“We might be living in a very different world for a year or more.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Nobody should forget how President Trump initially reacted.

We won't. He had the courage to ban Chinese travel while sissy countries like you threw away the lives of their own people in the name of political correctness.

Because of Trump's foresight we are doing great compared to Chinese booty-kissing Italy.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I read that they stripped out President Obama's work as soon as they could.

"They" (Republicans in Congress) worked to reverse eight years of malfeasance by our affirmative action president, yes.

Did you have something particular in mind?

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Indeed ... though I tend to have more concern for the innocent. His actions and those in his party were gleeful about gutting healthcare.

Another lie. Obamacare had nothing to do with healthcare. It was a big money giveaway to insurance companies, and it was a regulatory nightmare that caused massive unemployment. But what it was not was healthcare.

I read that they stripped out President Obama's work as soon as they could.

That's why we voted for him.

eider

We won't. He had the courage to ban Chinese travel while sissy countries like you threw away the lives of their own people in the name of political correctness.

Because of Trump's foresight we are doing great compared to Chinese booty-kissing Italy.

Duh!
The sickness in America is weeks behind the Italian position.
Never mind...... we'll be reminding you of your daftness in about May.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Italian virologist says political correctness doomed his country's coronavirus response
https://www.theblaze.com/news/italy_...na_coronavirus

Italy is now the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic sweeping the globe and one of the country's top virologists says political correctness is partly to blame.

Dr. Giorgio Palù, a professor of virology and microbiology of the University of Padova and the former head of the European and Italian Society for Virology, recently said that concerns over "politics" and being perceived as "racist" delayed Rome's response to the deadly virus that originated in China.

Not only is Liberalism stupid it is also dangerous.

Arthur Brain

Duh!
The sickness in America is weeks behind the Italian position.
Never mind...... we'll be reminding you of your daftness in about May.

Well, that's the UK in pretty much total lockdown after latest measures. No going out except to buy essentials, shops closing that don't sell them, police given power to take action against non compliance, any group gatherings including small will be dispersed and fines meted out. Fun times...

ok doser

Well, that's the UK in pretty much total lockdown after latest measures. No going out except to buy essentials, shops closing that don't sell them, police given power to take action against non compliance, any group gatherings including small will be dispersed and fines meted out. Fun times...

eider

Yes. That's a lockdown alright.
Did you see the maths? The boffins reckon that we can cut the o fraction rate by up to 80% in this way, thus slowing the impact and giving the NHS a chance.

You will be watching a lot of films! :)

eider

... we will reduce the risk of tanking the economy

like I said, it's a gamble either way

Your economy is stuffed either way.
if you don't enforce a lockdown very early on then you hit a massive infection rate with a high death %, and then your economy will be trashed anyway. We are going through that now.
Your politics can't help you now, just humane community.

ok doser

... if you don't enforce a lockdown very early on then you hit a massive infection rate with a high death % ....

ideally, we would finesse any lockdown to achieve an infection rate that is manageable with the resources we have available. That might mean limited lockdowns in particularly hard hit areas - NYC, for example. No reason to think it would be necessary or effective in the area of NYS that I live in, with some of the lowest population densities in the state.

Your politics can't help you now

I'm not discussing politics

Arthur Brain

Yes. That's a lockdown alright.
Did you see the maths? The boffins reckon that we can cut the o fraction rate by up to 80% in this way, thus slowing the impact and giving the NHS a chance.

You will be watching a lot of films! :)

Well, let's hope these measures do just that and slow the spread so it's not overburdened and reduces deaths.

I already do! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.