ECT Faith + Obedience = Salvation?

dodge

You cannot believe something or have faith in what is found in the Scriptures unless you use your brain.

Please give me a definition of the word "believe" which proves your idea that the intellect plays no part in coming to faith.

I take it you give God no credit in your coming to faith ! Jerry, there is a process as in the conviction and leading of the Holy Spirit to bring one to Jesus and it has NOTHING to do with a man's intellect.

Actually faith is the opposite of trusting your intellect. It is a spiritual war Jerry not a course in theology.

If I were you I would get into the 4 gospels as you have destroyed the TRUTH of following and trusting Jesus by your segregating Him from HIS teachings and truths.You have no comprehension of the very basics of faith, trust,and following Jesus.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, you start and end with "you" as in believing INTELLECT is the key and it is NOT your intellect that changes your heart.

I never said that it is the key. The key is the supernatural word of God. But no one can believe that word apart from using their brain, as you seem to think!

i cannot stand your brainless arguments any longer. I am out of here!

Cross Reference

You cannot believe something or have faith in what is found in the Scriptures unless you use your brain.

Please give me a definition of the word "believe" which proves your idea that the intellect plays no part in coming to faith.

To believe is to trust in and rely upon in what/whoever you place your "faith".

glorydaz

Dear Dazed,

If, in her believing for her salvation as you do, additional believing for a relationship with Christ Jesus would be unecessary. She would be believing she has it all irrespective of any possibilty that Jesus could have made a mistake in saving her. She would be believing she is signed, sealed and delivered to the kingdom of God without the need to deal with lingering sin in her life that hinders anyone from entering. That is what I see from your replies you believe for yourself. Am I wrong?? . . I hope so.

Question: Are you familar with the term, "sin of presumption" or "presumptious sin"?

"Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."
Psalm 19:13-14 (KJV)

I'm quite confident in the Lord's ability to perform that which He started in me.

There is no sin in that.

glorydaz

I never said that it is the key. The key is the supernatural word of God. But no one can believe that word apart from using their brain, as you seem to think!

Clearly Dodge doesn't use his brain at all.....I guess that's why you can tell him the same thing over and over and it's as if he doesn't hear.

dodge

Faith trumps "intellect"every time.
:wave:

Cross Reference

No, there really isn't.

Try comvincing me becasue I don't know whether you are fer it or agin it. Use some scripture with your er, opinion. You know like maybe explain how it is you can believe your future sins are forgiven and yet they aren't justified before they are committed?

Do you believe David was forgiven before he laid with Bathsheba; before he murdered Uriah? How 'bout before Adam transgressed? Why not?

Last edited:

glorydaz

Try comvincing me becasue I don't know whether you are fer it or agin it. Use some scripture with your er, opinion. You know like maybe explain how it is you can believe your future sins are forgiven and yet they aren't justified before they are committed?

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

dodge

Hi and give me a verse that contradicts Acts 9:6 , an 1 Cor 12:3 an Acts 16:14 and Rom 10:9 an 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 as these verse explains Salvation !!

dan p

No problem dan to easy John 14:6

Jhn 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

glorydaz

Yes, and? That says you were justified, not you sins. When did you ask for forgiveness?

I didn't have to ask, I believed the Gospel. Don't you? :think:

1 Corinthians 15:1-4KJV
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:​

Cross Reference

I didn't have to ask, I believed the Gospel. Don't you? :think:

1 Corinthians 15:1-4KJV
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:​

"Forgive us this day our trespasses as we forgive others who tresspass against us". That is part of the Lords prayer Jesus recited to His Disciples you say you don't pray. How come you don't believe it applies to you?

Last edited:

DAN P

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.[/QUOTE

Hi and easy for HORSES SHOES and HAND GRENADES !!

First , your CONTEXT IS IN THE old Testament and dur Jesus earthly ministry !!

The reason it is in Jesus ministry , for it is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and Jesus is the WAY as long as His ministry CONTINUED and stopped in Acts 28:28 , and in Luke 13 13:6-9 and when the VAIL was given to Israel in 2 Cor 3:13-16 !!

Very EASY for me !!

DISPENSATIONALISM rules today !!

dan p

Last edited:

dodge

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.[/QUOTE

Hi and easy for HORSES and HAND GRENADES !!

First , your CONTEXT IS IN THE old Testament and dur Jesus earthly ministry !!

The reason it is in Jesus ministry , for it is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE and Jesus is the WAY as long as His ministry CONTINUED and stopped in Acts 28:28 , and in Luke 13 13:6-9 and when the VAIL was given to Israel in 2 Cor 3:13-16 !!

Very EASY for me !!

DISPENSATIONALISM rules today !!

dan p

You mean the ministry where Jesus walked the earth for 33 years without committing even one sin that Jesus ? So some how you don't have to pay attention to that Jesus who was a sinless sacrifice ?

You ignore Jesus' teachings at your own peril !

Sadly, you are so confused and deceived you do not have any clue about the things of God. You spew gibberish and nonsense.

Jerry Shugart

Do you believe David was forgiven before he laid with Bathsheba; before he murdered Uriah?

Let us look at what Paul says about David:

"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin"
(Ro.4:4-8).​

Are you not aware that believers receive the imputed righteousness of God and will not be judged according to their own righteousness? If we are all judged according to our own righteousness then we are all doomed:

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away"
(Isa.46:6).​