• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Bacterial resistance to antibiotics- what is the Creationist explanation?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you mean by "genetic integrity"?

The capacity for a population's genome to produce variations. For example, the ancestor population of horses had greater genetic integrity than today's zebra population. In other words, the ancestral genome produced all the horse varieties we have today, but zebras could never do the same.

6days

Barbarian said:
No hardwiring required.
The term 'hardwired' in the article is being used by secularists. You can argue with them about their terminology. I understand why you reject terminology that implies intelligence. What I said was "it would seem that God hardwired the programming and mechanisms into bacteria."

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]From a Christian standpoint, we know God is the designer. It is our Creator who programmed life; it is He who did the 'wiring'. [/FONT]
Barbarian said:
He merely created a universe in which such wonderful things could emerge from the earth and evolve.
Well... Women are a wonderful thing, and this is how God says he did it. "So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man." you can find out about many other wonderful things God made in Genesis 1, and on which day he created them.
Barbarian said:
Sorry, science can't say anything at all about the supernatural
If you think science says anything on any topic, you don't understand science. Science is the study of the world around us using observation and experiments. Science helps confirm the biblical creation model, and provides an additional avenue of worship of our creator

chair

The capacity for a population's genome to produce variations. For example, the ancestor population of horses had greater genetic integrity than today's zebra population. In other words, the ancestral genome produced all the horse varieties we have today, but zebras could never do the same.

How do you know this? Where's the proof?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The term 'hardwired' in the article is being used by secularists.

Even your guys are more inclined to "front-loading." "Hard-wired" would mean those new mutations were always in the genome and we know that's not true. Would you like to learn how we know that? Meantime, IDer Michael Denton says about that issue:

t is important to emphasize at the outset that the argument presented here is entirely consistent with the basic naturalistic assumption of modern science--that the cosmos is a seamless unity which can be comprehended in its entirety by human reason and in which all phenomena, including life and evolution and the origin of man, are ultimately explicable in terms of natural processes. This is an assumption which is entirely opposed to that of the so-called "special creationist school." According to special creationism, living organisms are not natural forms, whose origin and design were built into the laws of nature from the beginning, but rather contingent forms analogous in essence to human artifacts, the result of a series of supernatural acts, involving God's direct intervention in the course of nature, each of which involved the suspension of natural law. Contrary to the creationist position, the whole argument presented here is critically dependent on the presumption of the unbroken continuity of the organic world--that is, on the reality of organic evolution and on the presumption that all living organisms on earth are natural forms in the profoundest sense of the word, no less natural than salt crystals, atoms, waterfalls, or galaxies.

In large measure, therefore, the teleological argument presented here and the special creationist worldview are mutually exclusive accounts of the world. In the last analysis, evidence for one is evidence against the other. Put simply, the more convincing is the evidence for believing that the world is prefabricated to the end of life, that the design is built into the laws of nature, the less credible becomes the special creationist worldview.
Michael Denton, Nature's Destiny (my emphasis)

You can argue with him about his terminology. I understand why you reject terminology that implies an omnipotent Creator. God is much wiser and more powerful than YE creationists are willing to let Him be.

What I said was "it would seem that God hardwired the programming and mechanisms into bacteria."

See above. Your own people admit that teleology of any kind is inconsistent with your new doctrines.

From a Christian standpoint, God is the Creator, not some mere created designer.

Science helps confirm the biblical creation model, and provides an additional avenue of worship of our creator.

See above. You seem to be at odds with your own people on this issue.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't think you have established that any such thing exists, so there's not much to disprove.
Indeed... neither of our world views regarding the origin of life can be verified in a materialist scientific way.

But the burden of proof is not on me. How do you justify your hypocritical accusation of magical science when there are four ways of making humans in scripture, with no mechanism to explain three of them, and with No.3 absurd as it is described?
God describes one way that He created man and another way that He created woman.

Stuu: Well then, how about your out-of-context usage of the word 'theory'?

It is pure hypocrisy on your part, I'm sorry to say. You cannot tell other people they are equivocating with language use when you do the same yourself.

Stuart
Your foolishness is tiring.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Once against...you are ignorant of facts...or/ and, again being dishonest. Denton is not a Christian...

That's what I just showed you. He thinks the universe is "designed." That's not what Christians believe. But notice that even IDers don't buy your new doctrine of YE creationism.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'm glad you agree that Michael Denton, the Discovery Institute, and Intelligent Design are false and anti-Bible.

Goes without saying. IDers imagine the "designer" to be "maybe a space alien."

But YE creationists thought it sounded all deep and sciencey, and started using some of the jargon. Big mistake.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
IDers imagine the "designer" to be "maybe a space alien."

But YE creationists thought it sounded all deep and sciencey, and started using some of the jargon. Big mistake.

IDers misrepresent both science AND the Bible! It's good to see YECs coming up to speed on this point.

6days

Barbarian said:
That's what I just showed you. He thinks the universe is "designed." That's not what Christians believe. But notice that even IDers don't buy your new doctrine of YE creationism.
Embarrassed yourself again, didn't you?

Rom. 1:20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Embarrassed yourself again, didn't you?

Sounds like projection.

(Random scripture presented by 6Days)
Rom. 1:20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.
You can think of God as a space alien, if you like, but He's the Creator, not some "designer." As you just saw, IDers don't buy your ideas, either.