Jerusalem capital of israel

WatchmanOnTheWall

Wondered when someone would start this thread. Yep another small step in end times prophesy being fulfilled:

1. Jewish Americans must return to Israel on mass.

2. Israel must become the most powerful nation on Earth.

3. The temple must be rebuilt.

4. The False Prophet High Priest must take over Israel.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Trump recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital in historic move

In a momentous shift of United States foreign policy in the Middle East, President Donald Trump officially recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel Wednesday and initiated the process of relocating the U.S. embassy to the city from Tel Aviv.

"My announcement today marks the beginning of a new approach to conflict between Israel and the Palestinians," Trump said from the White House, where he was joined by Vice President Mike Pence. He described it as a "long overdue step to advance the peace process."

"While previous presidents have made this a major campaign promise, they failed to deliver," he added. "Today, I am delivering."

Trump's remarks were broad in nature -- an intentional choice by the president, according to both a U.S. official and a source close to the White House who spoke to ABC News prior to the announcement.

Trump said Wednesday that "the U.S. would support a two-state solution if agreed to by both sides."

What's at stake if the US recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital, moves embassy

Trump forges ahead on Jerusalem-as-capital despite warnings

"Jerusalem is not just the heart of three great religions, but it is now also the heart of one of the most successful democracies in the world," the president said. "Over the past seven decades, the Israeli people have built a country where Jews, Muslims, Christians, and people of all faiths are free to live and worship according to their conscience and beliefs."

Until the new embassy in Jerusalem opens, current law requires the president to sign a waiver that keeps the embassy in Tel Aviv operable. The process of relocating the embassy is expected to take years.

Trump said the process of hiring "architects, engineers and planners" will begin "immediately." The new embassy "will be a magnificent tribute to peace," he added.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said in a statement following the president's speech that "the State Department will immediately begin the process to implement" the decision to move the embassy. He added that "the safety of Americans is the State Department's highest priority" and that the department has "implemented robust security plans."

The approach described by the officials appears aimed at allowing the president to fulfill a key campaign promise while also attempting to soften fallout of his decision to move the embassy by delaying it for an undefined period of time.

"While we understand how some parties might react, we are still working on our plan which is not yet ready,” a senior administration official said. “We have time to get it right and see how people feel after this news is processed over the next period of time.”

A senior official downplayed concerns about threats of violence to U.S. citizens overseas as a result of the announcement, saying that the proper precautions have been taken.

“We’re obviously concerned about the protection of U.S. citizens, U.S. officials anywhere in the world,” an official said, adding that U.S. security agencies have been involved in the decision and are prepared to provide extra security that may be necessary.

Trump addressed the possibility of unrest from the White House, calling for "calm" and "moderation" and "for the voices of tolerance to prevail over the purveyors of hate."

"Let us rededicate ourselves to a path of mutual understanding and respect," he said.

A number of world leaders, including Pope Francis, spoke out against the decision Wednesday. The pope's comments came during a previously scheduled meeting with a Palestinian delegation of religious and intellectual leaders prior to Trump's address.

“My thoughts now go to Jerusalem,” the pope said. “In this regard, I cannot keep silent about my deep concern over the situation that has arisen in recent days and, at the same time, a heartfelt appeal so that everyone would be committed to respecting the status quo of the city, in accordance with the relevant resolutions of the United Nations.”

French President Emmanuel Macron called the action an "unfortunate decision" and said "France does not approve it."

"It goes against international law and the resolutions of the UN Security Council," Macron said. "The status of Jerusalem is a security issue for the entire international community. The status of Jerusalem must be determined by Israelis and Palestinians in the framework of negotiations under the auspices of the United Nations."

A U.S. official said the president is optimistic about the prospects for a grand peace deal and the president’s “peace team,” led by the president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, has already made progress.

“He’s encouraged by the progress his peace team has made so far, I know a lot of that progress isn’t visible, I think that’s one of the things — I know he believes and I know the peace team believes — it’s partly because that progress is not visible that they’ve been able to make so much progress,” the official said.

Whoo hoo, Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.

Gary K

Banned
This was the right move for Trump to make. If the Russian's decided for some motive of their own to move their capital to Yakutsk would we tell them would we object and keep our embassy in Moscow? Or, if France decided to move their capital from Paris to Marseille would we tell them we were going to keep our embassy in Paris because we didn't like them moving their capital? How about if the British moved their seat of government from London to Leeds would we not acknowledge their new captital?

As a sovereign nation Israel has the right to move its capital to whereever they choose within their own nation. Nobody else has a say in it.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Trump-East-Jerusalem-Mondoweiss.jpg

This suggests, to the cynic in me, that "The Donald's" political strategy is to deliberately provoke an incident with the Moslem world, such as 9/11, that would force the American public to rally around him in the spirit of patriotism and solidarity!

When confronted with an international crisis, such as Northern Korea and/or the Moslem world, Mueller's investigation would conveniently loose its significance, with the nation forgetting its differences and looking to its president for leadership - over a contrived conflict that could have and should have been avoided!

Last edited:

keypurr

Trump has again displayed just how stupid he is. He needs to be out of office.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Yayy Trump! God bless and be with you for blessing Israel.

Donald%20Trump%20God%20Forgiveness.jpg

I try to live a life where I don't have to ask for God's forgiveness .....
Why do I have to repent? Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if you're not making mistakes?

- Donald Trump

1 John 1:10

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Donald%20Trump%20God%20Forgiveness.jpg

I try to live a life where I don't have to ask for God's forgiveness .....
Why do I have to repent? Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if you're not making mistakes?

- Donald Trump

1 John 1:10

Im sorry, i don't understand what your point is. God uses all kinds for His purpose. Even malcontents like you.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
3c4bef47d88c3574745519361e8eaf1e.jpg

Im sorry, i don't understand what your point is. God uses all kinds for His purpose. Even malcontents like you.

1 John 1:10 - If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

- make him a liar

- his word is not in us

Whatever Trump's motives, he didn't do it for God, Israel or to promote peace in the world!

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
1 John 1:10 - If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

- make him a liar

- his word is not in us

Whatever Trump's motives, he didn't do it for God, Israel or to promote peace in the world!
:troll: This is about Jerusalem

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
2fc99253d40f51313b7627626d2b39ae.jpg

Once again conservative Christians have fallen under the misapprehension that the "ends justify the means" - when the history of the Trump Administration is written, posterity will wonder as to why they were so quick to compromise their religious beliefs for a President whose words and actions were so far removed from Christianity!

WatchmanOnTheWall

Wondered when someone would start this thread. Yep another small step in end times prophesy being fulfilled:

1. Jewish Americans must return to Israel on mass.

2. Israel must become the most powerful nation on Earth.

3. The temple must be rebuilt.

4. The False Prophet High Priest must take over Israel.

I don't know Watchman, it's like reading character's lines in play I've read already. Why doesn't anyone else here see this is all so inevitable, especially when they say they've read the same play as well?