Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
On Fire said:
I skimmed through this thread....has anyone who voted YES actually posted an axplanation?

I agree that homosexuality is a sin. We are all sinners. We all deserve death. Jesus died for our sins - including homosexuality.

If you believe homosexuals should be put to death, you should be next in line.

Will the unrepentent homosexual go to heaven? ....that's a whole different poll.
Do you believe that the death penalty should be applied for any crime today?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
:nono: I included theft, too.

The point is that Gerald's pet argument about how if we recriminalized homosexual or adulterous acts, that somehow we would have to spy on our neighbors to enforce it, is ludicrous because all criminals tend to attempt to keep their crimes secret and we don't have the result that he predicts (rampant neighbor-spying).

Of course, this is pointed out pretty much every time he brings it up, but that doesn't deter him.

As a dog returns to his own vomit,
So a fool repeats his folly. Proverbs 26:11​

True, though I don't think theft should be punished by death, either. (Curiously wife beating remains one of those things that's "forbidden in the Bible" though specific prohibitions against it don't exist. Odd.)

Again: your only option would be catching offenders in the act, and not limiting the death penalty to homosexuals. A law like this would collapse under its own weight.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
lovemeorhateme, what is your deal?

First you proudly announced that you are a homosexual:
lovemeorhateme said:
Yes I am gay. And yes I do claim to be a Christian.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=816234&postcount=35

Then you became coy about it, but invited others to start a thread about it:
lovemeorhateme said:
As I said to Rimi the other day, if you want to addrss me on whether or not I am homosexual, or my current stance on the issue, start another thread to question me.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=848257&highlight=thread#post848257

Then when someone actually does, you act surprised and avoid the question:
lovemeorhateme said:
I did not expect anyone to actually start this thread. Why do you want to know?

lovemeorhateme said:
I see the thread asking me of my sexuality was closed. Thanks to whoever did that! It would have only caused flaming.

:thumb:
Instead of trying to go back into the closet, you should humble yourself before God and repent of this sin. And then you should thank those here who care enough about you to point out the truth to you.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
It's a "feel-good" law: a law that makes those who enact it feel like they've accomplished something, but which in fact accomplishes nothing (except making them feel good).

With theft, assault, and murder there is a non-consenting injured party. Behavior between consenting adults causes no harm to non-consenting others.

allsmiles

Instead of trying to go back into the closet, you should humble yourself before God and repent of this sin. And then you should thank those here who care enough about you to point out the truth to you.

they care about you, they just hate everything about your lifestyle and your point of view, and won't like you until you conform to their standards of morality.

yes lovemeorhateme, magically undergo a massive shift in lifestyle and world view and then you'll be able to talk to them.

my advice, keep doing what you're doing and you'll get your reward.

that's neither positive or negative, you can take it for what it's worth.

lovemeorhateme

Turbo said:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=848257&highlight=thread#post848257

Read everything I have ever put. Try my thread: 'From: I really can't stand this'.

lovemeorhateme

allsmiles said:
they care about you, they just hate everything about your lifestyle and your point of view, and won't like you until you conform to their standards of morality.

yes lovemeorhateme, magically undergo a massive shift in lifestyle and world view and then you'll be able to talk to them.

my advice, keep doing what you're doing and you'll get your reward.

that's neither positive or negative, you can take it for what it's worth.

And I agree with you.

lovemeorhateme

Turbo said:

And you could always re-open the thread. I will post on it.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
True, though I don't think theft should be punished by death, either. (Curiously wife beating remains one of those things that's "forbidden in the Bible" though specific prohibitions against it don't exist. Odd.)
Why is the general prohibition on assault insufficient? Why does wifebeating require a specific law?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Imrahil said:
Why is the general prohibition on assault insufficient? Why does wifebeating require a specific law?

As women were regarded as property and chattel and as the Mosaic law ordered their mutilation (Deut. 25:11-12) for daring to defend their husband, I wonder if it even occurred to the Hebrews to prevent spousal abuse. This issue probably belongs on another thread; just the same beating one's wife is never described as a crime, although chopping her hand off isn't something that's supposed to keep you up nights.

Huh. :readthis:

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
As women were regarded as property and chattel and as the Mosaic law ordered their mutilation (Deut. 25:11-12) for daring to defend their husband, I wonder if it even occurred to the Hebrews to prevent spousal abuse. This issue probably belongs on another thread; just the same beating one's wife is never described as a crime, although chopping her hand off isn't something that's supposed to keep you up nights.

Huh. :readthis:
Property? How often is property given inheritance rights?

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
Pretty frequently in this country. Consult the last wills of certain slave owners.:rolleyes:
Where might I get a copy of a slaveholder's will? And I'm not talking about them inheriting a trinket or something minor. Most people who view someone as property don't say that person has the right to their entire estate.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Imrahil said:
Where might I get a copy of a slaveholder's will? And I'm not talking about them inheriting a trinket or something minor. Most people who view someone as property don't say that person has the right to their entire estate.

And people who respect women don't cut their hands off. Guess that makes it a wash.

fool

Hall of Fame
Imrahil said:
The thing with slavery is you can be property one minute, and the next minute be free,in Roman times a slave might run a business for his master and become wealthy if he was profitable and his master was generous. When his master died he might get his freedom and a big bonus, could wind up living next door to his owners widow.

fool

Hall of Fame
fool said:
The thing with slavery is you can be property one minute, and the next minute be free,in Roman times a slave might run a business for his master and become wealthy if he was profitable and his master was generous. When his master died he might get his freedom and a big bonus, could wind up living next door to his owners widow.
Of course in the south, before the war, if you were black you were screwed, rich or poor, free or slave.

Rimi

lovemeorhateme said:
Thanks for calling me creepy. I feel so complimented :) I'm just glad you are the only one who does think such things :)

I have had suicidal tendencies. I don't think very highly of myself. However, if you had a clue about rail safety, and rail safety technology you would instantly know that it is now impossible for a driver in the UK to go through a red light. It is impossible for him to drive at more than 5 mph above the speed limit, and it is impossible to hit the end of the line at any high speed. So, I think that passengers would be perfectly safe.

As for you, you are just burning with hate and anger. Still not come out of the closet yet? I'm sorry to hear that sir.

Do another poll to see if anyone else thinks you're creepy, perv.

So, you're a train driver who doesn't actually drive the train? This must drive you nuts, homo. You're either useless drag on economy (why pay someone not to drive the thing?) or if you get depressed you can't take it out on anyone else. tsk tsk.

I'm coming out of the closet in September . . . . Straight Pride Month here at TOL.