จับเสีอมือเปล่า

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We scare off more new members that way. :plain:
We scare off people who've come for some other purpose mostly, Trad. It's my experience that when a stranger walks up to you and offers insult they mostly aren't looking for a new pen pal. :D

Now come clean, would you be working this hard if the noob in question was a forty year old guy with a bad beard? :nono:

elohiym

Human society is biologically determined.

No it's not.

Society is "companionship or association with one's fellows, friendly or intimate intercourse." Society is biologically determined to an extent, and that fact is self-evident.

As influential as biology is it is highly variable.

Irrelevant to my point. It is self-evident that human mating, a basis for society, is biologically determined to great degree.

Ever heard of a sociopath?

I believe I'm not having a discussion with one.

Often, 'friends' infuriate them. They'd be better off as hermits.

Better than interacting with non-entities on internet forums I imagine.

Moreover, the laws of society are logical laws that have to do with intentional behavior.

Irrelevant to my point.

Don't confuse evolutionary and social psychology with society.

Thanks for the tip.

Society is a whole different animal, and even if everyone hated one another we could still have a society.

Irrelevant to my point.

No one is 'designed' for anything.

Humans are designed at a base level to eat and procreate. That is self-evident. If you prefer, they have "evolved" to eat and procreate, and their social nature is biologically determined to some extent. Like other animals engage in social behavior that is biologically determined (e.g. flocking), so do humans.

You don't understand how evolutionary psychology works, please stop pretending you do.

I have not claimed to understand how evolutionary psychology "works" and am not pretending I do.

La sagesse populaire est la sagesse des fous.

What popular wisdom have I shared? Who is John Galt, Dagny?

fool

Hall of Fame
Now you'll have to forgive me, as I have slightly more interesting things to do and the nail clippers to do them with.

Is the front concave or convex?
I have no use for finger nail clippers, I have to use toe nail clippers even on my fingers because the curve on finger nail clippers is too small and dosen't follow the curve of my fingers. I use the concave toe nail clippers for my fingers and my pinky toes and convex toe nail clippers for the rest of my toes. I bought a fancy pair of convex toe nail clippers cause they had rubber on the handle and the jaws wouldn't go over my big toe nails because they're so thick. My big toe nails also have a severe curve to them, almost a semicircle so that makes it harder to get the clippers on them.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just use my wife's Revlon brand nail clippers. Too bad they are also made in China.

fool

Hall of Fame
I think you're suposed to have something in the cage for the bird to claw on to wear down it's nails, I never had a Parrot but I did have a Parakeet named Ralph, I named him after the mouse in the book The Mouse and The Motorcycle cause I was like 8 years old. He never learned to talk even though I talked to him all the time and after he died I found out that while parrots can talk somwhat Parakeets don't generally talk so I guess the hundreds of hours I spent trying to get Ralph to talk might have been a waste but he didn't seem to mind.

Refractive

My big toe nails also have a severe curve to them, almost a semicircle so that makes it harder to get the clippers on them.
If you soak then a couple times a week and run a metal nail file i under them, it thins them a bit and flattens them just a tige, and makes it easier. Or, it does for some folks.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL, khunying.

Oh, and you forgot to put smilies all over your posts to let everyone know you're just messing around.

Randy