‘We will not obey’--civil disobedience-gay marriage

rougueone

And you think you are righteous... when you ask people to act in disobedience to scripture?

Twice I posted Gods desires for Christians. Your heart is revealing so much.

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Hebrews 10:24 - And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

And my prayer for you is:
Romans 15:13 - Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

HisServant

Twice I posted Gods desires for Christians. Your heart is revealing so much.

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Hebrews 10:24 - And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

And my prayer for you is:
Romans 15:13 - Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

And I posted a passage.. in context... that we are not allowed to disobey our government.. because God put it there.

It's a pity you have been so brain washed by evil men... and you continue to practice evil by your twisting of God's words.

rougueone

All you do is what to lead weak Christians away like sheep to the slaughter... their blood will be on your hands.

I have but one master... Christ.

You serve yourself.. and yourself only.

Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. 17"But beware of men, for they will hand you over to the courts and scourge you in their synagogues;…

I cannot have further dialogue with you.

HisServant

Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. 17"But beware of men, for they will hand you over to the courts and scourge you in their synagogues;…

I cannot have further dialogue with you.

I cannot either... because you bare falsehood against Christ.

I also knew you were going to wimp out and stop.... because you are lazy... and afraid.

Jose Fly

Like others, I have to wonder....what aren't they going to obey? Did they think the government was going to make them gay marry or something?

rougueone

"I distrust those who know so well what God wants because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" Susan B. Anthony

Man must choose whom they will serve. Jesus made this a certainty for every individual.
I can post what God has stated as truth in Scripture. it is up to the individual to choose Gods teaching's as truth or not.
I appreciate your feed back.

rougueone

There is no room for Civil Disobedience for Christians.

Romans 13

You are a false teacher in need of a savior.

Really?

Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men--Authorities:think:.

Uh oh, did I twist Scripture again?

rougueone

I cannot either... because you bare falsehood against Christ.

I also knew you were going to wimp out and stop.... because you are lazy... and afraid.

Your words:

I don't remember Jesus confronting and denouncing anyone... ever.

He was compassionate, spoke in an authoritative and compassionate manner and told them to go and sin no more. The only time he was ever confrontational is when he cleared the money changers, but that was in his father house.

# 55 @ http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109284&page=4

Seems we have a " contradiction" here.

rougueone

Most people in this country are Christians, and yet most aren't bigots if they know how to avoid it.

Sadly many popular TV Christians and Radio "leaders" are bigots. They single out a specific sin, and zero in those committing it. Yet not mentioning other sins grouped within the same sins they are bigoted about.

PureX

Man must choose whom they will serve. Jesus made this a certainty for every individual.
I can post what God has stated as truth in Scripture. it is up to the individual to choose Gods teaching's as truth or not.
I appreciate your feed back.
Being a Christian does not relieve one of his citizenship, nor of his responsibility to his fellow citizens as a member of an Earthly nation. Especially not when that same person is benefitting from all the rights and freedoms being afforded to him because of his citizenship, and because of the sacrifices and efforts of his fellow citizens.

It's only a very selfish and spoiled Christian who thinks he does not have to obey the laws of his nation, respect the rights of his fellow citizens, or accept the responsibilities that come with the benefits of the society of human beings amongst which he lives.

HisServant

Your words:

I don't remember Jesus confronting and denouncing anyone... ever.

He was compassionate, spoke in an authoritative and compassionate manner and told them to go and sin no more. The only time he was ever confrontational is when he cleared the money changers, but that was in his father house.

# 55 @ http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109284&page=4

Seems we have a " contradiction" here.

Yet this same man, took up a whip, turned over tables and cleared his fathers house of money changes... just to name one.

You are the modern day equivalent of a money changer.

TrakeM

It's good to see some christians like Huckabee fighting for gay marriage. Seriously, the more people like him do this the harder it is to ignore that the desire for a theocracy is the ONLY reason same sex marriage isn't legal. It's the most effective way to lobby for same sex marriage I can think of.

TrakeM

It strikes me as interesting that christians are up in arms over same-sex marriage and their religion not being taught as fact to other people's kids, but no issues raised over corruption and quid pro quo.

Last edited:

HisServant

I don't care who gets married as long as we continue to protect children and young people... as long as pedophilia and child abuse is still illegal christian s should have nothing to say on this manner.