Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

glorydaz

That IS about OBEYING Jesus.

No, it is about being created a new creature IN CHRIST JESUS.

People such as yourself are deceiving others and ruining lives.

Says the little worker bee who has no assurance of salvation. :nono:

People such as yourself are preaching in prisons that they are convinced they are saved just because they say they believe. Drug addicts and thieves and all kind of people saying they were baptized. People with no power, no Holy Spirit.

You just live in your own little world, don't you? Home bound, are you? Is TV your only friend?

I preach obedience to Christ and you preach against it.

I preach Christ and Him crucified. You preach YOU.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Back to real issues here......

Back to real issues here......

You are badly mistaken. You have a god from your imagination.

The points I share hold and cover significant points on the subjects covered, which can be individually considered and explored. Our recent consideration of Islam is particularly interesting as it brings up the Abrahamic faith traditions, which make us question certain aspects of both Judaism and Christianity.

Since I've been expounding from an Islamic perspective, I contextualize properly within a framework of true monotheism, and have already noted that a 'muslim' is one who submits to the One God, so that any true monotheistic could be called thereby.

Since Islam accepts Jesus as the Messiah, virgin born, worker of miracles, raised by God and that Jesus will return to continue God's work, Islam happens to be the closest religion to Christianity out of the world religions, to the surprise of those antagonistic towards and ignorant of what Islam actually teaches.

One thing none can deny is the foundational truth upheld by Islam, decreed in the Shema of the Torah, and further proclaimed by Jesus, that Islam is all about full allegiance to the One God, the Creator of all. Life, blessing, fullness, joy and peace come from surrender and obedience to God's will, so your theology may actually be closer to Islam than you realize.

God's Truth

Yep, those that believe they are saved by their works inevitably believe that they must keep it by their works, and, deep down... they know they are failing.

Jesus doesn't even save anyone unless they repent of their sins and then they need to keep obeying.

God's Truth

No, it is about being created a new creature IN CHRIST JESUS.

Says the little worker bee who has no assurance of salvation. :nono:

You just live in your own little world, don't you? Home bound, are you? Is TV your only friend?

I preach Christ and Him crucified. You preach YOU.

You are the one who lives in your own little make believe world.

I am not home bound and I rarely watch TV. Look at you trying to insult, as if home bound people with only their TV are people to be ridiculed.

glorydaz

People should feel guilty if they are not obeying.

Yep, that's the purpose of the law.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.​

Guilt is used by the law only to bring us to faith in Jesus Christ. After faith is come, guilt is no longer to be embraced. Paul says to be aware... "Lest satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices". Clearly, you are ignorant of his devices. Guilt is one of satan's greatest tools....the accuser of the brethren, remember? And you encourage it? Oh dear.

What does the enemy say? "You sinned". "You're failed again." "You'll never live up to His demands." "(Christ did NOT pay your sins -only those you are sorry for, only those you confess, only those you swear to never do again)."

Go ahead, God's UNtruth, preach that believers cannot trust in God to save them to the uttermost. Tell them how it's a good thing to feel GUILT instead of that Peace that passes all understanding.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
More truth 4 U..........

More truth 4 U..........

Yep, those that believe they are saved by their works inevitably believe that they must keep it by their works, and, deep down... they know they are failing.

All comes to us either unearned or earned by divine grace, but this in no wise annuls the truth that faith without works is dead.

All seeds must produce after their own kind, and one is the tender of one's own garden. You reap whatever you sow as every seed produces after its own kind. If a soul loves God, the proof of that love will manifest in the doing of God's will.

Free grace is no license to sin, apathy, weakness, discouragement or defeat, since love fulfills all so that God's law can assuredly be obeyed.

God's Truth

Yep, that's the purpose of the law.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.​

Guilt is used by the law only to bring us to faith in Jesus Christ. After faith is come, guilt is no longer to be embraced. Paul says to be aware... "Lest satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices". Clearly, you are ignorant of his devices. Guilt is one of satan's greatest tools....the accuser of the brethren, remember? And you encourage it? Oh dear.

What does the enemy say? "You sinned". "You're failed again." "You'll never live up to His demands." "(Christ did NOT pay your sins -only those you are sorry for, only those you confess, only those you swear to never do again)."

Go ahead, God's UNtruth, preach that believers cannot trust in God to save them to the uttermost. Tell them how it's a good thing to feel GUILT instead of that Peace that passes all understanding.

Your beliefs deceive many. You help dangerous disgusting people stay that way, people who have not tried to obey God one bit.