Best Friends Not Allowed

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Jane Moore, a parent whose child attends the school, explained the idea on a recent episode of the British talk show "Loose Women." "There's a policy," she said, "that if your child is having a party — unless every child is invited — you don't give out the invites in class."

I'm disturbed that there are parents somewhere who don't understand that. What kind of a low-life would send his kid to school with invites to be passed out in class,leaving some kids out? If he wants to be selective, let him do it on his own time.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm disturbed that there are parents out there that would insist their little child HAS to invite even the class bully that picked on the child and made fun of the child all the time.
Only a sick perverted parent would insist their child's happy birthday party has to include the kid/kids he can't stand to be around.

Not everyone is going to want to be your friend and want to hang out with you.
It could be for differences in personality, or interests, or any number of reason.
And others will feel the same about you.

It's called reality.
Our children need to be trained/guided into leaving the fantasies behind and move on towards reality.
Instead of training them to revert back to fairy tales.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Well my kids knew the terms faggot from the time they could talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glorydaz

No one is going to invite an entire class to a birthday party. So, I guess we should give up birthday parties. :think:

Yeah, it's crazy. It's the same as everyone winning a prize so none will feel left out. Give them all the same grade, too. Let's all wear uniforms and make sure we bring our prayer rugs. Don't raise your hand in class lest another kid feel stupid for not knowing the answer. Smile everyone.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'm disturbed that there are parents out there that would insist their little child HAS to invite even the class bully that picked on the child and made fun of the child all the time.
Only a sick perverted parent would insist their child's happy birthday party has to include the kid/kids he can't stand to be around.

Then maybe it's best if they don't use the classroom to do it. The school isn't obligated to cater to some kid's idea of exclusivity.

It's called reality.

The reality is, there's already plenty of meanness going on in schools. Kids can be really vicious to each other without parents encouraging it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then maybe it's best if they don't use the classroom to do it. The school isn't obligated to cater to some kid's idea of exclusivity.

The reality is, there's already plenty of meanness going on in schools. Kids can be really vicious to each other without parents encouraging it.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a child inviting his friends to his happy birthday party anywhere he is.
And to tell a child there is something mean and nasty about doing that is child abuse.

I can't believe that some of you so-called "adults" would dare to go so far as to demonize children for wanting to have his friends over to share his happiness on his special birthday party day.
Are you so determined to turn everything you can into hatred so badly that you would start dragging children into your miserable ideology ???
That's downright low, and you are a monster for doing so.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one is going to invite an entire class to a birthday party. So, I guess we should give up birthday parties. :think:

Yeah, it's crazy. It's the same as everyone winning a prize so none will feel left out. Give them all the same grade, too. Let's all wear uniforms and make sure we bring our prayer rugs. Don't raise your hand in class lest another kid feel stupid for not knowing the answer. Smile everyone.
Yeppers.

Stop trying to turn our children into cookie cutter robots that can no longer even choose their own friends without being accused of hatred.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeppers.

Stop trying to turn our children into cookie cutter robots that can no longer even choose their own friends without being accused of hatred.

When Jessica was in kindergarten, 1996, they tried that. And, she went to a Christian school. They said that, if we were going to give out invitations to a party, we either had to invite all the students or all of the girls. We got around that by mailing invitations to the parents who went to church with us.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When Jessica was in kindergarten, 1996, they tried that. And, she went to a Christian school. They said that, if we were going to give out invitations to a party, we either had to invite all the students or all of the girls. We got around that by mailing invitations to the parents who went to church with us.
Isn't that the dumbest thing ever, for a school staff to have the authority to tell a private home who they must allow in their own home for parties?
It's a private party, for crying out loud.

If they think this stupid rule somehow protects the feelings of some students, they are nuts and have no thought this through.

There is nothing worse that having someone show up at a party that you do not want there.
Makes the whole atmosphere turn sour and on edge.
What a dumb thing to force people to do.

Danoh

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

How - via what focus?

12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

That the following eternal glory might be enabled, both in the here and now, and towards said eternal glory, in that eternal glory...one day.

The principle, when focused on - the principle that...

2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Jose Fly

Isn't that the dumbest thing ever, for a school staff to have the authority to tell a private home who they must allow in their own home for parties?
It's a private party, for crying out loud.
You need to pay better attention. The policy is that unless the student invites everyone in the class, they can't pass out the invitations in the class.

They can still pass out the invitations on the bus, at recess, at lunch, or pretty much anywhere else.....just not in the class.

Danoh

You need to pay better attention. The policy is that unless the student invites everyone in the class, they can't pass out the invitations in the class.

They can still pass out the invitations on the bus, at recess, at lunch, or pretty much anywhere else.....just not in the class.

She's a so called right divider, don't ya know :chuckle:

glorydaz

It's YOU that needs to pay better attention. You took one woman's description of the ban, and ignored what the entire article is about. So typically liberal....

Members of the royal family aren't often told what they can and can't do. But just a few days into his first year of school, 4-year-old Prince George already faces a mandate: No best friends allowed.

Thomas's Battersea, the school George attends, bans kids from having best friends,