10yrs later my Login info still works!

HumbleStudent

Greetings!

I found this forum in early 2002 (as a 19y.o.) and immediately registered and starting posting. This was the first place where I had specific beliefs directly challenged. This forced me to sharpen my beliefs, and my skepticism, it was very healthy for me.

So, fast forward 10 years... a LOT has changed. Once again I seek a forum to discuss and possibly debate (although I don't care if I win) certain issues of theology and worldview. My goal is really just to sharpen my own beliefs and contribute to the discussion.

Things I am recently/currently thinking about:

Cosmology, Anthropic principle

Old earth creationism/Theistic evolution
-- the meaning of the image of God (spiritual vs physical).

Views on inspiration and interpretation of Scripture
-- this is one that I'm in limbo on (I was always taught that the plenary verbal inspiration was correct) I am not necessarily opposed to it, as long as the interpretation allows for certain texts to be non-literal/allegory/hyperbole.

Anyways, hope to join some discussions soon.

Cheers,

Patrick.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Greetings!

I found this forum in early 2002 (as a 19y.o.) and immediately registered and starting posting. This was the first place where I had specific beliefs directly challenged. This forced me to sharpen my beliefs, and my skepticism, it was very healthy for me.

I think I remember you, Patrick. Maybe, you remember some of us from back then, as well.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Posts Per Day: 0.00

That may be the lowest posting average for a currently posting 10 year member.

I aint no monkey

Welcome back. Let me save you a lot of trouble and debate. The Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallable word of God. The creation story in Genesis is literal and true. Evolution is a lie from Satan. The global flood really happened.

Did I miss anything?

One Eyed Jack

Welcome back. Let me save you a lot of trouble and debate. The Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallable word of God. The creation story in Genesis is literal and true. Evolution is a lie from Satan. The global flood really happened.

Did I miss anything?

Don't forget Jesus really rose from the dead. These days, you gotta put that one out there too.

HumbleStudent

Well monkey, you've convinced me, thanks for saving me the time. If anyone would like to share some links to relevant discussions, I am more than interested.