2004 TOL Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by drbrumley

:cry:
Well, it's been real and it's been fun...

I'll look through next year's rules. It looks like it might be better. I just prefer if there was more strategy involved.

drbrumley

Originally posted by Lucky

Well, it's been real and it's been fun...

I'll look through next year's rules. It looks like it might be better. I just prefer if there was more strategy involved.

You have no argument from me. This is every team owners league. I like suggestions. I want suggestions. If you have any, feel free to say them. Of course there is no guarantee they can be implemented.

Also, due to unforeseen circumstances :cough: hurricanes: we had some major hurdles to climb thru. But we did it.

The rules will be more structured next year for sure.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Lucky

I just prefer if there was more strategy involved.

Really? I spend hours each week studying players and watching for new break-out players who are given a chance because of injuries to the starting players. It has paid off very well! It helps if you are ready to pick them up Tuesday morning right at 8:00 Central before someone else gets them.

Oh....maybe I shouldn't have shared that...:noid:

There is a LOT of strategy to this game besides what I just metioned.......

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Imrahil

Oh great. I have two bad RBs and only one replacement.

There are players available in the 'Free Agent' pool. They can be added Tuesday Morning at 8:00 Central.

drbrumley

Originally posted by BillyBob

Really? I spend hours each week studying players and watching for new break-out players who are given a chance because of injuries to the starting players. It has paid off very well! It helps if you are ready to pick them up Tuesday morning right at 8:00 Central before someone else gets them.

Oh....maybe I shouldn't have shared that...:noid:

There is a LOT of strategy to this game besides what I just metioned.......

:noway: :noway:

See, this is what I mean. BillyBob has done nothing wrong but puts other team owners at a disadvantage. We need to streamline the way free agents are picked up AND EVERYONE has the chance.

drbrumley

And waivers set for 1 day, say Thursday for example, would give everyone the opportunity to choose who they want.

Agreed?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
No!!! I am not putting any coach at a disadvantage, the rules are clear that players can be Added on Tuesday morning at a specific time! Don't use the Waiver system, it is much less fair and it usually doesn't work anyway.

This League should be operated with the freedom of coaches to pick up players when they want them. If I'm gonna be down on the waiver list next year because I had a good season this year, I would NEVER get any decent Free Agents. That's worse than Affirmative Action! :doh:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
:nono: No More Waivers! No More Waivers! No More Waivers! No More Waivers! No More Waivers! No More Waivers! No More Waivers! :nono:

drbrumley

No!!! I am not putting any coach at a disadvantage, the rules are clear that players can be Added on Tuesday morning at a specific time! Don't use the Waiver system, it is much less fair and it usually doesn't work anyway.

This League should be operated with the freedom of coaches to pick up players when they want them. If I'm gonna be down on the waiver list next year because I had a good season this year, I would NEVER get any decent Free Agents. That's worse than Affirmative Action! :doh:

I understand what you are saying. But what about the owner who CAN'T be here to pick up free agents on Tuesday Morning? Thats what I mean by disadvantage. As I said, your not breaking the rules. Just I'm searching for a more equittable solution.

Lucky

Hall of Fame

I know, and I like that stuff. But if you've been dealt a bad hand of cards, there's only so much you can do.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

I understand what you are saying. But what about the owner who CAN'T be here to pick up free agents on Tuesday Morning? Thats what I mean by disadvantage. As I said, your not breaking the rules. Just I'm searching for a more equittable solution.

I don't like the waiver system. How about asking coaches and find a time for Picking up Free Agents after each weekend that is convenient for everyone, like Teusday evening, for example.

drbrumley

I don't like the waiver system. How about asking coaches and find a time for Picking up Free Agents after each weekend that is convenient for everyone, like Teusday evening, for example.

I could go for something like that. Make it Wednesday starting at 6PM EST. That would work.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

I could go for something like that. Make it Wednesday starting at 6PM EST. That would work.

That's better than waivers. Ask the coaches and see what they say. You're never going to get a consensus on anything, but it's better than waivers.

Also, let's start a couple weeks earlier next season so we aren't scrambling like we did this year.

Sozo had a couple good ideas about the draft order that should be considered.

Hey Doc, thanks again for being the FF Commish, I know it's been a pain at times. Do we owe you any $ as coaches? There is no reason you should shoulder the entire cost, let me know if I can send ya somethin'.

drbrumley

That's better than waivers. Ask the coaches and see what they say. You're never going to get a consensus on anything, but it's better than waivers.

Also, let's start a couple weeks earlier next season so we aren't scrambling like we did this year.

Sozo had a couple good ideas about the draft order that should be considered.

Hey Doc, thanks again for being the FF Commish, I know it's been a pain at times. Do we owe you any $ as coaches? There is no reason you should shoulder the entire cost, let me know if I can send ya somethin'.

Actually, we did get started in the last week of July, everything was set up and almost done, till Hurricane Charlie decided to make an appearance. And he utterly destroyed everything almost. My computer. So I had lost everything I did. This is wht we went ahead and did CBS cause it was the easiest way to get it going again. Then the other hurricanes showed up.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I have Shawn Alexander playing tonight, I only need 7 points to have the highest League score of the year! :banana:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.