SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

I don't see where Oatmeal has said anything that is incorrect. In fact what he says is entirely in accord with Scripture. Confess with the mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead.

Well you might not see it, but Oatmeal does. So that is why the post was from Oatmeal to me and then one from me to him.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course it it, it just doesn't say faith alone and don't obey Jesus---like all the faith alone crowd claim.

So then, this Scripture is invalid?
[h=1]Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)[/h]
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
​​​​​​

God's Truth

So then, this Scripture is invalid?
[h=1]Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)[/h]
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
​​​​​​

THE WORKS that the people USED TO be able to boast in are the PURIFICATION works a person did to CLEAN THEMSELVES.

As for the gift being giving by Jesus---IT IS GIVE TO THOSE WHO OBEY JESUS.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
THE WORKS that the people USED TO be able to boast in are the PURIFICATION works a person did to CLEAN THEMSELVES.

As for the gift being giving by Jesus---IT IS GIVE TO THOSE WHO OBEY JESUS.

So the, salvation is not a free gift?

oatmeal

Paul in NO WAY is saying we don't have to do what Jesus says to do and that we are to repent of our sins!

Do you really want to teach that Jesus says to do things, but Paul says no just say Jesus is the Lord?

You have to do more than just say Jesus is the Lord---you have to make Jesus your Lord BY OBEYING HIM.

You should read what the scripture I referred to says!

Romans 20:9 is the starting point.

Ephesians 2:8-10 make it clear that receiving the gift of salvation is the starting point for doing the good works that God foreordained that we should walk in

God's Truth

You should read what the scripture I referred to says!

You further show how lost you are.

A lost person such as yourself should read and be quiet and stop trying to teach others.

You said Jesus wasn't living in you, and you are right about that.

oatmeal

You further show how lost you are.

A lost person such as yourself should read and be quiet and stop trying to teach others.

You said Jesus wasn't living in you, and you are right about that.

The scripture does not speak of Jesus in you but as in Colossians 1:27, Christ in you.

Do you know the difference?

oatmeal

Jesus is the Christ.

Now resign yourself from being a teacher.

So you do not know the difference.

Let me help set a foundation for you.

God is perfect

Therefore, everything he does is perfect (for his purposes, not our purposes, by His design and goals, not our design and goals)

Therefore God's word is perfect

Therefore every word in God's word is perfect.

When God uses the word Jesus, He has a purpose for that.

When God uses Lord Jesus, that means something different than Jesus alone

When God uses Jesus Christ, or Christ Jesus or Christ or Lord Christ, God is using those terms with Divine design and purpose.

Jesus communicates certain things, whereas Christ emphasized different truths or aspects of His son's life and ministry and accomplishments

Since you do not consider me worthy of teaching you the differences, I will let you search out those differences for yourself

God's Truth

So you do not know the difference.

Let me help set a foundation for you.
I am saved you creep.

God is perfect

Therefore, everything he does is perfect (for his purposes, not our purposes, by His design and goals, not our design and goals)

Therefore God's word is perfect

Therefore every word in God's word is perfect.

When God uses the word Jesus, He has a purpose for that.

When God uses Lord Jesus, that means something different than Jesus alone

Only you in your lost soul.

When God uses Jesus Christ, or Christ Jesus or Christ or Lord Christ, God is using those terms with Divine design and purpose.

Jesus communicates certain things, whereas Christ emphasized different truths or aspects of His son's life and ministry and accomplishments

Since you do not consider me worthy of teaching you the differences, I will let you search out those differences for yourself

You are so prideful and ignorant.

Jesus is the Christ.

Jesus says HE HIMSELF will live in the saved.

That is scripture.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When a person has the truth, they would answer, so why didn't you?

The question you asked me was rude, since the scriptures say it is a free gift.

Jesus gives the free gift to those who obey him.

Where in Scripture does it say that Jesus gives the free gift only to those who obey?

oatmeal

I am saved you creep.

Only you in your lost soul.

You are so prideful and ignorant.

Jesus is the Christ.

Jesus says HE HIMSELF will live in the saved.

That is scripture.

Did I say that you are not saved?

NO, I did not

False accusers of the brethren are not appreciated by God.

Revelation 12:10

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

If you cannot imagine that God chooses His words carefully, then when you do realize that, then will you be able to understand what I wrote.

Until then, it would be a waste of my time to speak to you of such matters, since they would be way over your head

Bradley D

Yes, Salvation does belong to the Lord and whosoever believes on the name of the .Lord shall receive salvation from the Lord.God.

Romans 10:9 For if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved.

The context is most instructive as well.

What does "believe" entail?

Thayer's Greek Lexicon:
"specifically, in a moral and religious reference, πιστεύειν is used in the N. T. of "the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of his soul"; thus it stands α. absolutely to trust in Jesus or in God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something..."

believe
πιστεύσῃς (pisteusēs)
Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 2nd Person Singular
Strong's Greek 4100: From pistis; to have faith, i.e. Credit; by implication, to entrust.

Status
Not open for further replies.