Cruel Parenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Clete said:
But far less Biblical.
Neither are automobiles, electric lights, air conditioning and ,wonder of wonders, computers.

How likely are you to give up those modern technological conveniences and live in the manner of the Biblical folks? Not very, I'll bet.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gerald said:
My point exactly. Our good friend Clete here is very good at talking the talk, but not so good, it appears, at walking the walk...
Look who's talking. :rolleyes:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Gerald,

If you really think that it is morally defensable to electrocute you children then I don't even know what to say to that.
Could someone please explain where one would even begin to refute such a blatantly insane position as "I love my kids and so when they missbehave I hit them with 12,000 volts of elctricity. Boy, is it effective in getting them to behave!"

Give me a break will ya?

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Clete said:
If you really think that it is morally defensable to electrocute you children then I don't even know what to say to that.
Let's get a couple of things straight: first, electrocution means to cause death by the application of electricity; people who have been electrocuted don't recover from it. Second, the amperage in a stun gun is not nearly enough to cause death (it's the amps, not the volts, that kill you). I've been hit with a stun gun, so I speak from experience. It won't kill you, but it'll make you wish you were dead.
Could someone please explain where one would even begin to refute such a blatantly insane position as "I love my kids and so when they missbehave I hit them with 12,000 volts of elctricity. Boy, is it effective in getting them to behave!"
A three-second electric shock causes no more pain and suffering than a sound spanking. You're familiar with aversion therapy, are you not?
Give me a break will ya?
Do you have a limb preference? I have a special going on kneecaps at the moment... :angel:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think electric shock would be so bad. We'd have those yokels in the army that played games with the ignition generator from a tank (little hand holdable twist-to-activate generator that was used to produce an electric arc big enough to set off a round from the main gun in the event that the electical system was out). I got tagged by one of those and it hurts about like a spanking but it doesn't even leave a mark (except if you rub a lot on the spot you got hit at). Shocks don't seem to permenantly hurt dogs at all. Can it be all that bad?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Gerald said:
Let's get a couple of things straight: first, electrocution means to cause death by the application of electricity; people who have been electrocuted don't recover from it.
Okay fine, how does "shock the holy living piss out of" sound? Is that a more accurate term?

Second, the amperage in a stun gun is not nearly enough to cause death (it's the amps, not the volts, that kill you). I've been hit with a stun gun, so I speak from experience. It won't kill you, but it'll make you wish you were dead.
I'd wager that you have no idea what sort of damage can be done by voltage. You are only zapping the fire out of the entire nervous system, including the brain. You simply cannot know what effect that might have on a child and i'ts simply rediculous and totally unecessary to take such a risk.

A three-second electric shock causes no more pain and suffering than a sound spanking. You're familiar with aversion therapy, are you not?
Realy? I've never heard of a spanking making someone "wish they were dead" before, have you?
It's abusive Gerald. It's rediculously excessive and you know it. Put your little high-tech toy away and use a switch or a belt or something. At the very least you will know that your method is effective and could only do local, temporary, and very minor damage to your child if any at all.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Clete said:
Okay fine, how does "shock the holy living piss out of" sound? Is that a more accurate term?
Better. Thanks. :thumb:
It's abusive Gerald. It's rediculously excessive and you know it.
What can I say, I'm the product of my upbringing. I don't have children for that very reason.
Put your little high-tech toy away and use a switch or a belt or something. At the very least you will know that your method is effective and could only do local, temporary, and very minor damage to your child if any at all.
Problem is, the only time I'll ever raise a hand to anyone is if I intend to inflict permanent damage. Remind me to tell you one day about the time I tried to carve my initials into an opponent's face with an icepick. Too bad he was a faster runner than me...

SOTK

Gerald said:
You can call me many things, but "hypocrite" ain't one of 'em; my practices are perfectly consistent with what I preach. :devil:

:shocked:

You're really a murdering sociopath then?

Status
Not open for further replies.