Bob Enyart is a great man

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrob57

beanieboy said:
But to add to that, if there are millions of unborn babies that would be saved by criminalizing abortion, we as a society have to prepare to deal with the fallout - more child support, more children being born to young women, etc.

Perhaps we should raise your taxes

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Poly said:
Maybe beanie's right. Let's have a TOL memorial service for the dearly departed bug.

Who wants to deliver the eulogy?

: steps forward in long flowing black bee keeper's suit :

Tooooooooday friendsssss,
We are gathered here together in rememberance of all those bugs we have murdered in our thoughtless selfish lussssssssst-ah of a bug free environment. Let us have a momennnnnt of silence in respect for the passing of our creepy friends-ah.

There is free RAID on the table by the back door, please don't forget to pick up a can or two on your way out.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Maybe I should split this thread titling it "Is it wrong to kill a bug?" :think:

one4christ

From Bob to Bugs?

From Bob to Bugs?

Yes, let's split the thread....
Dread Helm said:
There have been many classic BEL shows.
I've never heard or seen these shows but Bob has told me about them:
In any case, we should get the classic shows all on one video or DVD (if they aren't already). That's one that I wold buy, and it would be a great way to support BEL!

beanieboy

Shimei said:
Homosexuality and adultery and unborn baby murder are now legal. We would first have to re-criminalize these actions and only after a conviction for one of these crimes would anyone be put to death.

I'll kill a bug simply for being in my house, is that twisted? If a mosquito lands on you, what do you do? Plead with it not to bite you? Do you brush it off and encourage to find blood elsewhere?

Last night my wife saw a hawk swoop down and pick off a squirrel. Should we arrest the hawk for murder?

Out of context, you have no idea what this verse is about.

I already stated that there are times when one must kill, such as, to eat food, or in self defense.

So, instead of pondering what I said, you come up with extremes.
"Should I not eat meat? Should I not swat a mosquito?"

All I said was, all life is important.
Does your God value the life of a bird?
If you go into the woods, and kill a dozen birds for entertainment, and little else, does your God approve?

Is doing something as stupid as "I'm going to hold this bug hostage unless you hippies give me $500" respecting life?

The bug itself is not the point. He could have said it about a kitten, a puppy, whatever. It doesn't make it any different. His point was to mock anyone who respected the life of non-human beings, and then kill that non-human being to make a point - a power play, to say, "Ha ha, I did it anyway."

Life itself is amazing, whether it be that of a bug, or a cat, or a human. The life of a cat, for example, is very important to that cat at the very least. It has instincts to protect itself when it's life is threatened. That was given by the Creator.

In The God's Must be Crazy, the aboriginee man kills a deer, and as it lies dying, speaks to it, and thanks it for giving it's life so that his family can live.

As a Buddhist, I believe that the more you disrespect life, the more you disrespect God, and the more callous you become towards others.

I think of it this way:
A father answers his son's request, and buys him some pets. He buys him a frog, One day, that father comes home, and says, "where's your frog?" The boy answers, "We flushed him down the toilet! It's was funny!" The father says, "why??? I gave that to you as a gift!" The boy says, "You said that it was mine now, that I had dominion over it, and so I did what I wanted to with it."

In turn, the kid will probably learn to be less compassionate for others. Have you ever met a kid that was mean to others, until they cried. And when others said, "What you said was really mean," they justified it or even shrugged and said, "So?"

It's because they only care about themselves, and their own life.

As I said, caring for bugs, etc., at one time seemed silly. (There were Buddhists who went out and swept the paths after it rained, so as not to step on a worm.) But as I picked up a caterpillar, I could only think of how that is how I must appear to God, and God values my life. I am human, he is everything. I am limited, he all knowing. So, in picking up a caterpillar and placing him on the grass, the symbolic gesture is simply a respect for the life force itself, and the giver of that force.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
But as I picked up a caterpillar, I could only think of how that is how I must appear to God, and God values my life. I am human, he is everything. I am limited, he all knowing. So, in picking up a caterpillar and placing him on the grass, the symbolic gesture is simply a respect for the life force itself, and the giver of that force.

Oh brother! I need a barf bag. Leave it to a homo to say something so wimpy!

docrob57

beanieboy said:
I
As I said, caring for bugs, etc., at one time seemed silly. (There were Buddhists who went out and swept the paths after it rained, so as not to step on a worm.) But as I picked up a caterpillar, I could only think of how that is how I must appear to God, and God values my life. I am human, he is everything. I am limited, he all knowing. So, in picking up a caterpillar and placing him on the grass, the symbolic gesture is simply a respect for the life force itself, and the giver of that force.

:vomit:

JoyfulRook

beanieboy said:
Is this a quote from Karate Kid IV?

beanieboy

Nineveh said:
I only wish you had as much compassion for yourself bean before 440,887 becomes 440,888.

I do. I am healthy, eat well, don't smoke, drink lightly, HIV negative, in shape, work out on a regular basis, including weight training for strength, and for cardio, swimming, running, and dance, the latter which also stimulates creativity.

And you? Do you have compassion for yourself as well?

JoyfulRook

beanieboy said:
Does your God value the life of a bird?
Yes.
If you go into the woods, and kill a dozen birds for entertainment, and little else, does your God approve?
Yes. I shoot birds all the time. He values us more than birds. He has given us dominion over the animals. We must be wise with that dominion (i.e. don't hunt animals to extinction).
Life itself is amazing, whether it be that of a bug, or a cat, or a human. The life of a cat, for example, is very important to that cat at the very least. It has instincts to protect itself when it's life is threatened. That was given by the Creator.
But no life is as important as human life. They are all inferior.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I guess I don't understand why the people supposedly given dominion for this planet are so callous and hard-hearted when it comes to respecting creation.

docrob57

granite1010 said:
I guess I don't understand why the people supposedly given dominion for this planet are so callous and hard-hearted when it comes to respecting creation.

Examples, Mr. Granite?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:
I do. I am healthy, eat well, don't smoke, drink lightly, HIV negative, in shape, work out on a regular basis, including weight training for strength, and for cardio, swimming, running, and dance, the latter which also stimulates creativity.

I'm sure the those other 440,887 thought the same way until "HIV -" became "HIV +".

And you? Do you have compassion for yourself as well?

Obviously more than you do right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.