The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

Don't you care that you are a hypocrite for constantly going off topic?

Has your opinion of my person to do with the Trinity which is the topic of this thread and BR has asked us graciously to go back to topic?

Scripture teaches that there is only one God (Deut 6:4; Isa 45:5; Rom 3:30; 1 Cor 8:4; 1 Tim 2:5; Jam 2:19).

Scripture teaches that three Persons have eternally existed in the Godhead, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19; John 14:16–26; 15:26; 16:5–15; 1 Cor 12:3–6; 2 Cor 13:14; Gal 4:4–6; Eph 1:3–14; 2:18; 4:4–6; Titus 3:4–6; 1 Pet 1:2; Jude 20–21; Rev 1:4).

lifeisgood

Then name it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I have difficulty when you express yourself as One GOD, one Christ, one Spirit, one body.

Maybe if you defined your words, the coffee might kick in and make sense of what you're saying. It is all gibberish to me.

The way you write makes all my antennae pay attention.

And has what you said anything to do with the Trinity which is the topic of this thread and BR has graciously asked us to go back to topic.

popsthebuilder

I have difficulty when you express yourself as One GOD, one Christ, one Spirit, one body.

Maybe if you defined your words, the coffee might kick in and make sense of what you're saying. It is all gibberish to me.

The way you write makes all my antennae pay attention.

And has what you said anything to do with the Trinity which is the topic of this thread and BR has graciously asked us to go back to topic.
I wasn't speaking of self.

It indeed is my own attempt to get the thread back on topic per request and my own want.

Which words do you require definitions for?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
said nothing terse enough, use the blue letter bible for once
I made a major mistake with my translation of John 1:1b for starters, but not 1:1a. "In the beginning it was, a word, b and a word it was with a god, and the god it was, a word a thing...". Your main objection is the use of article which makes a person or thing indefinite when applied. Personal names rarely have the article, and this logically implies anything without it a definite name or noun. A judgeRightly does not understand this, for example.

If one were to look for evidence that the greek article is definite, one would find it lacking. You can't say en arche "in the beginning", because if the article were definite, the absence of it would make the noun, or situation indefinite in this case.

Last edited:

God's Truth

I made a major mistake with my translation of John 1:1b for starters, but not 1:1a. "In the beginning it was, a word, b and a word it was with a god, and the god it was, a word a thing...". Your main objection is the use of article which makes a person or thing indefinite when applied. Personal names rarely have the article, and this logically implies anything without it a definite name or noun. A judgeRightly does not understand this, for example.

If one were to look for evidence that the greek article is definite, one would find it lacking. You can't say en arche "in the beginning", because if the article were definite, the absence of it would make the noun, or situation indefinite in this case.

God does not save or give wisdom about Himself if you learn Greek.

God brings His truth to us in our language.

God's Truth

I am not the arrogant one here.

No one needs to learn Greek. I spoke the truth and you showed what you were. You are in danger of hell fire.
One would think that others would be glad to realize that they do no have to learn another language to know God.
There are people here who spend their days looking at the English word, transferring it back to Greek, and then English again. Those who do that are usually in the biggest error.

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
No one needs to learn Greek. I spoke the truth and you showed what you were. You are in danger of hell fire.
One would think that others would be glad to realize that they do no have to learn another language to know God.
There are people here who spend their days looking at the English word, transferring it back to Greek, and then English again. Those who do that are usually in the biggest error.
Stop it. Your arrogance is too stimulating.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I made a major mistake with my translation of John 1:1b for starters, but not 1:1a. "In the beginning it was, a word,

Again with the "a word."

The greek is literally:

ʼΕν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Δόγος ,
En arche en ho Logos
[In (the)] [beginning] [was] [the] [Word]

καὶ ὁ Δόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν
kai ho Logos en pros ton
[and] [the] [Word] [was] [with] [-]

Θεόν , καὶ Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Δόγος
Theon kai Theos en ho Logos
[God] [and] [God] [was] [the] [Word]

b and a word

See above.

There is no word "it" in John 1:1.

I checked four different Greek versions on BLB.

bd7d652337d0f27dfd8d701495704921.jpg

2a2dbc2b9dc5ea5fa91e2f8e43e4a3ea.jpg

ec84c7d87f0cc9d393b73fac63a7f074.jpg

b3dcb98310b0c552e530a0524ea66828.jpg

with a god,

Again with the indefinite article "a."

The word used is ὁ ("ho", the).

bd81d50522094219dd8bdad122325477.jpg

and the god it was, a word a thing...".

You sound like a corrupted audio file.

See the above interlinear quote I typed out.

It literally cannot get any more simple than what I wrote, because that is exactly how BLB (in four different versions) has it.

Your version is all jumbled up, as if intentionally trying to mislead the reader astray from what it actually says.

Your main objection is the use of article which makes a person or thing indefinite when applied.

:nono:

You've got it backwards.

I'm objecting to your lack of use of definite articles, and your use of the indefinite articles where there are, in fact, definite articles.

Personal names rarely have the article,

Where have I said anything about names?

and this logically implies anything without it a definite name or noun.

I wouldn't say it always does, just for names, and perhaps some (but not all) other examples.

A judgeRightly does not understand this, for example.

Ha ha, very funny. *pokerface*

If one were to look for evidence that the greek article is definite, one would find it lacking.
Evidence that the greek definite article ὁ is definite?

Try BLB:

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?t=kjv&strongs=g3588

You can't say en arche "in the beginning", because if the article were definite, the absence of it would make the noun, or situation indefinite in this case.

"´Εν" (En, [In (the)]) is a preposition. (See image)
d9c4d3a003a30a42c26330a6e1762fe7.jpg