2006 TOL Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

Knight said:
BB, Doc, everyone...

I think we need to treat CBS as the official source for stats. Whatever they say a player got, that's what the player gets even if its wrong..
CBS is hardly ever wrong on the issue of scoring by the time the week is over. They updated everthing last night as far a D/ST's go and it is legit..

Knight said:
Here is why....

You will find that stats don't always agree. One source may often disagrees with another. We need to pick one source and stay with it as if its the Bible. It only makes sense that we use CBS's stats.

This situation will effect all of us at one point or another every year. We need to pick a source and stick with it no matter what the source says.

And this is exactly right and has always been the case.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I wasn't suggesting we don't go with the CBS source, in fact, I quoted it.

This is from CBS:
"Dolphins WR Wes Welker had five catches for 59 yards against the Titans. He also had two kickoff returns for 21 yards and two punt returns for 1 yard and fumbled once on a return.
(Updated 09/24/2006).

I was just noticing a mistake [I watched the game]. That mistake is that my player fumbled on a punt return. If we [any of us] are going to get penalized for our players who return punts and kick offs, we should also get their yardage.

In a game this tight, 1 point might make a difference

But I'm fine with it as is.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
I wasn't suggesting we don't go with the CBS source, in fact, I quoted it.

This is from CBS:
"Dolphins WR Wes Welker had five catches for 59 yards against the Titans. He also had two kickoff returns for 21 yards and two punt returns for 1 yard and fumbled once on a return.
(Updated 09/24/2006).

I was just noticing a mistake [I watched the game]. That mistake is that my player fumbled on a punt return. If we [any of us] are going to get penalized for our players who return punts and kick offs, we should also get their yardage.

In a game this tight, 1 point might make a difference

But I'm fine with it as is.
I know what you are saying.

What I am saying is....

Whatever the CBS stats (not CBS Sports News Reports) for our game say is what we should "go by" even if a mistake is made.

Trust me the field is equal for everyone that way. I realize it can be frustrating if you watch the game and see a discrepancy but we open a Texas sized can of worms if we do it any other way.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
I know what you are saying.

What I am saying is....

Whatever the CBS stats (not CBS Sports News Reports) for our game say is what we should "go by" even if a mistake is made.

Trust me the field is equal for everyone that way. I realize it can be frustrating if you watch the game and see a discrepancy but we open a Texas sized can of worms if we do it any other way.

That's fine. Just thought it was worth mentioning, especially with the recent rash of glitches in the system.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
[Looks like you'll get a chance to field a Seahawks RB for a couple weeks....]
Yep. Not a bad add. Though the next couple weeks (Chicago and BYE) aren't that promising.

Mr. 5020

I'm tied with BillyBob for 1st in our division. Oh, wait, if you're tied for 1st, but you have beaten the snot out of the team you have the same record with, is it still a tie? ;)

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
I'm tied with BillyBob for 1st in our division. Oh, wait, if you're tied for 1st, but you have beaten the snot out of the team you have the same record with, is it still a tie? ;)
It is if you get beat by a basement dweller like me. ;)

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Mr. 5020 said:

Your total points for the season are less than mine, so no, we are not tied. I'm winning! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.