RIOTS IN THE STREETS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mocking You

So my takeaway from this video is if you are planning on rioting you can expect armed vigilantes to execute a death sentence on you, so stay home. Is that about it?

I didn't see any mention of the armed citizens being store owners or otherwise protecting anything.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

musterion

So my takeaway from this video is if you are planning on rioting you can expect armed vigilantes to execute a death sentence on you, so stay home. Is that about it?

Not quite.

I didn't see any mention of the armed citizens being store owners or otherwise protecting anything.

It's implied. A coiled snake doesn't attack unless and until it perceives a threat to itself from someone or something that has entered its proximity.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Tiananmen Protester: Donald Trump Sounds Like a Communist Leader
http://time.com/4258064/tiananmen-pr...munist-leader/

Also, how a lot of conservatives process the entire Black Lives Matter movement. Essentially, a riot is a protest with which you disagree or by people whose opinion you don't care about.

My point is this: When Donald the Degenerate did his 1992 interview for the SMUT magazine Playboy, he gave accolades to the Chinese communists for the way they put down (i.e. murdered) protesters in Tiananmen Square. While no one could compare the Marxist backed BLM movement with the students in China who only wanted freedom, Donald Trump is a wannabe tyrant and needs to be closely watched.

fool

Hall of Fame
Right. Which is not the vote of "We the People".

Sure it is, the people's vote is what determined the outcome.
Some people's vote matters more than others, it's a feature of our system.
But it's not unfair because everyone gets a choice about how much their vote matters.
If you want the most powerful vote, move to Wyoming.

fool

Hall of Fame
Also, how a lot of conservatives process the entire Black Lives Matter movement. Essentially, a riot is a protest with which you disagree or by people whose opinion you don't care about.

A riot is where you break windows and block roads. A protest is where you stand around with signs in an appropriate place and make speeches.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
21781_677810255659094_752473148233552515_n-500x669.jpg

fool

Hall of Fame
i don't remember them whining like this back in 2001 :idunno:

It dragged on for a month, I think it got diluted in all the action?
The focus was on counting Florida and people forgot to ask why Florida mattered so much.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

While I wouldn't use MLK Jr. as a model for peaceful protests library boy (deadly riots broke out in every city that he spoke at), Donald Trump found this sort of force impressive when dealing with peaceful protests:

o-TIANANMEN-SQUARE-TANKS-900.jpg

On June 4, 1989, thousands of Chinese troops stormed Beijing’s Tiananmen Square, violently ending a peaceful student-led protest that had been calling for freedom and democratic reform.

Tanks rumbled through the streets as soldiers fired on unarmed protesters in an attempt to disperse the outraged crowd. Hundreds, if not thousands, of demonstrators were killed in the assault.

fool

Hall of Fame
So, a movement that dumps perfectly good tea into a harbor?

That was a revolution.
Are you saying BLM is a revolution?
Cause they're not very good at that, if that's what they are trying to do.
They should try to pick what they are and then do it.

rexlunae

That was a revolution.

It was 1773, well before the actual revolution really got going. No, at the time, it was really just a protest against what the colonists saw as an unjust tax. It was destructive, illegal, and so small-scale that at the time no one could have imagined it would have lead to anything important, but it resonated enough with the other colonists that we still learn about it in school.

And really, does it matter if we view it as a protest in isolation, or part of a larger revolution? At heart, it's just a bunch of individuals trying to make a statement about what matters to them. Why do you suppose [white] people think so differently about the two situations?

Are you saying BLM is a revolution?

Maybe. There are many common threads between them. They're certainly looking for a revolution in how police treat them.

Cause they're not very good at that, if that's what they are trying to do.
They should try to pick what they are and then do it.

Can you name a tidy, organized revolution?

fool

Hall of Fame
It was 1773, well before the actual revolution really got going. No, at the time, it was really just a protest against what the colonists saw as an unjust tax. It was destructive, illegal, and so small-scale that at the time no one could have imagined it would have lead to anything important, but it resonated enough with the other colonists that we still learn about it in school.

And really, does it matter if we view it as a protest in isolation, or part of a larger revolution? At heart, it's just a bunch of individuals trying to make a statement about what matters to them. Why do you suppose [white] people think so differently about the two situations?

Maybe. There are many common threads between them. They're certainly looking for a revolution in how police treat them.

Can you name a tidy, organized revolution?

So you're saying that BLM is an actual revolution? the start of one?
When will we see BLM Congresspersons?

Status
Not open for further replies.