“diversity is more important than your security.”

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, but no. I'm not saying that you have a history of shoving your wife around and that we should take your domestic violence into account when considering what you say about immigrants. I'm saying you have a history of intense racism and bigotry and we should take that history of racism and bigotry into account when considering what you say about immigrants.

And I'm saying that you shouldn't. My personal dispositions are irrelevant to the claims that I'm making. Whether or not I am married and beat my wife is irrelevant to any argument I present on laws which concern domestic abuse.

If the arguments I give are bad, they are bad independently of the fact that I, under this hypothesis, beat my wife, and any disagreement with my arguments should be on the basis of the arguments presented, not based on my personal life.

If you disagree with me about muslim immigrants, then present arguments about the issue, not about me. I am irrelevant.

This is my final statement on the topic. I refuse to entertain this any further.

This discussion is over.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oh, here we go with this nonsense.

"How dare you not hate your white skin!"

i hate my white skin when i burn in the sun

Whether or not I am married and beat my wife is irrelevant ...

when you get married, i would strongly recommend that you do beat your wife, often

Spoiler
i-like-to-beat-my-wife-to-the-door.jpg

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Consistent, koranic Islam is entirely incompatible with every form of government that isn't already Islamic, and even with some that are.

The liberals will have a hard time rationalizing how Christianity was so oppressive when they are forced to be Muslims.

zoo22

And I'm saying that you shouldn't. My personal dispositions are irrelevant to the claims that I'm making. Whether or not I am married and beat my wife is irrelevant to any argument I present on laws which concern domestic abuse.

If the arguments I give are bad, they are bad independently of the fact that I, under this hypothesis, beat my wife, and any disagreement with my arguments should be on the basis of the arguments presented, not based on my personal life.

If you disagree with me about muslim immigrants, then present arguments about the issue, not about me. I am irrelevant.

This is my final statement on the topic. I refuse to entertain this any further.

This discussion is over.

:chuckle:

Sometimes your posts remind me of static on a TV screen. It's like it's such an overload of nonsense it just blurs and turns into static.

Of course your racist bigot nazi history matters here. You're interpreting information and drawing conclusions, not simply presenting evidence. So it matters what sort of messed up filter of a brain you're putting that information through before you spit out your conclusion.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Oh, here we go with this nonsense.

"How dare you not hate your white skin!"

It's a crime to be proud of white heritage. I don't get it- were white people just born with all they have? Because I could have sworn white people fought, built and prospered on their own sweat and blood the same as any other civilization.

But, don't let me 'offend' or 'rape' you with my opinion (fact) :chuckle:

That irks me also. This country was built by many races of people and worked as slaves - slave labor. I'm tired of blacks whining about things from 150+ years ago.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I need to prove that it's okay to be proud of white heritage..

Are you pretending that you do not understand the difference between being proud of one's heritage as compared to persecuting others because of *their* heritage.

Oh well, spin it as you like. It's what you do ... and why reasonable, honest people don't buy into your "arguments".

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why don't you google "Are Muslim immigrants more likely to commit rape?" If you simply survey the results, I think you'll understand what I mean. You will get a whole lot of websites which will tell you that Muslim immigrants are dangerous and that they are responsible for a vastly disproportionate amount of rape.
If you look up "Jews are evil" you'll find a few websites too. And they'll tell you all sorts of things that aren't true. Some of them have books. :plain:

I could very well cite these things and pull sources for any number of claims that I could be making.
Would you accept from a student writing a paper on a serious subject an unsubstantiated claim gleaned from a website? No, source matter matters. You don't get objective data from stormfront, or any sites trading in alarmist rhetoric, etc.

The problem, of course, that you will find with it is that these tend to be anti-Muslim, anti-immigration, right-wing websites and news sources. You'll accuse them of bias.
I don't have to. You just did.

...Once again, this goes back to my question about whether anyone's bothering to do these surveys, who those people are, how they are doing it, etc.
Look to studies on immigration and violence that break that down across gender and other particulars. Look for something within the last five years, ideally but not within the most recent year absent a fairly iron clad source. Else, look to academic and public journals with credible credentials, rated among the more objectively accurate at reporting facts. There are even rankings of think tanks available online.

It seems clear to me that Western governments and liberals in general have a determinate political agenda, and that agenda involves importing Muslim immigrants and sweeping the obvious consequences of these things under the rug.
But you've already demonstrated a fairly severely negative and assumptive bias on the topic, so it doesn't surprise me.

I'd have been surprised by, "Thinking on my methodology and understanding my historical struggles to value or view the other objectively, as a creature of reason I'm going to have to withdraw an insufficiently supported opinion and sensational notion until I feel I have an opinion rooted in an objective understanding of the topic."

That would have blown my academic doors off.

Again, consider the fact that EU leaders are insisting that muslim immigration has nothing to do with Cologne. Never mind...the assailants were pretty much all muslim immigrants.
Do they mean that the anecdote shouldn't be confused with a rule for determining policy? If so, they're right. But we'll come to another consideration being mulled by the German government and its implications for them and for you in a moment.

Why should I think that liberal Western institutions should have even the slightest interest in focusing their attention on the problem and getting hard data which actually would show that muslim immigration is a bad idea? It's in direct conflict with liberal ideology.
Rather, governments and institutions of power have a vested interest in preserving that power. They will look into issues like "violence and immigration" because it is in their best interests to do so. Most ideology is at its heart self serving.

So no, TH, I ultimately don't agree with your assessment. My views aren't based on ignorance.
You've literally admitted that your views were based on anecdotes without correlating data. That's ignorance, no matter how you feel about it.

...The cologne attacks are evidence of something. What degree of evidence? I won't dispute it. But they are evidence.
You find a man hanging in the woods. It's evidence of something too. The problem comes in when we assume we know the "of what" instead of determining it objectively as best we can.

TH, these examples actually work against your case.
No, they really don't. I'm noting that mob violence is far from uncommon and has no necessary ties to a religion or immigration. See, you saw a crowd of Muslims breaking the law and assumed it was a Muslim problem. You wouldn't see a soccer riot and violence in a mostly Catholic country and assume the Church was responsible.

But do tell me, TH, what the cause of the Cologne attacks were.
I don't know, but if you want speculation let's begin with what the government has to say about it. If we are to believe the German government, around 1,000 men gathered in a train station before fragmenting to commit various crimes in Cologne. Sounds like terrorism to me. Hamburg and Stuttgart saw similar happenings on the night. They're looking into linkage as we write.

Germany took in over a million refugees through immigration in the year preceding it. It's not beyond the realm of reasonable speculation that some of those came to do this sort of thing. If so, you need to ask yourself why that would be in their best interests?

Is it merely a good cover from which to do damage? Possibly, but this sort of damage isn't harming the economy or taking lives. So what is it accomplishing?

The best way to answer that might be to note the six Pakistanis who, without being charged or convicted of anything, were attacked in the wake of this by a German mob of some twenty men. Two of the Pakistanis were hospitalized.

So what damage did those mobs of immigrants really do and how does your suggestion appear to serve that aim?

Ex hypothesi, if the West decided to expel all Muslims, there would be no legal Muslim immigrants.
I noted the law gave them the right to be exactly where they are, in contradiction to your declaration. No one is arguing that changing the law would alter that.

...The Islamic "religion" is diametrically opposed to Western values, legal and political doctrine, etc.
The native Muslim population will be mostly surprised to hear it. As will the people of Turkey.

I leave off your skewing of history and appeal to emotion in lieu of reason. Barbaric race? God, Trad, is this as far as you've come?

Your claim that unequal laws are unjust laws is just flat wrong, depending on what you mean.
So I'm wrong though you aren't sure you understand me. :plain:

musterion

Are you pretending that you do not understand the difference between being proud of one's heritage as compared to persecuting others because of *their* heritage.

Some black folks today do exactly that and the left says they're justified. I'm past white to the point of translucency, and some black folks would punch me in the head just for being descended from slave owners, even though MY people got off the boat long after theirs did (and in fact were de facto slaves back in Scotland/Ireland).

Either what's good for the rooster is good for the hen, or it's ALWAYS wrong no matter who does it to whom. Pick one.

ok doser

That irks me also. This country was built by many races of people and worked as slaves - slave labor. I'm tired of blacks whining about things from 150+ years ago.

blacks owned blacks
blacks owned whites
blacks owned indians
whites owned blacks
whites owned whites
whites owned indians
inidans owned indians
indians owned blacks
indians owned whites

blacks should stop whining about slavery

musterion

blacks owned blacks
blacks owned whites
blacks owned indians
whites owned blacks
whites owned whites
whites owned indians
inidans owned indians
indians owned blacks
indians owned whites

blacks should stop whining about slavery

Someone needs to post how the beatific, noble Comanche and Anasazi treated their fellow Injuns.

ok doser

Someone needs to post how the beatific, noble Comanche and Anasazi treated their fellow Injuns.

found myself subbing in a seventh grade social studies classroom a couple years ago in a mixed race classroom, covering andrew jackson's presidency, the trail of tears, etc

i mentioned to the kids that many of the indians forced out of their homelands took along their slaves

their black slaves

you could have heard a pin drop