The Blessings of Christ's Covenantal Death for His People !

beloved57

The Death of Christ is according to an Everlasting Covenant, hence the writer of Hebrews writes Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

This same Covenant is expressed by Jesus here as the New Covenant Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament/covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Its the same covenant, and shepherd, the same Blood. One of the Blessed results for them whom Christ died as their Covenant Shepherd, is the remission or forgiveness of sins.

All for whom Christ died, shed His Blood for, have remission of sins charged to them, they can never be charged with any sin against them, hence they can never die in their sins, because they dont have any, they have been forgiven of all for Christ's sake.

Col 2:13

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

1 Jn 2:12

I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

So the True Preacher Preaches forgiveness of sins in His Name Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

For everyone Christ died, it shall Preached unto them by the Power of the Holy Spirit, the forgiveness of sins Acts 13:38

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

beameup

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for MANY for the remission of sins.But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with YOU in my Father's KINGDOM. - Matthew 26:28-29

Some might say that the "many" are a sub-set of the total of God's "elect".

And he [Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. - 1 John 2:2

Nanja

The Death of Christ is according to an Everlasting Covenant, hence the writer of Hebrews writes Heb 13:20

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

This same Covenant is expressed by Jesus here as the New Covenant Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament/covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Its the same covenant, and shepherd, the same Blood. One of the Blessed results for them whom Christ died as their Covenant Shepherd, is the remission or forgiveness of sins.

All for whom Christ died, shed His Blood for, have remission of sins charged to them, they can never be charged with any sin against them, hence they can never die in their sins, because they dont have any, they have been forgiven of all for Christ's sake.

Col 2:13

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

1 Jn 2:12

I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

So the True Preacher Preaches forgiveness of sins in His Name Lk 24:47

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

For everyone Christ died, it shall Preached unto them by the Power of the Holy Spirit, the forgiveness of sins
Acts 13:38

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Exactly as you have shown Brother, Christ's Covenant People have complete remission / forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7. So, of themselves they need do/perform nothing, no works whatsoever, for they from Everlasting, have been made perfectly Righteous in God's sight through the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant alone Rev. 13:8.

So through the Preaching of forgiveness of sins in Christ's Name, the Holy Spirit reveals to all the Sheep He gave His Life for John 10:11,15, that they already had forgiveness of sins Is. 53:6 even before they had any knowledge of it!

~~~~~

beloved57

Nanja
So through the Preaching of forgiveness of sins in Christ's Name, the Holy Spirit reveals to all the Sheep He gave His Life for John 10:11,15, that they already had forgiveness of sins Is. 53:6 even before they had any knowledge of it!

Exactly, that's part of their good news of salvation Eph 1:7,13 !

Robert Pate

Banned
"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; THAT HE BY THE GRACE OF GOD SHOULD TASTE DEATH FOR EVERYONE" Hebrews 2:9.

beloved57

[h=2]The Blessings of Christ's Covenantal Death for His People !2[/h]Another blessing of Christ's Covenantal death, that accompanies the forgiveness of sins, is righteousness imputed without works Rom 4:

6Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Yes, all for whom Christ died, and by His Blood receive remission/forgiveness of sins Matt 26:28, have as another benefit imputed righteousness without works !

Now what does without works mean ? The word works is the greek word ergon and means:

work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.

So righteousness was imputed to them without them doing anything. No action from them, no deed from them. In fact, it was imputed to them while they were yet enemies, and ungodly.

Looking into the Gospel, hearing it, believing it, is a deed/work James 1:25

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty[The Gospel of Christ Gal 5:1], and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

So to claim that believing the Gospel is an requirement before one can have righteousness imputed, thats in contradiction Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

beloved57

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; THAT HE BY THE GRACE OF GOD SHOULD TASTE DEATH FOR EVERYONE" Hebrews 2:9.

That verse is speaking of the Seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Which is the Elect !

Nanja

[h=2]The Blessings of Christ's Covenantal Death for His People !2[/h]Another blessing of Christ's Covenantal death, that accompanies the forgiveness of sins, is righteousness imputed without works Rom 4:

6Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Yes, all for whom Christ died, and by His Blood receive remission/forgiveness of sins Matt 26:28, have as another benefit imputed righteousness without works !

Now what does without works mean ? The word works is the greek word ergon and means:

work, task, employment; a deed, action; that which is wrought or made, a work.

So righteousness was imputed to them without them doing anything. No action from them, no deed from them. In fact, it was imputed to them while they were yet enemies, and ungodly.

Looking into the Gospel, hearing it, believing it, is a deed/work James 1:25

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty[The Gospel of Christ Gal 5:1], and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

So to claim that believing the Gospel is an requirement before one can have righteousness imputed, thats in contradiction Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

So True, believing is a work because it's an action we take with our mind / heart. And Rom. 4:6 declares that righteousness was imputed to All the Blessed ones Ps. 32:1-2 without works.

These Elect of God Rom. 11:5 were always under God's Grace from everlasting 2 Tim. 1:9, before they ever Believed, when they were Chosen In Union with Christ their Head and Surety to have remission/forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7 solely upon His Covenantal Death for them.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
That verse is speaking of the Seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Which is the Elect !

"God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD unto himself, not imputing their trespasses into them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (The Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:19.

beloved57

Nanja

So True, believing is a work because it's an action we take with our mind / heart.

Absolutely, you and I appear to be the only ones that
realize that.

It's either a work of the Spiritual mind or the natural mind.

beloved57

"God was in Christ, RECONCILING THE WORLD unto himself, not imputing their trespasses into them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (The Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:19.

That's the Elect World, the Chosen. For many have their sins charged against them Jn 8:24.

Robert Pate

Banned
That's the Elect World.The whole Elect World of jew and gentile.

"God so loved THE WORLD that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

There is nothing in the Bible about an elect world.

Nanja

I would say that its the natural mind. Most on the Forum would agree with me.

The believing an unregenerate person does with the natural mind
is a work [ergon] of the flesh which cannot please God Rom.8:8.

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;
and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

ESV- "and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment"

~~~~~

beloved57

Blessings given with Christ the Covenant Head !

Rom 8:32

32 [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, [/FONT]how shall he not with him [Christ] also freely give us all things?

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]​As Prophesied Christ was given a Covenant of the People Isa 42:6

[/FONT]6 [FONT=&quot]I the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

This is because He came into the World under Covenant engagement and is the Mediator of the Better and New Covenant Heb 8:6

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

The better promises are the things freely given with Christ Rom 8:32.

One such promise is the forgiveness of sins Notice Heb 8:12

[/FONT]
12 [FONT=&quot]For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Now Rom 8:32 has the word give there as in freely give us. Its the greek word [/FONT]
charizomai and means:

to grant forgiveness, to pardon

Also see what His Covenant Blood accomplished for the many Matt 26:28

28 [FONT=&quot]For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins

So everyone of the many, all of them have received , given with Christ, forgiveness of sins ![/FONT]

beloved57

They also receive with Christ their Covenant Head the Covenant Blessing of a New Heart Ezek 36:26

[FONT=&quot]A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. That word heart means:

[/FONT]
inner man, mind, will, heart , the inner man, indefinite, soul, comprehending mind, affections and will,

See mans heart by nature is estranged from God and evil and wicked Gen 6:5

[FONT=&quot]And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen 8:21

[/FONT]
21 [FONT=&quot]And the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] smelled a sweet savour; and the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Jer 17:9

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The [/FONT]heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

the word desperately here is a word that means:

incurable,

Hence theres no hope of cure for the natural man. Nothing short of a New Heart can please God. This must come out of New Birth which comes with Christ !