2 Cor 4.4 (Jesus, The God of this age!)

Apple7

When I think of those who are so blind they cannot hear, I see a pattern. What keeps them from hearing the Gospel, and what keeps them from seeing the Light? Not satan's power, but their very own lusts and pride. God sees that as well. Just as He saw the hardness in Pharaoh's heart, and hardened it even more. Just as He saw the Jews in their self righteous pride, and blinded them. 2 Cor. 3:14, Acts 13:45-47

It seems to me, in all cases, it's a denial of the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. We see it here on TOL. And it's backed by plain old fashioned PRIDE and self-righteousness. Satan doesn't have to do a dang thing.

James 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Agreed, again!

Apple7

I've heard enough.

Yer fulla crap.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world (1 Peter 5:8-9).

I already exegetically covered why this popular 'go to' passage is NOT referring to The Devil in past #87 of this same thread. If you have an issue with it, then refute it...

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...f-this-age!)&p=5217894&viewfull=1#post5217894

Apple7

So Satan was bound at the cross was he?

Yes, according to scripture.

And he's not loose now?

Correct, according to scripture.

That's not true, Satan with the evil spirits that follow him are loose and in the hearts of those who do evil. Jesus says that he''s the prince of this world so he's very much free in this world.

Jesus said this

John 14

Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

That is Pre-Cross scripture.

It was Satan who murdered Jesus through wicked men,

Actually, scripture gives FULL credit to the JEWS for murdering Jesus.

it it is Satan who is the prince of this world.

Correction...WAS....

This is why Jesus said the following (below in Luke 22) because those who were handing him over to be murdered were full of darkness and had Satan in their hearts, and they were in darkness because they were blinded by the God and Prince of this world, Satan, who causes darkness. We are blind when we are in the dark and we are in the dark when we are in the flesh. Because it's Satan who the world is under the will of, and they follow him by the lusts of their flesh, loving their flesh and this world, until they have the chance to see the light when they hear the gospel of God and believe the truth and turn from sin.

Luke 22

When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

That is Pre-Cross scripture.

glorydaz

I've heard enough.

Yer fulla crap.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world (1 Peter 5:8-9).

Peter is saying that all men experience afflictions and tribulations.
"Seeking whom he MAY DEVOUR". What can satan "devour" with his lies? Your confidence, your witness? God, in turn, uses those worldly afflictions to strengthen you. Which is Peter's message here.

1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.​

God can also use those same tribulations to draw a person to Himself.

glorydaz

Oh Satan has plenty to do with it, he's the one blinding the world, we're not blinded because we don't believe that Jesus is God,

God is the Light of the Word, and Jesus is the True Light. That's why YOU'RE blind.

were blinded by the hardness of our hearts and God then gives us over to the prince of darkness because we love our flesh before God.

Ah, so your claim is that God gives us over to satan. Wow.

Because we "love our flesh". So, satan is blinding the world because we love our flesh. :chew:

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

I can see clearly that Satan is very much loose, not that he is bound as you seem to believe!

In the first place, Miss Smarty Pants, I haven't entered into the conversation concerning satan being bound. Keep jumping the gun like that, and I'll be convinced you're a simpleton.

He's trying to devour as many as he can, and can we fall as he tempts us by the lusts of the flesh and if we listen he's in, unless we have the Spirit in the heart then he can't enter in as long as we listen to the Spirit and obey God because he will be guiding us in the truth and we should be seeing when Satan tries to tempt us whilst those in the world are blind being tossed too and fro by him.

Never mind. I'm convinced already. You're a simpleton. "If we listen he's in"....unless we have the Spirit....then he can't as long as we..... :blabla:

He who is in the heart of those who belong to Christ is stronger than he who is in the world.

Then maybe you should try trusting Him. :chuckle:

Those who are blind are those who live by the will of their flesh and not by the will of God. God will enlighten those living by his will and show them that Satan is very much free!

Satan isn't free. He has never been free, but can only do what God allows.

It's satan that is "enlightening" you, little girl. He's a liar.

"FREE" :rotfl:

Apple7

And according to Paul, Satan is very much free!

No.

According to Paul, Satan is bound.

Acts 26

Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

The 'power of Satan', refers to his demons.

2 Corinthians 11

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works

The context of 2 Cor 11 informs the reader that Satan is not present himself in the world, but, instead, his presentment is in his demons as detailed in the context of 2 Cor 11.12 – 15.

1 Timothy 1

Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck: Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

This passage simply re-enforces that Satan is bound, as they had to be 'delivered' to Satan....as Satan cannot make it in person.

The lexicons back this up with the definition of 'paredōka', as....'to deliver one into the power of Satan to be harassed and tormented with evils.'

There are numerous Biblical passages that refer to Satan's 'power' when referring to the demons.

Thus, Satan is bound, but his minions are free-ranging...

Apple7

Oh Satan has plenty to do with it, he's the one blinding the world, we're not blinded because we don't believe that Jesus is God, were blinded by the hardness of our hearts and God then gives us over to the prince of darkness because we love our flesh before God. I can see clearly that Satan is very much loose, not that he is bound as you seem to believe!

He's trying to devour as many as he can, and can we fall as he tempts us by the lusts of the flesh and if we listen he's in, unless we have the Spirit in the heart then he can't enter in as long as we listen to the Spirit and obey God because he will be guiding us in the truth and we should be seeing when Satan tries to tempt us whilst those in the world are blind being tossed too and fro by him.

He who is in the heart of those who belong to Christ is stronger than he who is in the world.

Those who are blind are those who live by the will of their flesh and not by the will of God. God will enlighten those living by his will and show them that Satan is very much free!

Jesus, Himself, told us in Mat 24 that terrible things would occur BEFORE the end comes, and BEFORE the release of the 'abomination of desolation' (i.e. Satan).

Jesus lists-out many things occurring BEFORE the release of Satan....false prophets, wars, rumors of wars, nation set against nation, famine, plagues, earthquakes, the killing of Christians, etc...

So....what we are seeing today IS to be expected, per scripture.

But....

When Satan is unbound, we will see, for a brief period, 'great affliction, such as has not happened from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever will be.'

Everything going on in the world today has been seen played-out in various forms for thousands of years.

Clearly, any student of scripture can see that Satan is bound today.

Study your scriptures, and thank God that Satan is currently bound!

Apple7

Jesus never allow hateful talks.

He is prince of peace, LOVE.

You mean like this....?

You are from the Devil as the father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. (John 8.44 – 45) - JESUS

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You mean like this....?

You are from the Devil as the father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. (John 8.44 – 45) - JESUS

Jesus is perfect and know the truth.

We are none of that.

glorydaz

Jesus, Himself, told us in Mat 24 that terrible things would occur BEFORE the end comes, and BEFORE the release of the 'abomination of desolation' (i.e. Satan).

Jesus lists-out many things occurring BEFORE the release of Satan....false prophets, wars, rumors of wars, nation set against nation, famine, plagues, earthquakes, the killing of Christians, etc...

So....what we are seeing today IS to be expected, per scripture.

But....

When Satan is unbound, we will see, for a brief period, 'great affliction, such as has not happened from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever will be.'

Everything going on in the world today has been seen played-out in various forms for thousands of years.

Clearly, any student of scripture can see that Satan is bound today.

Study your scriptures, and thank God that Satan is currently bound!

And Paul speaks of the "restrainer". I believe that restrainer is the church (will be taken in the rapture), ie. the Holy Spirit. What do you think?

2 Thess. 2:6-7 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.​

way 2 go

Those verses don't answer my question. If the god of this world blinds us, then he must have more power than the Gospel
not about power never has been about power

Mat 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

....which none of us believe. So it has to be he's given indirect credit somehow. Sin, for instance.

it is not satan's power , satan is the alternative .

Mat 12:30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

Mat 7:13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
Mat 7:14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Peter is saying that all men experience afflictions and tribulations.
"Seeking whom he MAY DEVOUR". What can satan "devour" with his lies? Your confidence, your witness? God, in turn, uses those worldly afflictions to strengthen you. Which is Peter's message here.

1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.​

God can also use those same tribulations to draw a person to Himself.

You just ignored all reason.

glorydaz

not about power never has been about power

Mat 23:12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

it is not satan's power , satan is the alternative .

Mat 12:30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

Mat 7:13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.
Mat 7:14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

We seem to be having a disconnect, here. I'm talking about satan being the "god of this world", and his ability to blind the minds of the unbelievers.

If you're saying satan has no power to blind, then I'm wondering how you interpret this verse.

2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.​

glorydaz

I've heard enough.

Yer fulla crap.

You just ignored all reason.

Then you point out the "reason" I ignored. :chew: