Coal jobs on the comeback since 2016

Arthur Brain

seriously though barbie, why do you come back to a site where you know you're not wanted?

Do you think anyone really misses you when you've flamed out or gotten the umpteenth ban? You're barely mentioned. You have some serious issues going on dude. You should sort them out for your own sake if nobody else's.

:AMR:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
aww, isn't that cute?

looks like artie's infatuation isn't limited to town - artie's got a man-crush on barbie too :peach:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
you should have stuck with plan A :thumb:

If I had, you would never have known how they fooled you.

It's never pleasant to learn that, but here's a way to maybe avoid it in the future:

Whenever someone tells you something you really want to be true, it's time to be very skeptical.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If I had, you would never have known how they fooled you.

It's never pleasant to learn that, but here's a way to maybe avoid it in the future:

Whenever someone tells you something you really want to be true, it's time to be very skeptical.

well, thank goodness we have you here to rely on

you, with your reputation for honesty :darwinsm:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
seriously though barbie, why do you come back to a site where you know you're not wanted?

Ironic you should say that...

Do you suppose if you left, anyone at all would ask you to come back? When I left, you at least had a sense of humor.

Don't panic; I'll likely be moving along before too long.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
If we can get off your obsession for a moment, the OP calls.

As you see, there are numerous reasons why the jobs aren't coming back in the Appalachian coalfields. Technology, economics, and a reduction in easy coal deposits are doing what Trump cannot undo.

And as you see, some of Trump's own moves have made things worse. Fracking is the single largest economic disaster for coalmining jobs, and mechanization is the largest technological disaster for them.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
https://m.townhall.com/columnists/stephenmoore/2017/04/18/coals-colossal-comeback-n2314519

Kmoney was telling me coal was never coming back. I guess his MSM sources forgot a few pertinent details.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app
That isn't what I said. What I did say is that regulations aren't the only thing hurting coal.

EDIT: looking back, one of the quotes in the articles did have a pretty grim view of coal making a comeback, but there were also industry people expressing some caution.

Last edited:

ClimateSanity

If we can get off your obsession for a moment, the OP calls.

As you see, there are numerous reasons why the jobs aren't coming back in the Appalachian coalfields. Technology, economics, and a reduction in easy coal deposits are doing what Trump cannot undo.

And as you see, some of Trump's own moves have made things worse. Fracking is the single largest economic disaster for coalmining jobs, and mechanization is the largest technological disaster for them.
You have no idea if jobs will come back to the Appalachian coal fields or not.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You have no idea if jobs will come back to the Appalachian coal fields or not.

People who know a great deal about it, say that they won't...

Robert Murray, founder and chief executive of Murray Energy—the nation's largest privately held coal mining company—told the Guardian that many mining jobs were lost to technology and competition, rather than regulation.

Trump can't really change that, Murray said.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-cant-bring-back-mining-jobs-574766

ClimateSanity

People who know a great deal about it, say that they won't...

Robert Murray, founder and chief executive of Murray Energy—the nation's largest privately held coal mining company—told the Guardian that many mining jobs were lost to technology and competition, rather than regulation.

Trump can't really change that, Murray said.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-cant-bring-back-mining-jobs-574766
Does that mean it's an absolute certainty that jobs will never come back? Is it as certain as the likelihood the sun will appear in the morning sky tomorrow given a clear sky?