“I am the mother of a gay son and I’ve taken enough from you good people”

Buzzword

This needs to be broadcast over as many media as possible.

You have the audacity to talk about protecting families and children from the homosexual menace, while you yourselves tear apart families and drive children to despair. I don’t know why my son is gay, but I do know that God didn’t put him, and millions like him, on this Earth to give you someone to abuse. God gave you brains so that you could think, and it’s about time you started doing that.

At the core of all your misguided beliefs is the belief that this could never happen to you, that there is some kind of subculture out there that people have chosen to join. The fact is that if it can happen to my family, it can happen to yours, and you won’t get to choose. Whether it is genetic or whether something occurs during a critical time of fetal development, I don’t know. I can only tell you with an absolute certainty that it is inborn.

If you want to tout your own morality, you’d best come up with something more substantive than your heterosexuality. You did nothing to earn it; it was given to you. If you disagree, I would be interested in hearing your story, because my own heterosexuality was a blessing I received with no effort whatsoever on my part. It is so woven into the very soul of me that nothing could ever change it. For those of you who reduce sexual orientation to a simple choice, a character issue, a bad habit or something that can be changed by a 10-step program, I’m puzzled. Are you saying that your own sexual orientation is nothing more than something you have chosen, that you could change it at will? If that’s not the case, then why would you suggest that someone else can?

You religious folk just can’t bear the thought that as my son emerges from the hell that was his childhood he might like to find a lifelong companion and have a measure of happiness. It offends your sensibilities that he should request the right to visit that companion in the hospital, to make medical decisions for him or to benefit from tax laws governing inheritance.

You use religion to abdicate your responsibility to be thinking human beings. There are vast numbers of religious people who find your attitudes repugnant. God is not for the privileged majority, and God knows my son has committed no sin.

“I am the mother of a gay son and I’ve taken enough from you good people”

Nazaroo

Lets test the logic:

You have the audacity to talk about protecting families and children from the home-invasion menace, while you yourselves tear apart families and drive children to despair. I don’t know why my son is a rapist, but I do know that God didn’t put him, and millions like him, on this Earth to give you someone to abuse. God gave you brains so that you could think, and it’s about time you started doing that.

At the core of all your misguided beliefs is the belief that this could never happen to you, that there is some kind of subculture out there that people have chosen to join. The fact is that if it can happen to my family, it can happen to yours, and you won’t get to choose. Whether it is genetic or whether something occurs during a critical time of fetal development, I don’t know. I can only tell you with an absolute certainty that it is inborn.

If you want to tout your own morality, you’d best come up with something more substantive than your non-participation in violent home invasions. You did nothing to earn it; it was given to you. If you disagree, I would be interested in hearing your story, because my own conformity to community common law was a blessing I received with no effort whatsoever on my part. It is so woven into the very soul of me that nothing could ever change it. For those of you who reduce rape or robbery to a simple choice, a character issue, a bad habit or something that can be changed by a 10-step program, I’m puzzled. Are you saying that your own obedience to the law is nothing more than something you have chosen, that you could change it at will? If that’s not the case, then why would you suggest that someone else can?

You religious folk just can’t bear the thought that as my son emerges from the hell that was his childhood he might like to find a lifelong illegal career and have a measure of happiness. It offends your sensibilities that he should request the right to avoid prison for sodomy, to make life-ending decisions for others, or to benefit from tax loopholes.

You use religion to abdicate your responsibility to be thinking human beings. There are vast numbers of religious people who find God's laws repugnant. God is not for the privileged majority, and God knows my son has committed no sin, other than being a codependent and enabler for other lawbreakers.

Well, the logic doesn't look as strong when the 'lifestyle' is conceded to be a criminal activity.

So is sodomy a crime or not?

HisServant

Then let them marry. Simple solution

I'd prefer to see the government get out of the marriage business... for something that protects both partners, regardless of orientation better.

Having been through the divorce/child support mill once... its a nightmare and needs to be fixed.

republicanchick

I find this offensive

It is saying that no one has the right, even the moral right to be against homosexuality

it puts homosexuality on the same level as heterosexuality

Nature does not do that

Nature was made by God and His laws control nature.. well, at least the animal kingdom

humans always tend to think they know better than God

humans always try to re-invent wheels

It is not a sin to be homosexually inclined.

But it is a TERRIBLE sin to engage in homosexual acts. Believe it or not, there are people on the planet who do not have sex of ANY kind... hetero or homo...

and Surprise, surprise, it doesn't kill them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perversion sends people to Hell... let us not encourage perversion

(You don't believe in Hell? well, u can't prove that any more than I can absolutely prove otherwise. Y take chances?)

++

Caledvwlch

I find this offensive

It is saying that no one has the right, even the moral right to be against homosexuality

Nature does not do that

Nature was made by God and His laws control nature.. well, at least the animal kingdom

But it is a TERRIBLE sin to engage in homosexual acts. Believe it or not, there are people on the planet who do not have sex of ANY kind... hetero or homo...

(You don't believe in Hell? well, u can't prove that any more than I can absolutely prove otherwise. Y take chances?)

++

And you put me on Ignore?

Why is it a "TERRIBLE sin"?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I find this offensive

Uh huh. Shame on that mother for defending her child and practicing her right of free speech.

No it's not.

How old were you when you made made the choice to become a heterosexual?

Nature does not do that

Opinion.

Surprise surprise ... you have voiced religious reasons for opposition to homosexuality. You are allowed to apply your reasons to yourself.

Well let's see ... why would a person who doesn't believe as you do prefer to find someone who they are capable of loving as opposed to settling for a person that YOU approve of for them?

Kdall

BANNED
Banned

I find this offensive

Nature does not do that

Perhaps you're unaware that in nature, almost every single species that has both males and females has been observed engaging in homosexual activity. It's most common in higher animals, like apes and dolphins. There is even a whole species of lizard that has only females, not a single male

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Quote:
You have the audacity to talk about protecting families and children from the homosexual menace, while you yourselves tear apart families and drive children to despair. I don’t know why my son is gay, but I do know that God didn’t put him, and millions like him, on this Earth to give you someone to abuse. God gave you brains so that you could think, and it’s about time you started doing that.

If you want to tout your own morality, you’d best come up with something more substantive than your heterosexuality be interested in hearing your story, because my own heterosexuality was a blessing I received with no effort whatsoever on my part. It is so woven into the very soul of me that nothing could ever change it. For those of you who reduce sexual orientation to a simple choice, a character issue, a bad habit or something that can be changed by a 10-step program, I’m puzzled. Are you saying that your own sexual orientation is nothing more than something you have chosen, that you could change it at will? If that’s not the case, then why would you suggest that someone else can?

You religious folk just can’t bear the thought that as my son emerges from the hell that was his childhood he might like to find a lifelong companion and have a measure of happiness. It offends your sensibilities that he should request the right to visit that companion in the hospital, to make medical decisions for him or to benefit from tax laws governing inheritance.

You use religion to abdicate your responsibility to be thinking human beings. There are vast numbers of religious people who find your attitudes repugnant. God is not for the privileged majority, and God knows my son has committed no sin.

just a couple problems

1. God Is not religion and has no religion 2. it's not simply "religious folk" - 3. why did the child have a childhood that was "hell" -

they sound bitter and angry -:patrol:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps you're unaware that in nature, almost every single species that has both males and females has been observed engaging in homosexual activity. It's most common in higher animals, like apes and dolphins. There is even a whole species of lizard that has only females, not a single male

then it IS ok ! :think:

Granite

Hall of Fame
just a couple problems

1. God Is not religion and has no religion 2. it's not simply "religious folk" - 3. why did the child have a childhood that was "hell" -

they sound bitter and angry -:patrol:

Considering what that kid was probably put through by bigots I'd be a little hot under the collar too.