ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Maybe you would like to say when the disciples were saved?

Those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John must endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV). :duh:

Theirs, a receiving at the end of their faith; a "grace that should come unto" them

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Ours is not of ourselves, but through His faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). It is a gift and not at the end, but immediately as we "are saved" (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV, Ephesians 2:5 KJV).

Cross Reference

The elect of God are those who truly trust in Jesus alone for salvation. So, saving faith is evidence of election. Has nothing to do with Calvin, Luther, Gottshalk, Melanchthon, Augustine, although they did teach this.

Election, saving faith, is a holy (wholly) gift of God.

Don't need saving faith. The faith you expend for salvation in and of itself, becomes saving faith which, by the way, 'should' leave you a new found *faith for other things in life. Things that without it, makes it impossible to please God. No gift of faith needed for the gift of God one receives as the result of such an expenditure. However, for salvation as purposed by God per John 17:3, is no free gift. The cost is one's life.

*Gal 2:20 KJV only

Ephesians 2:8-9

Salvation is the gift unless you believe there are two gifts mentioned?

If you thnk on this you should see to understand that God's grace s NOT unmerited. The requirement from us is our faith. The cost is our lives abandoned to Him in xchange for His Life that our faith becomes His Faith we then live by.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John must endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV). :duh:

Theirs, a receiving at the end of their faith; a "grace that should come unto" them

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Ours is not of ourselves, but through His faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). It is a gift and not at the end, but immediately as we "are saved" (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV, Ephesians 2:5 KJV).

OK. I give up!

I'll rephrase what I thought to be a simple but very important question:

HERE:

What needed to be done before salvation could be granted . .to anyone?

Sonnet

In Acts chapter 2 we see Peter putting forth an indictment against the Jews for killing their Messiah. They asked Peter, "What shall we do?" Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38) Remember, Peter was speaking to The House of Israel ONLY at this time. For it was they who had Christ, their Messiah put to death.

Paul preached the same gospel to Gentiles and Jews...1 Cor 15:11.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul preached the same gospel to Gentiles and Jews...1 Cor 15:11.

Paul preached salvation by faith without works to the Gentiles back then. Peter preached salvation by faith and works to the House of Israel. Now here's the thing, you have told me and others on TOL that you are not a Christian believer so, you MUST sit back and learn. You're in no position to make a snap decision on anything of a Spiritual nature.

Sonnet

Paul preached salvation by faith without works to the Gentiles back then. Peter preached salvation by faith and works to the House of Israel. Now here's the thing, you have told me and others on TOL that you are not a Christian believer so, you MUST sit back and learn. You're in no position to make a snap decision on anything of a Spiritual nature.

Paul preached to the Jews in the synagogue. Nothing says he preached a different Gospel to them.

Sonnet

Would have me learn from Calvinists? Don't assume authority to tell em whom I should learn from.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul preached to the Jews in the synagogue. Nothing says he preached a different Gospel to them.

Paul received the "Grace Gospel" from the "Ascended Lord Jesus Christ." He was to be the Apostle to the Gentiles. At the beginning he did preach to the Jews however, that ended and he went to the Gentiles with the message he had received from Christ. I would ask you this, are you a believer or not? You come off as a Bible scholar and yet say you don't believe? Do you see the inconsistency in what you say? Are you just here to argue or to seek truth?

Cross Reference

Indeed, the gospel was the same. If anything, Paul explained to the Jews, who knew him the gospel of the good news that Jesus saves, gave up his effort to persuade them and took the same message to the Gentiles, with signs and wonders following. What is interesting is that all his letters were written to Pentecostal believers in Christ.. In Christ, I say Jesus and not Paul.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Would have me learn from Calvinists? Don't assume authority to tell em whom I should learn from.

Whether you learn or not isn't my problem, it's yours. If you get saved or not isn't my problem. If you don't believe anything I say, isn't my problem. I just preach the truth of the Grace Gospel (Paul's Gospel) if you don't want to believe me, then, don't. It won't do me any harm. The Disciples of old, went from one city to another preaching, if one city rejected then the Disciples brushed the dust off their shoes and went to the next. Because those cities or you reject the message doesn't affect the messenger. Understand?

Sonnet

Indeed.

Acts 17:1-4
When Paul and his companions had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a Jewish synagogue. As was his custom, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, explaining and proving that the Messiah had to suffer and rise from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Messiah,” he said. Some of the Jews were persuaded and joined Paul and Silas, as did a large number of God-fearing Greeks and quite a few prominent women.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There's a myriad of messages being spread around TOL. However, only ONE can be the "True Gospel." The rest are what's called, "Another Gospel." If someone rejects the ONE and only Gospel then they will await the judgment seat of God and be judged according to their works. After which, they'll be cast into the Lake of Fire for eternity. That's the way it is. Revelation 20:12 "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The "dead" according to that verse are the unsaved. The saved will stand before Christ and receive rewards, however, they will not suffer condemnation/judgment but HAVE Eternal life in Heaven. 2 Corinthians 5:10 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Whereas it's well known that CR hates me with a passion, it doesn't matter or affect me in the least. My job and other Grace Gospel believers are to preach the Gospel as best we can. The results are between God and the listener.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
CR isn't a member of the Body of Christ. For if he were, he wouldn't be in disagreement and at war with the teaching of the one and only true Gospel of this Dispensation of Grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.