we are deeply sorry.

What are We Doing to Fix It?
Addressing the quality of service issues that have occurred this fantasy season is the #1 priority for nearly every member of the CBS SportsLine staff. Be assured that our staff has been on high alert since the beginning of the season and will remain so until YOU tell us that our service is running smoothly.

What follows is our season Report Card. It's our performance assessment through the first half of the year. We're openly sharing this with you for several reasons.
  • First, we want you to know that we view our performance this year as unacceptable. CBS SportsLine holds itself to an extremely high standard as we know that's why you choose our service.
  • Second, we owe it to you as you've stood by us year in and year out. Your membership is proof that we ARE the best in the industry, and we relish being the best by serving you better.
  • Finally, we're already planning for your return next year. We know your business is not a guarantee. Ironically, much of what is now causing problems was part of the effort to make your Fantasy Football experience better. We made changes to support the growth of our business AND improve your game. We know that the changes we made will do just that. We expected that these changes would achieve that goal from day one. Unfortunately, we're not there yet.
So, here's our Report Card, complete with our own weekly grade. Going forward, we'll update it on the Friday before games and on the Tuesday following. We'll also post status on Sundays. If we have future issues, you'll learn exactly what happened from us, and we'll tell you what we're doing to fix it.

Thank you for playing Fantasy Sports at CBS SportsLine.

Mr. 5020

Question

Question

I'm confused about something here. In the TOLFFL Rules, it says that a passer is awarded 0.5 points for every 1 passing yard. It also states that a rusher is awarded 0.1 points for every 1 rushing yard. Under the stats from last week, in a game not related to me (so that I am not biased), Carson Palmer had 266 PaYd, 2 PaTD (12,55), 7 RuYd, FL.

Now, according to the aforementioned rules, Palmer would have been scored as follows:

266 PaYd: 133 points
2 PaTD: 12 points
7 RuYd: 0.7 points
FL:
-1 point

The total for Carson Palmer, under that scoring, would be 144.7 points, yet his score was 25. What happened?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey folks I am guessing you all know this by now but CBS is having some major troubles (mainly on game-day). I highly recommend setting your lineups early in the week. That way you at least have something. Then if you can get in before game time its a bonus, but if you can't get in it isn't a total loss.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Mr. 5020 said:
I'm confused about something here. In the TOLFFL Rules, it says that a passer is awarded 0.5 points for every 1 passing yard. It also states that a rusher is awarded 0.1 points for every 1 rushing yard. Under the stats from last week, in a game not related to me (so that I am not biased), Carson Palmer had 266 PaYd, 2 PaTD (12,55), 7 RuYd, FL.

Now, according to the aforementioned rules, Palmer would have been scored as follows:

266 PaYd: 133 points
2 PaTD: 12 points
7 RuYd: 0.7 points
FL:
-1 point

The total for Carson Palmer, under that scoring, would be 144.7 points, yet his score was 25. What happened?

It says:

PaYd - Passing Yards 1+ PaYd = .05 points for every 1 PaYd
Plus a 4.00 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd

You get 1 point for every 20 yards passed.

266 Passed Yards = 13.3 points
2 TD's =12 points
7 yards rushing = .7 points

That's 26 points

Minus a point for the fumble and you have 25 Points for Palmer.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Hey Doc, our teams are pretty even, check out the stats.....

Doc's Team

Coach Rating: 86 (2nd)
Schedule Difficulty: Tied for 9th
Passing Rank: 2nd
Rushing Rank: 5th
Defense/ST Rank: 3rd

My Team

Coach Rating: 83 (6th)
Schedule Difficulty: 5th
Passing Rank: 5th
Rushing Rank: 2nd
Defense/ST Rank: 5th

drbrumley

Knight said:
Hey folks I am guessing you all know this by now but CBS is having some major troubles (mainly on game-day). I highly recommend setting your lineups early in the week. That way you at least have something. Then if you can get in before game time its a bonus, but if you can't get in it isn't a total loss.
Absolutely right! Good tip Knight.

Mr. 5020

BillyBob said:
It says:

PaYd - Passing Yards 1+ PaYd = .05 points for every 1 PaYd
Plus a 4.00 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd

You get 1 point for every 20 yards passed.

266 Passed Yards = 13.3 points
2 TD's =12 points
7 yards rushing = .7 points

That's 26 points

Minus a point for the fumble and you have 25 Points for Palmer.
Thanks! :thumb:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
drbrumley said:
I think this is going to be a really close game. Like last year.

That was fun!

I went back a couple weeks ago and read our posts during that game, that was classic FF!!

drbrumley

Nevermind, it would have been to much work to do. I wanted to make game threads but no way. I can't write that good and that fast. :noid:

Status
Not open for further replies.