1935 years ago from Today March 25, 2016 Friday

Samie

Right, so not an eyewitness account then.

Stuart
I think John is an eyewitness. But granting you are correct that he is not, did he err in recording there were 3 Passovers that occurred AFTER His baptism until His Crucifixion?

Stuu

I think John is an eyewitness. But granting you are correct that he is not, did he err in recording there were 3 Passovers that occurred AFTER His baptism until His Crucifixion?
I think your basic problem is that there are no eyewitnesses of Jesus. Not a single person is known to have seen Jesus and written about the experience. No one knows who wrote the Gospel of John, it is anonymous.

I kid you not!

Stuart

Samie

I think your basic problem is that there are no eyewitnesses of Jesus. Not a single person is known to have seen Jesus and written about the experience. No one knows who wrote the Gospel of John, it is anonymous.

I kid you not!

Stuart
I'd rather believe what the Bible says than what you say. Sorry, brother.

Stuu

I'd rather believe what the Bible says than what you say. Sorry, brother.
So you are a fan of historical fiction then. That's exactly what scripture is. Pilate was real, Herod was real, very probably Jesus was real but what they wrote about them is all made up because of what THEY would rather believe: the prophecies in Isaiah, etc.

So what you get is myths built on myths.

Still, believe what you like. It takes all sorts.

Stuart

Samie

So you are a fan of historical fiction then. That's exactly what scripture is. Pilate was real, Herod was real, very probably Jesus was real but what they wrote about them is all made up because of what THEY would rather believe: the prophecies in Isaiah, etc.

So what you get is myths built on myths.

Still, believe what you like. It takes all sorts.

Stuart
Thanks for calling the Bible a historical fiction. Have a good day, brother.