AM I THE ONLY ONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Don't get me wrong, I really ENJOY good movies, however, the movies they've been making for a while, aren't very good, for the most part. They're certainly not worth dishing out 'BIG bucks' at the movie theaters. On occasion, I'll watch a "Pay-per-view" film. However, that's a rarity.

See Dunkirk. It's amazing action and story-telling. You'll love it. If you like musicals, The Greatest Showman.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So it looks as if the far-left Oscars' pretty much behaved themselves, from what I hear. The Actress (Frances McDormand) who won "Best Actress" told the 'Hollywood crowd' to ask for a "Inclusion rider" in their contracts. That means, there have to be so many Homosexuals, etc in the cast and crew of their movies. Which is an obvious 'far-left' demand. What in the world does a person's sexual choices have to do with "Entertainment and Art?" We wouldn't have seen such an idea being 'pushed' ten or so years ago?

Shouldn't the "better qualified" person get the Job? Why should it be based on their "Sexual preferences? Next, people applying for "Normal" Jobs will be asking for the same "Inclusion rider." Society is slowly but surely being "Engineered" to match the 'far-left agenda,' and goals.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
2 Timothy 3:1-5 states;

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yikes, this is "truly" becoming a "Brave New World." And, this is only the beginning of a "downward path" involving the destruction of our society, as a whole. I really don't believe there's much we can do about it. The Bible warns us about the "End Times" and I believe we're either at the beginning of that time or, further in?

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
California is in real good hands, (Joke) Jerry Brown (Governor of California) is governing over a state that is now considered a really bad state to live in, in fact, the bottom of the heap. The state has become a "Haven for the Homeless," and they, apparently are "Financially strapped." There are "Tent Cities" that go on for miles in certain areas. I used to live there for many years and it looks like I got out of there in the "Nick of Time."

The Mayor of Oakland seems to be at odds with the Federal Government. She's even warning "Illegals" when there's gonna be an "Ice raid." "The Iceman cometh" seems to be her motto. California has initiated a "Us against them" policy. The "Feds" are getting to the point where they don't trust the regular Police Department in California. That's a bad sign. Is it possible that, sometime in the near future, the Feds may CLASH with the Police in California? It might be headed for that?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When I was growing up in the 50s through the 60s, you'd get two individual movies and a cartoon. At some point, I suppose our society became less patient with sitting through two movies and a cartoon and decided, one movie was sufficient. Drive-In movies were BIG in the 50s through the 80s, then, for some reason, they started 'tearing down' the Drive-ins? I've heard it said, the reason for the "Tearing down" of Drive-ins was related to people not being as "Social" as they once were. The Baby Boomers remember the days when their Family would pack them in the Car and head for the neighborhood Drive-in. Once they got there, the kids (In their PJs) would go directly to the "Play area" and stay there until the Screen lit up. There was always a "Snack bar" handy, at those old Drive-ins. It was always a wonderful experience for the entire Family. Everybody would sit there in their own Cars and place a small "speaker" inside their Car window and dial up the volume. After the films were over, they'd place the speaker back on the post in the ground and head home. Of course, those were the days when going to a Drive-in was a "Family Event." Like Thomas Wolfe said; "You can't go home again."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I was just reading about last nights Oscar presentation and evidently, it might be one of the least-watched Oscar shows in its entire history. Could it be, potential viewers didn't tune in because they were expecting nothing but, "Trump bashing?" Let's face it, Hollywood is, for the most part, a far-left group of people. So, most people probably didn't want any more of the same o’ same o’.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
First of all the "Oscars" are way too lengthy and boring for today's audience. You really can't expect people today, to sit through over 3 hours of anything. They don't even have a great desire to go and see a movie that lasts 3 hours or more.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MC, I agree with a few things you had to say here. For one, I also believe it was by the Will of God that Donald J. Trump is the 'duly elected President of the United States.' I have a good friend of mine who disagrees with me about God getting involved in Politics. I've known this friend of mine for 35 or so years and he taught the 'Adult Sunday School' at the same Church we attended, for eons. He's a 'True Christian friend' who I really respect, however, we disagree about certain issues, at times. Secondly, like you mentioned, I believe we're living in the "Last days." Or, at least, the beginning part of the "Last days."

These days we're living in seem very different than all of the previous years. Negative happenings used to occur like the rising and lowering of the Tides in the Ocean. Those 'bad times' would come and go, however, today, things appear to worsen as time goes by? It's almost as if, those difficult times have become a sort of "Historical Tsunami"where the metaphoric Ocean seems to just keep forging ahead instead of rushing in and out. If we focus on what's happening in our Nation, all we see is a "Divided country" that cannot reach, Detente.

Dear Grosnick,

I have come to the decision that you are very smart and you tackle issues that are risky. Your friend is wrong to think that God doesn't get involved in politics. He doesn't immerse Himself, possibly, but hey, He definitely decides who is going to lead the greatest, strongest, country in the world. America! Don't ever think twice about that. I don't know how your friend cannot see that. Would God have hired Hitler to lead us? Germany did that and many Jews were extinguished. But Israel could hardly have held all of the children of those who were sacrificed within it's small borders now. And now, with the extinguishing of many Arab countries on the way, it all comes out in the wash.

God lets people die. Everyone has to at one point or another. He is In Charge of that. There is a time for each man's life and also, his death. I have this feeling that God knows it before you are even in your mother's womb. He is One Wise cookie, trust me. He is astounding, and imagination-laden. God is Omnipotent and His Word is Good. He will have Donald bring Israel to the place that God has determined for her, including having all of the land that GOD GAVE HER, returned. He describes the Borders each Tribe of Israel inherits, and it shall be done. The West Bank will come back to Israel, and I also believe part of Lebanon. I am not quite sure about the Gaza Strip.

I think the Palestinians can go and live in an abundance of Arab countries and get the heck out of Israel. They can be absorbed by Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc. That land is taken from them and given back to Israel. Well, I would love to chat longer, but I have to get going for now. Israel's leader is also chosen by God. Determined.

May God Always Bless Your Heart & Your Soul, Nick,

Michael

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Dear Grosnick,

I have come to the decision that you are very smart and you tackle issues that are risky. Your friend is wrong to think that God doesn't get involved in politics. He doesn't immerse Himself, possibly, but hey, He definitely decides who is going to lead the greatest, strongest, country in the world. America! Don't ever think twice about that. I don't know how your friend cannot see that. Would God have hired Hitler to lead us? Germany did that and many Jews were extinguished. But Israel could hardly have held all of the children of those who were sacrificed within it's small borders now. And now, with the extinguishing of many Arab countries on the way, it all comes out in the wash.

God lets people die. Everyone has to at one point or another. He is In Charge of that. There is a time for each man's life and also, his death. I have this feeling that God knows it before you are even in your mother's womb. He is One Wise cookie, trust me. He is astounding, and imagination-laden. God is Omnipotent and His Word is Good. He will have Donald bring Israel to the place that God has determined for her, including having all of the land that GOD GAVE HER, returned. He describes the Borders each Tribe of Israel inherits, and it shall be done. The West Bank will come back to Israel, and I also believe part of Lebanon. I am not quite sure about the Gaza Strip.

I think the Palestinians can go and live in an abundance of Arab countries and get the heck out of Israel. They can be absorbed by Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc. That land is taken from them and given back to Israel. Well, I would love to chat longer, but I have to get going for now. Israel's leader is also chosen by God. Determined.

May God Always Bless Your Heart & Your Soul, Nick,

Michael

Mickael,

God is in control of everything, including the politics. But He does not want Jesus' followers to get involved with politics. Jesus says His followers are not of the world. And the politicsare of the world.

This world will end sooner or later when God decides it is time.

blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.