Brainwashing

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Learning is important, so hopefully you never feel that you have been brainwashed.

I am a Jew. I have never been a Catholic. Responding to Catholics and Idolaters negatively affects me. I am not brainwashed as a Jew. Also, there have been many cults in the United States of America.

MennoSota

Learning is important, so hopefully you never feel that you have been brainwashed.

I am a Jew. I have never been a Catholic. Responding to Catholics and Idolaters negatively affects me. I am not brainwashed as a Jew. Also, there have been many cults in the United States of America.

Why post here if you are negatively affected?
I'm fascinated by the Dead Sea scrolls. I had the opportunity to listen to an expert on the fragments that have been found. He shared that most of the fragments reveal information about the people who left the scrolls. They reveal many cults being active in Palestine during the Maccabean period of Israel.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Actually, that is a very good feeling because it forces you to think harder.
I am a Jew.
Nobody cares. Not even Jewish people care. Non-Jewish people don't care. You might as well be saying that you're really into 'Star Trek,' 'Star Wars,' 'Harry Potter,' 'Buffy,' 'Firefly,' and 'Monty Python.' It means something to others who are into it too, but to everybody else; Boring. Don't care.
I have never been a Catholic.
Everybody who believes Jesus Christ is risen from the dead is at minimum, imperfectly united to the Catholic Church; this according to the Catholic Church.
Responding to Catholics and Idolaters negatively affects me.
Who are the Catholics you're responding to?
I am not brainwashed as a Jew. Also, there have been many cults in the United States of America.
:plain: You are a trip.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why post here if you are negatively affected?
I'm fascinated by the Dead Sea scrolls. I had the opportunity to listen to an expert on the fragments that have been found. He shared that most of the fragments reveal information about the people who left the scrolls. They reveal many cults being active in Palestine during the Maccabean period of Israel.

The names of other gods cannot be uttered in God's presence. I have read from the Torah, Commentary, and the Haftorah. But not the Commentary with the Congregation. Just on my own or in my room. In public, maybe. So, do you read this part? Or, can you say this? I understand that the Levites, and Cohen, read from the Torah. In the Temple or since there is no Temple?

The names of false gods take away or detract from our worship of the one true God. Do you know what is a sacrifice of praise? What offering would a Gentile bring? As a Jew we can pray, and learn about sacrifice. Without a Temple, though we must accept or believe in sacrifice, we do not do so or we do not do such. We do not actually sacrifice, as sacrifice is only to be done at the Temple. We must obey observe the Torah command, commands, commandment, commandments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Actually, that is a very good feeling because it forces you to think harder.
Nobody cares. Not even Jewish people care. Non-Jewish people don't care. You might as well be saying that you're really into 'Star Trek,' 'Star Wars,' 'Harry Potter,' 'Buffy,' 'Firefly,' and 'Monty Python.' It means something to others who are into it too, but to everybody else; Boring. Don't care.
Everybody who believes Jesus Christ is risen from the dead is at minimum, imperfectly united to the Catholic Church; this according to the Catholic Church.
Who are the Catholics you're responding to?
:plain: You are a trip.
Do you know what a Mind Cult is? It is not good. I am not into the things of which you speak. Why do you speak of the Catholic Church if you are not yourself a Catholic? I understand that Catholics are Idolaters.

As for whether or not I care about anything or rather anyone, this even before I became a Jew I think. So now maybe do I have to go back to that?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have already been brainwashed. Brainwashed to abandon sound doctrine of rightly-dividing the Word of God.

With two lists of apostles I am no longer able to do so by supporting the Bible unequivocally. However, as a Jew and a former Christian I believe that sound doctrine or right teaching is important. So is having a sound mind.

Idolater

Do you know what a Mind Cult is?
Nope.
It is not good.
It doesn't sound good.
I am not into the things of which you speak.
OK.
Why do you speak of the Catholic Church if you are not yourself a Catholic?
Because I am among those who believe in Christ, and the Catholic Church is His Church, that He founded.
I understand that Catholics are Idolaters.
You misunderstand then. Catholics are Christians.
As for whether or not I care about anything or rather anyone, this even before I became a Jew I think.
You can't become a Jew, Jacob. You're not now, and never will be related to Jesus' relatives' descendants. You have to be born Jewish, to be Jewish. You are and you always will be a Gentile convert.
So now maybe do I have to go back to that?
. . . yes?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Nope.
It doesn't sound good.
OK.
Because I am among those who believe in Christ, and the Catholic Church is His Church, that He founded.
You misunderstand then. Catholics are Christians.
You can't become a Jew, Jacob. You're not now, and never will be related to Jesus' relatives' descendants. You have to be born Jewish, to be Jewish. You are and you always will be a Gentile convert.
. . . yes?

Then if I care.

I care as a Jew as well. Yes, it is possible to become a Jew. There is such a thing as a convert. A Ger. And, a proselyte.

Then a cult is a group.

I grew up Christian, but not Catholic. I do not believe what Catholics believe. I also do not accept all of the Bible, there being two lists of apostles.

Idolater

Then if I care.

I care as a Jew as well. Yes, it is possible to become a Jew. There is such a thing as a convert. A Ger. And, a proselyte.

Then a cult is a group.

I grew up Christian, but not Catholic. I do not believe what Catholics believe. I also do not accept all of the Bible, there being two lists of apostles.
Where are the two lists?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Where are the two lists?

Matthew and Luke.

As for I care if I could say or do so, think so or show that I could or do, would it be something a Gentile or a Christian could do or would it prevent someone from becoming a Jewish Convert or becoming born again?

Idolater

Matthew and Luke.
Neither of those would mention Paul. He was the twelfth Apostle.
As for I care if I could say or do so, think so or show that I could or do, would it be something a Gentile or a Christian could do or would it prevent someone from becoming a Jewish Convert or becoming born again?
If you care, do, think, or show what? I'm not following.

Idolater

Is a Jewish Convert responsible for anything of before they became a Convert?
I would imagine that you're responsible for everything that you do, barring circumstances that rendered your otherwise free will choices something short of free/voluntarily. But what specifically did you have in mind, with your question?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I would imagine that you're responsible for everything that you do, barring circumstances that rendered your otherwise free will choices something short of free/voluntarily. But what specifically did you have in mind, with your question?

Even a born again Christian may be accountable to God or a human court for any wrongdoing they have done. Before Christ does not cut it. In my situation I care but not care bears. It should not be an obstacle to becoming a convert. But now I care about you but you do not care about my being a Jew. If every person can become a Jew can we ask if the person cares? That ought to count for something, right? Yes I have sinned, and fought a battle according to what came my way. To admit sin, for all have sinned, may result in forgiveness, condemnation, ostratization, isolation, or worse. But what is judgment, justice, freedom from sin, and true liberty? The possibility of sin may not involve a Hebrew Slave. In my case I can be accused of incest, and of not taking action or fighting a war against Osama Bin Laden, without Catholic aid or help too.

Tnkrbl123!

Then if I care.

Then a cult is a group.

Jacob I have shown you before that those 2 lists are EXACTLY the same. When you ask a question and someone answers do you even read the answer or are you just posting to only hear your OWN opinion.
Because if you actually read what others write to you you would know - because I already told you...showed you...wrote out for you to easily understand..that yes there are 2 lists of apostles -one list from each author in each gospel- and those lists are EXACTLY THE SAME.
There is NO conflict in the account of apostles. There are no differences. Both lists name the exact same apostles..in almost the exact same order. Go read it.
When you read the Bible do you actually read to understand? Are you paying attention to what you read? Because if you read and pay attention it would he VERY CLEAR that the 2 lists of apostles are EXACTLY the SAME.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob I have shown you before that those 2 lists are EXACTLY the same. When you ask a question and someone answers do you even read the answer or are you just posting to only hear your OWN opinion.
Because if you actually read what others write to you you would know - because I already told you...showed you...wrote out for you to easily understand..that yes there are 2 lists of apostles -one list from each author in each gospel- and those lists are EXACTLY THE SAME.
There is NO conflict in the account of apostles. There are no differences. Both lists name the exact same apostles..in almost the exact same order. Go read it.
When you read the Bible do you actually read to understand? Are you paying attention to what you read? Because if you read and pay attention it would he VERY CLEAR that the 2 lists of apostles are EXACTLY the SAME.
A translation online or any Bible?

MennoSota

The names of other gods cannot be uttered in God's presence. I have read from the Torah, Commentary, and the Haftorah. But not the Commentary with the Congregation. Just on my own or in my room. In public, maybe. So, do you read this part? Or, can you say this? I understand that the Levites, and Cohen, read from the Torah. In the Temple or since there is no Temple?

The names of false gods take away or detract from our worship of the one true God. Do you know what is a sacrifice of praise? What offering would a Gentile bring? As a Jew we can pray, and learn about sacrifice. Without a Temple, though we must accept or believe in sacrifice, we do not do so or we do not do such. We do not actually sacrifice, as sacrifice is only to be done at the Temple. We must obey observe the Torah command, commands, commandment, commandments.
I know that YHWH talked to Moses and said to tell the Israelites that "I am" has sent you.
I know that Jesus spoke to the Israelites and said, "Before Abraham was, I am."
Jesus tells us he is YHWH.
Jesus then proves he is YHWH by rising from the dead.