The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

What sin did Abraham commit?

I can think of one time where he let a king take his wife from him because he was afraid that he would be killed if he admitted to being her husband.

Genesis 20:1-7 KJV
(1) And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar.
(2) And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.
(3) But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.
(4) But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?
(5) Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
(6) And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.
(7) Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

Rosenritter

If you say so...

The bible says John the Baptist came from heaven too. It's allegorical for the source of their anointing.

Where?

Luke 20:3-4 KJV
(3) And he answered and said unto them, I will also ask you one thing; and answer me:
(4) The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men?

No, all creation was made through the Logos. The Logos is the Plan of God. Look up logos in Strong's.

So he was conceived by a supernatural creative act instead of a biological created act. All of us, including Jesus, was created.

Except it tells us that all things were created by him. Therefore, he cannot be one of the things created.

Colossians 1:15-16 KJV
(15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Why don't you ever listen to other explanations for these supposed "proof texts" so you can understand how the early church interpreted them BEFORE they invented the doctrine of the Trinity?

Where did she say anything about or allude to "a doctrine of the Trinity?"(You do realize that she isn't Trinitarian?)

marhig

You have to wake up by obeying God. God doesn't just wake you up.

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
And how do you wake if you don't hear the spirit? I'm talking about hearing the word of God, (first light) and it awakening us!

Romans 13

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light

Ephesians 5

Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light

marhig

You say that the Spirit cannot be the FATHER because the FATHER cannot both encompass all, and too send out HIS Spirit.

Yet GOD is indeed all encompassing and in all and all exist through IT, so how then do you justifiably limit HIM?

peace, sorry for the blunt, to the point approach; but I am busy and the time for tarrying about is so beyond past.

I have been teetering to be honest, though I do apologize for seeming to be against you.

These minor differences we do see are surely for our benefit and the benefit and sake of all.

and again;

peace
Sorry I missed this, no, i believe God and Christ are in the Holy Spirit as they are one, so the father and Christ enter our hearts through the Spirit.

I believe that God is everywhere, and that the father and Christ are in all those who belong to God in heaven and in earth.

I believe that God and Christ are in all those in heaven and they are also in all those truly born of God here on earth through the Spirit. So we are all one through Christ by power of the Spirit.

Pops, I see God in everything that he has created, he's everywhere and he's not limited. The only thing that limits God is by our own doing, by living by the lusts of our flesh. But he wants to give us more and more, but we have to be willing to sacrifice our lives, lay them down and do his will. He won't do anything if we want to still lust after our flesh, turn from him and live by the will of Satan and love the world.

But God is everywhere, in all his creation and he speaks through everything he's created too.

For instance, I planted a plant in the garden, and it grew and was beautiful, I then saw two gorgeous false bunches of flowers and I put them in the pot with the real one. And the other day I was watching, and the wind blew and the real one moved but the false ones didn't. Then I saw that the real flowers grow and need water and light, and they move in the wind, but the dead ones don't do anything they just stay the same. And I thought that this is like the false church and the real one. I saw that they both look similar, but the false ones don't grow, they don't need the light and water to live, and they aren't moved to do the will of God by the Spirit and there's no life in them they just look the part on the outside, saying they love God with their lips, but they love their lives and this world more.

God is everywhere and can be seen through the things he has created, that's why Jesus was able to use the seed, the trees, the water, wind etc. Because God can be seen in all of them and he used them all to speak about God, I see the Bible in this way, full of deeper meanings, God is amazing and I love him with all my heart!

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

I can hardly believe that you said that.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

Hebrews 8:8 Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2 and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being.

3 Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer.

So if the Jews just added animal sacrifices, why didn't it get rebuked in the New Testament? Why is it called a teaching tool and a shadow of Christ? Why is Jesus called the Sacrificial Lamb of God?
Why does his blood shed do the cleaning like the sacrifice of animals did but outwardly?
Why did Abel give an animal sacrifice to God and it be good, and why did Noah give animal sacrifices?
Why did God tell Abraham to sacrifice his son?
I didn't mean added like that.

I mean it went from oral tradition to written and somewhere along the way a literal interpretation was decided to be the correct one.

popsthebuilder

I can hardly believe that you said that.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

Hebrews 8:8 Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2 and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being.

3 Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer.

So if the Jews just added animal sacrifices, why didn't it get rebuked in the New Testament? Why is it called a teaching tool and a shadow of Christ? Why is Jesus called the Sacrificial Lamb of God?
Why does his blood shed do the cleaning like the sacrifice of animals did but outwardly?
Why did Abel give an animal sacrifice to God and it be good, and why did Noah give animal sacrifices?
Why did God tell Abraham to sacrifice his son?
A test to see if he was actually faithful, and to show the merciful nature of GOD.

popsthebuilder

Sorry I missed this, no, i believe God and Christ are in the Holy Spirit as they are one, so the father and Christ enter our hearts through the Spirit.

I believe that God is everywhere, and that the father and Christ are in all those who belong to God in heaven and in earth.

I believe that God and Christ are in all those in heaven and they are also in all those truly born of God here on earth through the Spirit. So we are all one through Christ by power of the Spirit.

Pops, I see God in everything that he has created, he's everywhere and he's not limited. The only thing that limits God is by our own doing, by living by the lusts of our flesh. But he wants to give us more and more, but we have to be willing to sacrifice our lives, lay them down and do his will. He won't do anything if we want to still lust after our flesh, turn from him and live by the will of Satan and love the world.

But God is everywhere, in all his creation and he speaks through everything he's created too.

For instance, I planted a plant in the garden, and it grew and was beautiful, I then saw two gorgeous false bunches of flowers and I put them in the pot with the real one. And the other day I was watching, and the wind blew and the real one moved but the false ones didn't. Then I saw that the real flowers grow and need water and light, and they move in the wind, but the dead ones don't do anything they just stay the same. And I thought that this is like the false church and the real one. I saw that they both look similar, but the false ones don't grow, they don't need the light and water to live, and they aren't moved to do the will of God by the Spirit and there's no life in them they just look the part on the outside, saying they love God with their lips, but they love their lives and this world more.

God is everywhere and can be seen through the things he has created, that's why Jesus was able to use the seed, the trees, the water, wind etc. Because God can be seen in all of them and he used them all to speak about God, I see the Bible in this way, full of deeper meanings, God is amazing and I love him with all my heart!
So if you do not limit the capacities of GOD , sinuous believe it is possible that GOD can both be all encompassing, in all, through all, and still cause his spirit to also come upon whom He wills?

marhig

So if you do not limit the capacities of GOD , sinuous believe it is possible that GOD can both be all encompassing, in all, through all, and still cause his spirit to also come upon whom He wills?
Of course, he's in everything and he's everywhere! I don't really see what you are getting at? The Holy Spirit, all those Spirits who belong to him are of God's Spirit they are one as God and Christ are one.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So can we declare the Holy Spirit to be GOD?
Acts 5:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

glorydaz

So... What's your problem?

I can refer to GOD as "IT" of I so choose.

I'm not declaring GOD be limited to the image of GOD or a person or three people.

If you've got a problem with that then state it and support it with scripture not cherry picked to suite your agenda.

It isn't that you can't see my points.

It's that you refuse to allow yourself to not be deceived by your own pride. Of course you can't even see this as you haven't researched yourself to any real end.

If you start to admit to yourself, the things plainly stated in scripture then your faith only crap goes right out the window along with some other things.

Poor pops....got his feelings hurt. Pride, pops, does not become you. :nono:

glorydaz

Except for the occasional passage that does say that:

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
(6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

We do have a passage that says the Son is the Father. What we actually lack is a passage that says that the Son is NOT ultimately the Father.

1. Can there be any argument that "a child" and "a son" in this passage is any other than Jesus, also called the Son of God?
2. Is there any argument that "his name shall be called" is meant in any other sense than identification?
3. Is there any argument that "God" in this passage means anything less than "God" in its highest sense?
4. This is the first instance in the bible where "Father" is used as a title for God (not merely a descriptive) and it's used to name the son.

Glory, even if you don't like making that connection, or you think it might be confusing, it's not a fair statement to say that it is "nowhere in the bible" or "outside of scripture."

There is one Father in the Godhead. Which is the Trinity.

Eternal Father is speaking of the world to come when God will be all in all....sitting on one throne. His name "shall be called" doesn't mean we can call Christ the Father now. So, I think it is a fair statement....it is not yet so and the scripture you gave makes it clear.

glorydaz

Pops is usually pretty good about not doing that. Yet it does "pop" up sometime. I think it's a tendency that we all fall prey to from time to time. Part of becoming perfect would be learning how to put that aside.

You're entitled to your opinion, as I am. I've seen he is making a habit out of making accusations because he simply refuses to listen.