ECT Today's Cheep Shot

Interplanner

Today's criticism of old IP is that he's not specific.

Well, for 1.5 years (please note the nearest 10th of a year) I have posted that no NT passage on the 2nd coming has Judaic or Judean (land) detail to it. The list is: Rom 2, 8, I Cor 15, Acts 17, Heb 9, 2 Tim 2, I Jn 2, Col 3, 2 Peter 3. The 2nd coming takes place successfully without such.

So my counter is this: could you be specific and show specific Judaic or Judean/land details in these passages?

Cheep! Cheep!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Today's criticism of old IP is that he's not specific.

Well, for 1.5 years (please note the nearest 10th of a year) I have posted that no NT passage on the 2nd coming has Judaic or Judean (land) detail to it. The list is: Rom 2, 8, I Cor 15, Acts 17, Heb 9, 2 Tim 2, I Jn 2, Col 3, 2 Peter 3. The 2nd coming takes place successfully without such.

So my counter is this: could you be specific and show specific Judaic or Judean/land details in these passages?

Cheep! Cheep!

Cheap is spelled like this - cheap - and you expect us to believe what you think you read?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is more than 1 covenant promise in the OT.
When a new promise was given, did the OT saints need to reevaluate the previous ones as being no longer applicable to the ones promised, or where the previous ones still intact as originally stated?
I'll give ya a hint ..... Galatians 3.

Danoh

To resume the question of specifics: what specifically? When I list a chapter # it's because I mentioned a proposition to go with it.

The problem you are encountering from some as to this "be specific" issue is that you often post as if you are still too much in your own head.

As a result, you end up leaving out connections between things that you take for granted others will automatically know to fill in.

And which you think are based on Scripture.

Sort of like when someone is said to be "speaking to the choir."

In your case, you too often speak to your own choir; your own mind.

It's like people are going to have to go out and read your same endless books "about."

That right there reveals you are off base as to where you long ago concluded the answers are to be found.

You just as often turn around and outright say to others it is not your job to fill such blanks in.

Well, then so be it; you bring on yourself what you are now lamenting.

Recurrent mindreader through recurrent patterns Danoh :chuckle:

Interplanner

The problem you are encountering from some as to this "be specific" issue is that you often post as if you are still too much in your own head.

As a result, you end up leaving out connections between things that you take for granted others will automatically know to fill in.

And which you think are based on Scripture.

Sort of like when someone is said to be "speaking to the choir."

In your case, you too often speak to your own choir; your own mind.

It's like people are going to have to go out and read your same endless books "about."

That right there reveals you are off base as to where you long ago concluded the answers are to be found.

You just as often turn around and outright say to others it is not your job to fill such blanks in.

Well, then so be it; you bring on yourself what you are now lamenting.

Recurrent mindreader through recurrent patterns Danoh :chuckle:

I know what you mean. If I post that Acts 13 says all promises to the fathers are fulfilled in the resurrection which proves Christ was accepted for that, it's vague because you think the promises are on hold. Got it. Which of course is what v36 says, isn't it.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I know what you mean. If I post that Acts 13 says all promises to the fathers are fulfilled in the resurrection which proves Christ was accepted for that, it's vague because you think the promises are on hold. Got it. Which of course is what v36 says, isn't it.

Act 13:29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

Does Paul mean by that there is no further prophecy concerning Christ to be fulfilled after His death on the cross?

I guess His burial and resurrection are just sorta' hangin' out there beyond prophecy, huh?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Act 13:29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

Does Paul mean by that there is no further prophecy concerning Christ to be fulfilled after His death on the cross?

I guess His burial and resurrection are just sorta' hangin' out there beyond prophecy, huh?
Some folks just don't think things through before they spout off.