Is your Faith in the Bible or in God

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
People often refer to the scriptures as the word of God. It's not as though they believe God got a pen and started writing but that the writing was inspired by God.

Inspired maybe but certainly not dictated and double checked by God!

If your faith is in the book you will be disappointed. But if your faith is in God, that God is all loving, that God has everything in hand; then you will be rewarded instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

I said
Your wrong the Word was dictated by God.

Jhn 12:48

“He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
Jhn 12:49

“For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.

And nobody can worship one without the other.

Jhn 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
I said
Your wrong the Word was dictated by God.

Jhn 12:48

“He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
Jhn 12:49

“For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.

And nobody can worship one without the other.

Jhn 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Yeshua is referring to what he said not what all the scriptures have said.

The word, is it Jesus, the bible, both or neither in your opinion?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just read this which agrees with you:
John 12:
35 Then Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going. 36 Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.” When he had finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them.
He is speaking of his crucifixion. And the meaning was hidden from them.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peter, kill and eat. Not so Lord!

Why would Peter need to be told about accepting gentiles, in light of the Great Commission?

This was not answered. Give it a shot when you come out from the penalty box.

Lon

People often refer to the scriptures as the word of God. It's not as though they believe God got a pen and started writing but that the writing was inspired by God.

Inspired maybe but certainly not dictated and double checked by God!

If your faith is in the book you will be disappointed. But if your faith is in God, that God is all loving, that God has everything in hand; then you will be rewarded instantly.

:nono: John 14:24

Lon

John 14:24 These words are not my own but from my father.

He's telling them there and then that it is God speaking through him.

Wonderful Words of Life

1. Sing them over again to me,
wonderful words of life;
let me more of their beauty see,
wonderful words of life;
words of life and beauty
teach me faith and duty.
Refrain:
Beautiful words, wonderful words,
wonderful words of life.
Beautiful words, wonderful words,
wonderful words of life.

2. Christ, the blessed one, gives to all
wonderful words of life;
sinner, list to the loving call,
wonderful words of life;
all so freely given,
wooing us to heaven.
(Refrain)

3. Sweetly echo the gospel call,
wonderful words of life;
offer pardon and peace to all,
wonderful words of life;
Jesus, only Savior,
sanctify forever.

Zeke

Johnny boy, eh, tough guy? You wouldn't say that to my, or anyone's face, would you, punk? I thought so, you ugly junkie. Quite brave of you, insecure, little punk. I shudder,.....Weighty, pot head. You're a real barbiturate, downer, "man."

Same would apply to you blow hard, you mouth off all the time tough guy while safely out of reach.

john w

Hall of Fame
Same would apply to you blow hard, you mouth off all the time tough guy while safely out of reach.

Nice copy, stone head. Loser. Sit. You're not in my ballpark, punk, being largely ignored, laughed at, on our(my emphasis) site, Corky the Clown.

Zekee's "page:"

This page has had 1,087 visits

Poor, ignored little Zekeee....

Using my fame, to raise your visibility, eh, punk? I feel so cheap....

Reactions: Lon

SonOfCaleb

:nono: John 14:24

The OP's line is reasoning is clearly dubious. That said if you want to be pedantic its clear that some of the authors of the books of the Bible were given some latitude in terms of sources they used when authoring the various books of the Bible. Both the books of Jashar and the Book of the Wars of Jehovah were qouted in the OT. Neither of those books were inspired, and neither book exists anymore. But both Moses and Joshua mentioned them and cited them in their holy writings.
Either way as 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us "All scripture is Inspired of God". Therefore its clear that under inspiration the authors of each individual book did so by direction of the Holy Spirit. Thus what they wrote Jehovah peronsally approved of.

Zeke

Nice copy, stone head. Loser. Sit. You're not in my ballpark, punk, being largely ignored, laughed at, on our(my emphasis) site, Corky the Clown.

Zekee's "page:"

This page has had 1,087 visits

Poor, ignored little Zekeee....

Using my fame, to raise your visibility, eh, punk? I feel so cheap....

Still fighting flesh and blood john "boy" and you're right I Am is certainly not in you're egocentric ballpark which is based on this worlds sitcom mentality you thrive on, when you grasp Luke 17:20-21, Galatians 4:24 along with the more excellent way of 1Cor 13:1-13, the emotional strawman that controls you will no longer be you're master.

Lon

The OP's line is reasoning is clearly dubious. That said if you want to be pedantic its clear that some of the authors of the books of the Bible were given some latitude in terms of sources they used when authoring the various books of the Bible. Both the books of Jashar and the Book of the Wars of Jehovah were qouted in the OT. Neither of those books were inspired, and neither book exists anymore. But both Moses and Joshua mentioned them and cited them in their holy writings.
Either way as 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us "All scripture is Inspired of God". Therefore its clear that under inspiration the authors of each individual book did so by direction of the Holy Spirit. Thus what they wrote Jehovah peronsally approved of.
Matthew 4:4 :think:

john w

Hall of Fame
Still fighting flesh and blood john "boy" and you're right I Am is certainly not in you're egocentric ballpark which is based on this worlds sitcom mentality you thrive on, when you grasp Luke 17:20-21, Galatians 4:24 along with the more excellent way of 1Cor 13:1-13, the emotional strawman that controls you will no longer be you're master.

Wow, little punk! You stunned me with that never before heard " fighting flesh...strawman" original zinger!!!!You would not know the difference between the book of Luke, and Luke on "General Hospital, " you mutt. Your MO is spam a few irrelevant verses, think, "That ought to do it, as I just impressed all of TOL," so time to get high.

Please teach us, pot head....Please, Miss Irrelevant on TOL? Please?

Sit, Spot.