If our gospel be hidden, it is hidden from them that are perishing

beameup

And even if our gospel is veiled [hidden], it is veiled [hidden] to those who are perishing :burnlib: , in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the Gospel of the Glory of Christ, who is the Image of God. - 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 NASB

beloved57

And even if our gospel is veiled [hidden], it is veiled [hidden] to those who are perishing :burnlib: , in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the Gospel of the Glory of Christ, who is the Image of God. - 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 NASB

Thats right, a lost person cant believe the Gospel because its being hidden from them !

beameup

For how long will the perishees perish?

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:44,46,48

Yea, the light of the wicked shall be put out,
and the spark of his fire shall not shine.
Job 18:5

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
- 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, I lost you didn't I?

I'll try again, when a person dies how long does the person stay dead?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Maggots don't die, they become flies and lay eggs which hatch into maggots. The maggots don't die, they become flies and lay eggs which hatch into more maggots. Those maggots don't die, they become flies and lay eggs which hatch into more maggots. And those maggots don't die...

Fire doesn't have to be quenched, when the fuel is spent it dies.

beameup

Did you know that a soul that sins will die?

Yes, it will eternally die.
hell_forever_and_ever.jpg

beameup

I don't believe in "non-believers will be burned in hell for eternity." "They will perish" says Jesus.

In the Old Testament we see a fire from God which consumes the sacrifice.

exegesis - using the text to speak to you without presuppositions
eisegesis - using one's own presuppositions to read into the text

meshak

BANNED
Banned
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not Perish but have eternal life".

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nonbelievers will be resurrected at the Last Day for judgment by Jesus' teachings which we will teach to them.

John 12:47-48 And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him — the word that I have spoken will judge him in the Last Day.

Like Jesus said he did not come to condemn the world but to save the world, at least those who choose life. It's our choice.