ARCHIVE: A confession of faith

Justin (Wiccan)

I've been wrestling with this for a while ... not because I didn't want to make the change, but because while I desire to serve the Creator with all my heart, I wasn't sure if I was qualified to serve in this fashion.

Am I a Christian? I do not know. I'm probably not a terribly orthodox Christian--but then again, I wasn't a terribly orthodox Wiccan. But from where I stand, and from the very best of my understanding, the symbol in my postbit is not the important issue--the important issue is the relationship between God and me.

Maybe it's time to look at that relationship in a different context.

Mr. 5020

Justin (Wiccan) said:
No. I am persuaded that I cannot serve God effectively as a Wiccan.
Wow, Justin. I am amazed at the humility you have shown by such a confession.

You are in my prayers.

SOTK

Wooohooo! :bannana:

You will be in my prayers, and if there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask! :up:

koban

Justin (Wiccan) said:
No. I am persuaded that I cannot serve God effectively as a Wiccan.

Welcome to the faith, brother. If I can help in any way, please let me.

I mean it. No smileys. :D (oops)

stunrut

Pray.
Think.
Pray some more.
Listen to what God is trying to tell you.
Whatever it is, it's important.

keypurr

Justin, you have come into some light. Don't stop now, it is a lifetime journey. Why not change your name to Brother Justin.
God Bless

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Justin (Wiccan) said:
I've been wrestling with this for a while ... not because I didn't want to make the change, but because while I desire to serve the Creator with all my heart, I wasn't sure if I was qualified to serve in this fashion.

Am I a Christian? I do not know. I'm probably not a terribly orthodox Christian--but then again, I wasn't a terribly orthodox Wiccan. But from where I stand, and from the very best of my understanding, the symbol in my postbit is not the important issue--the important issue is the relationship between God and me.

Maybe it's time to look at that relationship in a different context.
I had a feeling about you.

Congrats for you!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I always thought to myself......

Self... if this Justin kid ever comes around he is going to be one POWERFUL witness for Christ. I suspect I will be right.

And I hope TOL helped in some small way in you finding what you were looking for all along.

Sozo

Justin...

If I may be so bold as too suggest something to you regarding your new found faith.

God is big enough to guide you into the truth you seek... go to Him with every question on your heart: Argue... complain... yell... fight... cry... get angry... plead... and be bold about it! Most of all... listen to Him, because these are things that pray is all about. You cannot offend God in your desire to know the truth that only He can make known to you.

There are many here who are praying for you.

Grace & Peace

Justin (Wiccan)

BillyBob said:
I'm waiting for the 'punch line'.......

No punchline, my friend.

Heck, currently I'm trying to desice what to change my username to ... somehow, "Justin (Wiccan)" just doesn't seem to fit anymore. Wonder why. ;)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, Justin.... I'm so thrilled!!!

This is so weird because just recently when I saw that picture of you holding your baby grandaughter, I started thinking about how sometimes you have some fun or witty things to say. And I remember thinking to myself at the time, "I'm sure he's such a neat person and I just hate it when you can't relate with some neat people over the awesomeness of God. (Of course I also hate this about "notsoneat" people as well. :D ) I'm excited that this might now be a possibility!!

Brother Vinny said it best.... You rawk!

koban

Justin (Wiccan) said:
No punchline, my friend.

Heck, currently I'm trying to desice what to change my username to ... somehow, "Justin (Wiccan)" just doesn't seem to fit anymore. Wonder why. ;)

How about "Justin Time" ? :D