Moron of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Not interested in discussing anything with you....

good! :thumb:

uh oh :noid:

tardlyartie said:
...so crack on with it and pretend like you're engaging with TH for the interests of "debate". Your act went a long time ago and here's to the next time you flame out like a loon and get given yet another boot. You are just too boring for words. Have fun trolling in the meantime.

:e4e:

Wow, just back from yet another ban for being an obsessive little dipstick and you're right back at it all over again.

Get. A. Life & stop spamming up the place with your boring obsessions.

:yawn:

Coming from someone who gets routinely banned for stalking and obsessing over posters it's bizarre that you would go on about 'self awareness'. Where's yours at? Your stupid little neg rep to TH is here for all to see, as is your embarrassing drivel in the 'Ask Knight II' thread, both examples of what got you banned. I mean, what kind of moron does that?

It's pretty much...'retarded' dude.

On that note you have fun trolling. I'm sure Squeaky's got a thread you can harass him about...

looks like you were interested after all :idunno:

ok doser

Trail of tears.

By Tiya Miles, Special to CNN

(CNN) - African American history, as it is often told, includes two monumental migration stories: the forced exodus of Africans to the Americas during the brutal Middle Passage of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade, and the voluntary migration of Black residents who moved from southern farms and towns to northern cities in the early 1900s in search of “the warmth of other suns.” A third African-American migration story–just as epic, just as grave–hovers outside the familiar frame of our historical consciousness. The iconic tragedy of Indian Removal: the Cherokee Trail of Tears that relocated thousands of Cherokees to Indian Territory (now Oklahoma), was also a Black migration. Slaves of Cherokees walked this trail along with their Indian owners.

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012...shared-by-blacks-as-well-as-native-americans/

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Appeal to tradition?

Tradition works, your reinvention does not. Men sacrificing for something that does nothing but punish them is not a 'noble cause', it's self-righteous nonsense which branches from the same tree as pandering to minorities. There has never been a universal idea of feminism, it is nothing more than a constantly mutating virus.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Not as an argument. It's a logical fallacy.

Curiously, not your standard of proof for any other idea. :plain:

Feminists have pulled the rape card because there is nothing left to pull that men are largely tired of hearing. And men are growing tired of that as well.
Feminist men fail to discern the difference between a legitimate concern and simply being self-centered. There are things that need to be reformed in due fairness toward men that go ignored because of it.

What adds insult to injury is that your answer for rape is: teach men not to rape.
And the only real thing feminism has done is simply increase the amount of men deciding to stay out of marriage. It's a direct result of the fact that feminism is animosity driven, which you deny.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Feminist men fail to discern the difference between a legitimate concern and simply being self-centered.
You can't tell the difference between an actual, logical argument and just saying something.

What adds insult to injury is that your answer for rape is: teach men not to rape.
Which you'll only be able to quote you saying...so that's funny right there.

feminism is animosity driven, which you deny.
Well, I'm rational, so yeah.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Just...

Nobody has ever met a Muslim who compassionate of gays nobody has ever worked with a Mexican who cares one bit about white people and nobody has ever seen a Jew even pretend that they have any interest in American prominence. Mexicans hustle white people- this is what liberals don't really get...The Jews have all their money banked in on either Zion interests, or globalization..the Goldsteins down the road harbor more wealth than the Smiths a block over...
Every time I get ready to lock "Moron of the Day" down someone comes along and reminds me why it's still relevant.

It's not rocket science
Lucky break for you.

How are you not all over the flat earth thread. :plain: Dave could use your help.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
prolly gets hisself rubbed down with witch hazel every night :)
Sod imagining me being rubbed down...well that's not a little bit creepy, is it. :noid:

That one had me turn the ignore back on and button a button. Can't think of a better capstone for the thread. So barring a return of Traditio, that's about it. It won't get any dumber or shudder worthy.

:cheers:

ok doser

For anyone interested in the topic of slavery in the new world and the less historically noted profit by it, see: http://slavenorth.com/profits.htm

It begins:

The effects of the New England slave trade were momentous. It was one of the foundations of New England's economic structure; it created a wealthy class of slave-trading merchants, while the profits derived from this commerce stimulated cultural development and philanthropy. --Lorenzo Johnston Greene, �The Negro in Colonial New England, 1620-1776,� p.319.

this reminded me so strongly of someone in particular, and it finally came to me while I was shoveling this afternoon:

:darwinsm:

ok doser

if you're familiar with the scene, Will Hunting and the Hipster Bar-fly Clark (who Skylar calls a "Michael Bolton clone" :chuckle: ) are two peas in a pod - they're regurgitating information they've memorized without bothering to understand it

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
if you're familiar with the scene, Will Hunting and the Hipster Bar-fly Clark (who Skylar calls a "Michael Bolton clone" :chuckle: ) are two peas in a pod - they're regurgitating information they've memorized without bothering to understand it
No, both Clark and Will both understand what they're saying, only Clark is using the information to denigrate Will's friend (Chuckie) and impress freshmen girls while trying to pass it off as his own consideration. Will points out that Clark has simply bought into the work of others without deviation. Clark isn't really thinking for himself, a point Will makes by noting Garrison and then Vickers in route to telling him that if that's all he plans on doing with it he might as well have saved daddy's money and gotten the information using a library card.

ok doser

No, both Clark and Will both understand what they're saying...

EXT. BOSTON COMMON -- MINUTES LATER

Sean and Will sit in the bleachers at the mostly empty park.

They look out over a small pond, in which a group of
schoolchildren on a field trip ride the famous Swan Boats.

WILL
So what's with this place? You have
a swan fetish? Is this something
you'd like to talk about?

SEAN
I was thinking about what you said
to me the other day, about my
painting. I stayed up half the night
thinking about it and then something
occurred to me and I fell into a
deep peaceful sleep and haven't
thought about you since. You know
what occurred to me?

WILL
No.

SEAN
You're just a boy. You don't have
the faintest idea what you're talking
about.

WILL
Why thank you.

SEAN
You've never been out of Boston.

WILL
No.

SEAN
So if I asked you about art you could
give me the skinny on every art book
ever written... Michelangelo? You
know a lot about him I bet. Life's
work, criticisms, political
aspirations. But you couldn't tell
me what it smells like in the Sistine
Chapel. You've never stood there and
looked up at that beautiful ceiling.
And if I asked you about women I'm
sure you could give me a syllabus of
your personal favorites, and maybe
you've been laid a few times too.
But you couldn't tell me how it feels
to wake up next to a woman and be
truly happy. If I asked you about
war you could refer me to a bevy of
fictional and non-fictional material,
but you've never been in one. You've
never held your best friend's head
in your lap and watched him draw his
last breath, looking to you for help.
And if I asked you about love I'd
get a sonnet, but you've never looked
at a woman and been truly vulnerable.
Known that someone could kill you
with a look. That someone could rescue
you from grief. That God had put an
angel on Earth just for you. And
you wouldn't know how it felt to be
her angel. To have the love be there
for her forever. Through anything,
through cancer. You wouldn't know
about sleeping sitting up in a
hospital room for two months holding
her hand and not leaving because the
doctors could see in your eyes that
the term "visiting hours" didn't
apply to you. And you wouldn't know
about real loss, because that only
occurs when you lose something you
love more than yourself, and you've
never dared to love anything that
much. I look at you and I don't see
an intelligent confident man, I don't
see a peer, and I don't see my equal.
I see a boy. Nobody could possibly
understand you, right Will? Yet you
presume to know so much about me
because of a painting you saw. You
must know everything about me. You're
an orphan, right?

Will nods quietly.

SEAN
Do you think I would presume to know
the first thing about who you are
because I read "Oliver Twist?" And I
don't buy the argument that you don't
want to be here, because I think you
like all the attention you're getting.
Personally, I don't care. There's
nothing you can tell me that I can't
read somewhere else. Unless we talk
about your life. But you won't do
that. Maybe you're afraid of what
you might say.

Sean stands,

SEAN
It's up to you.

And walks away.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Good-Will-Hunting.html

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

EXT. BOSTON COMMON -- MINUTES LATER

SEAN
You're just a boy. You don't have
the faintest idea what you're talking
about.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Good-Will-Hunting.html

See, Clark, the point Sean is making isn't that Will doesn't know what he's saying, but that he hasn't lived enough to understand what it means on more than an intellectual level, which when it comes to love (not economic theory or history) is the whole point.

Enjoy the apple.

quip

BANNED
Banned
No, both Clark and Will both understand what they're saying, only Clark is using the information to denigrate Will's friend (Chuckie) and impress freshmen girls while trying to pass it off as his own consideration. Will points out that Clark has simply bought into the work of others without deviation. Clark isn't really thinking for himself, a point Will makes by noting Garrison and then Vickers in route to telling him that if that's all he plans on doing with it he might as well have saved daddy's money and gotten the information using a library card.

You're right...doser's the hipster.

(sorry Skylar)

ok doser

See, Clark, the point Sean is making isn't that Will doesn't know what he's saying, but that he hasn't lived enough to understand what it means on more than an intellectual level, which when it comes to love (not economic theory or history) is the whole point.

Enjoy the apple.

read it again

think about it for a while (longer than today)

see if it doesn't sink in

don't respond to this today

ok doser

You're right...doser's the hipster.

(sorry Skylar)

officespacebolton1280jpg-74e931_1280w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.