Jesus is God !

daqq

How about this one?
John 8:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:24) I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am [he], ye shall die in your sins.

It is the most striking and lengthy example of an ellipsis that I have ever laid eyes upon. Moreover it has been explained several times roundabout these parts but no one seems to want to believe what the Master says about it in that very same passage.

keypurr

I'm not a believer in that. It seems to me you are adding a process that is not needed. Why did Jesus the flesh son have to live out his years before the Spirit son dwelt in him?

But be that as it may.

I will get to this later....

Consider that God was IN Jesus, but in what way?

In Hebrew culture, as I understand it, one must be thirty to be a Rabbi.

Jesus was thirty when he was anointed. About 27AD.

Explore my thoughts and judge for yourself.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

It is the most striking and lengthy example of an ellipsis that I have ever laid eyes upon. Moreover it has been explained several times roundabout these parts but no one seems to want to believe what the Master says about it in that very same passage.

Hi my friend, long time no see your posts, hope things are well with you.

glorydaz

Who is the he?

The "he" is absent from the Greek texts. Jesus refers to Himself as the great I AM in many places, and this is just one of them. Our Lord Jesus Christ lays claim to all of the I AM titles.

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.​

This is why you will die in your sins, Keypurr. You refuse to acknowledge our Lord and Saviour as God Almighty.

keypurr

Hey Keypurr, doing good, and hope you are too. :)

Great to hear that, I am doing ok for an old man.

Nothing has changed here, the natives are still in the dark. I am still looking for all the answers myself.

daqq

Great to hear that, I am doing ok for an old man.

Nothing has changed here, the natives are still in the dark. I am still looking for all the answers myself.

Well, aren't we all, but if I had any advice it would be not to worry about saying the Son is a created being. If God is light can His true light be created? We do not read that Elohim said "Let light be created" or made, but rather more-so as follows:

These are the first two words Elohim said in the beginning: יהיאור (left to right)

If you can separate them properly, (for they were not separated before the Masorete text came along), and understand them correctly, then you will indeed know the true name of he who is "the light of the world", (John 8:12, and the ellipsis runs through the passage). Is the very first word spoken by Elohim, "Let there be"?, or is it possible that it could be "Yah"? I know the Hebrew grammarians around here will want to slay me for suggesting such a thing but let your heart and mind ponder on what the very first Word from the mouth of Elohim might or should have been, (and remember, that when you yourself speak, what you speak comes forth from within you). :)

keypurr

The "he" is absent from the Greek texts. Jesus refers to Himself as the great I AM in many places, and this is just one of them. Our Lord Jesus Christ lays claim to all of the I AM titles.

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.​

This is why you will die in your sins, Keypurr. You refuse to acknowledge our Lord and Saviour as God Almighty.

No, I don't think so friend. The "he" is there for a reason.

The Aramaic also does not use the "he".

Note from the AENT
In Semitic thought, the phase "Ena-na" ( I am) conveys a thought of eternal existence reserved only for Elohim. This naturally leads to the following question in verse 25 in the Greek.

keypurr

Well, aren't we all, but if I had any advice it would be not to worry about saying the Son is a created being. If God is light can His true light be created? We do not read that Elohim said "Let light be created" or made, but rather more-so as follows:

These are the first two words Elohim said in the beginning: יהיאור (left to right)

If you can separate them properly, (for they were not separated before the Masorete text came along), and understand them correctly, then you will indeed know the true name of he who is "the light of the world", (John 8:12, and the ellipsis runs through the passage). Is the very first word spoken by Elohim, "Let there be"?, or is it possible that it could be "Yah"? I know the Hebrew grammarians around here will want to slay me for suggesting such a thing but let your heart and mind ponder on what the very first Word from the mouth of Elohim might or should have been, (and remember, that when you yourself speak, what you speak comes forth from within you). :)

Friend, I pray to understand more of the Hebrew, but my age does not let me retain like it use to. I do express my inner thoughts but I believe that these thoughts came to me for a reason. My time is running short, but if can show some and get them to see, the limited light that I have might continue to brighten.

In Genesis 1 God said "Let there be light" and was it not the "spirit of God" that God used to do that? Would not the express image be considered as the spirit of God? Was not all creation done through this spirit? Is not this spirit the son of the most high? Many questions, but I think I see the light in question.