Has All Been Fulfilled? Have Heaven and Earth Passed?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Ran into one of these today:

The Law was fulfilled, completely and totally satisfied in the blood of Christ. Lots of jots and tittles got changed and removed and that caused the whole thing to wax old and vanish away.

and they always stumble over thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not commit adultery, etc

because if the whole thing vanished away, then there's no longer a prohibition on killing, or stealing, or committing adultery, right?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, the law being referred to by Jesus is the law applicable to the kingdom of God. The Law of Moses is not applicable.

As long as the earth and sky remain the ten instructions of God's covenant remain.

Those who don't comply with all ten instructions will not be in God's kingdom.

chair

Yes, the law being referred to by Jesus is the law applicable to the kingdom of God. The Law of Moses is not applicable.

As long as the earth and sky remain the ten instructions of God's covenant remain.

Odd- that is not what Matthew said.

clefty

"For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass away from the Law till all be fulfilled except the Law of Moses. All those jots and tittles will pass away. And oh yeah, the Sabbath, that Law from the 10, it will end at the cross."

There fixed it to what most Christians read...

genuineoriginal

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

and they always stumble over thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not commit adultery, etc

because if the whole thing vanished away, then there's no longer a prohibition on killing, or stealing, or committing adultery, right?

Zechariah 14:16
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.​

If all has been fulfilled and the whole law has passed away, then why will the survivors of the nations, that come against Jerusalem in the battle of Armageddon, celebrate the feast of tabernacles?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The law Jesus referred to pertained to God's kingdom.

Matthew 5:19-20 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.​

Matthew used "heaven" in lieu of the word God.

clefty

The law Jesus referred to pertained to God's kingdom.

Matthew 5:19-20 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.​

Matthew used "heaven" in lieu of the word God.

Lol...now there is a Law of Yah and another for His kingdom of Heaven?

clefty

"If you love me, keep my commands" (John 14:15).

If one truly obeys the two Great Commandments they are fulfilling the Law.

Sounds good to me...(unless by fulfilling you mean destroying the Law so that others don't have to keep it...)

How do we truly obey those two?

The first is to love Yah. "If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love. "

So we remain in His love by keeping His Father's commandments too...note the "just as"

The second is to love your neighbor as yourself, how?

"12This is My commandment, that you love one another as I loved you..."

Notice the "AS I" loved you...and His love included following His Father's will

So to truly obey the two commandments of loving Yah and loving each other we must include Sabbath observance as modeled by the One Who said love fulfills the law...this love keeps it...duh

Even Buddhists and Muslims, heathen and pagans, love a god and love each other...but our love has a higher standard as it is of One with a higher love.

John summarizes: "By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments. 4If anyone says, “I know Him,” but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him.…"

“... that you love one another as I have loved you."

(He offered Sabbath rest...never Sunday Ham)

Last edited:

clefty

Does Yah have an English biblical name?

Sure...

Isaiah 12:2New King James Version (NKJV)

2 Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song;
He also has become my salvation.’”

Ironic that the letter J wasn't even in English usage until the last 4-5 centuries...

Lots of words and names and meanings are lost in translation...

For instance Iesous means nothing in Greek or in its Latin version but attempts to sound like Yahushua which actually means Yah saves....

Look up for yourself names ending in -iah...

Like isaYah

Or eliYah

Good stuff there that is...

TweetyBird

New commandments, per Christ. His law states that hatred is equal to murder. That is not the Mosaic Law. His law states that even looking at a woman is adultery. That is not the Mosaic Law. His law states that obedience to parents also included fellow believers in Him. That is not the Mosaic Law. Jesus stated that He is the Sabbath rest. That is not the Mosaic Law. Jesus said that our minds should be set on things above, not earthly things like idols and a love of the world. That is not the Mosaic Law.

Jesus taught love and forgiveness to all - not just fellow believers. Jesus said that all the commandments given to Moses, and the Prophets were summed up into two commandments. This is not found in the Mosaic Law.

Jesus said that one is to not swear or make oaths. That is not in the Mosaic Law.

If you think Jesus taught the Mosaic Law, that is incorrect. He taught a new way to live found throughout the pages of the entire NT. Gal 5 sums it up nicely - if one is walking in the Spirit and lives out the fruit of the Spirit, there is no law that stands against them. All the Law is fulfilled by love. The law was bondage, we are free in Christ. Gal 4 and 5. The commandment that Christ gave was to love God, believe in Him, and love others. It's all about love. The Mosaic Law was all about retribution and punishment and curses. Have fun with that.

TweetyBird

That is only partially true. Many unbelievers that do not know Christ keep the 10 commandments. Do you think they will be in God's Kingdom? The 10 commandments do not include the Law of Christ - do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Love one another as I have loved you and lay down My life for you. Forgive 70 x 70. Believe on Him. Love God above all and your neighbor as yourself, and that means your enemies and others who are not saved. Israel was only commanded to love her own people and those within her community. Etc, ad infinitum.

TweetyBird

"For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass away from the Law till all be fulfilled except the Law of Moses. All those jots and tittles will pass away. And oh yeah, the Sabbath, that Law from the 10, it will end at the cross."

There fixed it to what most Christians read...

Jesus said heaven and earth will pass away when all is fulfilled. All was fulfilled, heaven and earth will pass away when He returns. The Law ended on the cross. A new Law aka a new covenant was implemented - the Law of Christ. It is not the Mosaic Law, it is something brand new, unheard of, unknown before He came. He spent His entire ministry preaching the Gospel, the Kingdom of God, not the Mosaic Law.

TweetyBird

Sure...

Isaiah 12:2New King James Version (NKJV)

2 Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song;
He also has become my salvation.’”

Ironic that the letter J wasn't even in English usage until the last 4-5 centuries...

Lots of words and names and meanings are lost in translation...

For instance Iesous means nothing in Greek or in its Latin version but attempts to sound like Yahushua which actually means Yah saves....

Look up for yourself names ending in -iah...

Like isaYah

Or eliYah

Good stuff there that is...

Iesous is NOT a translation, it's a transliteration. Iesous/Jesus/Yeshua are the same Name and mean the exact same thing - God is Salvation or God saves.

There is no such Name as "yahushua". Yah at the end of names is Hebraic. Yah at the beginning of names is incorrect Hebrew. Yah as a stand alone Name is correct.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

How sad, I guess you won't be there.