DO THE POLICE NEED TO BE MONITORED?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
First of all, let me confess that I've NEVER been mistreated in any way by the Police. These guys/gals have a very dangerous job and are under a tremendous amount of stress at times. When they pull over a car, they don't know if the passengers have a weapon or not. They must always be alert and ready for any kind of situation. If you've been watching Youtube these days, a lot of people are using cameras to record the police interactions. Also, you may notice the police often will pull over a motorist for a minor taillight being out, then, proceed to ask for the owners Licence, registration and proof of insurance.

There are certain "groups" of people such as "so-called Constitutionalists" that are refusing to follow the Cops orders and show their proper papers. What happens is, an argument ensues and the problems escalate. Sometimes, ending in an arrest and/or violence. Personally, I have always complied with the Police. It appears, in these times we live in, the Police and the citizenry seem to act as if it's, "Us against them." Perhaps, our police need to relearn how to maintain civility and not overreact at times. When force is needed, that's a different story. I think that Police MUST wear accurate "Audio/video" equipment at all times, in order to protect them from unruly citizens and to protect citizens from unruly Police. This needs to become necessary in order to protect our society. There are both good and bad cops/citizens.

What say you?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
These guys/gals have a very dangerous job and are under a tremendous amount of stress at times.

Why don't you just go on and shut up with that cliche nonsense- there is nothing stressful about driving around with a pistol and an assault rifle in the carriage, harassing people to bring money to the county or city.

The police are just state arms- and they killed innocent people who you NEVER have and NEVER will show remorse for because of your blind allegiance to these godforsaken people.

And they are sniping them out; and you know what I say?

It's
About
Time_

Second Amendment bro- resistance of tyranny.
There's nothing quite like a man finding pride in sabotaging the Constitution and being called a 'patriot' for it- what a bad joke, for real- I hope you all choke on it one day_

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When they pull over a car, they don't know if the passengers have a weapon or not.

When talking to somebody else, I don't know either. But I do know this.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Every gun control measure in the US is illegal.

They must always be alert and ready for any kind of situation. If you've been watching Youtube these days, a lot of people are using cameras to record the police interactions. Also, you may notice the police often will pull over a motorist for a minor taillight being out, then, proceed to ask for the owners Licence, registration and proof of insurance.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

There are certain "groups" of people such as "so-called Constitutionalists" that are refusing to follow the Cops orders and show their proper papers.

Imagine that. They are following their rights and refusing to cooperate when the police have no authority.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why don't you just go on and shut up with that cliche nonsense- there is nothing stressful about driving around with a pistol and an assault rifle in the carriage, harassing people to bring money to the county or city.

The police are just state arms- and they killed innocent people who you NEVER have and NEVER will show remorse for because of your blind allegiance to these godforsaken people.

It's
About
Time_

There's nothing quite like a man finding pride in sabotaging the Constitution and being called a 'patriot' for it- what a bad joke, for real- I hope you all choke on it one day_

It looks as if I hit a sour note with you? Now I realize, you're anti-Female and anti-Police. May I assume you're anti-GM, as well? :crackup:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When talking to somebody else, I don't know either. But I do know this.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Every gun control measure in the US is illegal.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Imagine that. They are following their rights and refusing to cooperate when the police have no authority.

I'm with you on those Nick. The forefathers were intelligent enough to know that if the government they set up EVER became "Corrupt" the people would have an avenue (Arms) to defend themselves. Evidently, Crucible didn't read my entire OP, therefore, didn't see my subtle thoughts that there are "Bad apples" in law enforcement. I also stated that these, same "Bad apples" need to be weeded out. I really can't blame Crucible, I realize he "Hates my ever loving guts."

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
First of all, let me confess that I've NEVER been mistreated in any way by the Police. These guys/gals have a very dangerous job and are under a tremendous amount of stress at times. When they pull over a car, they don't know if the passengers have a weapon or not. They must always be alert and ready for any kind of situation. If you've been watching Youtube these days, a lot of people are using cameras to record the police interactions. Also, you may notice the police often will pull over a motorist for a minor taillight being out, then, proceed to ask for the owners Licence, registration and proof of insurance.

There are certain "groups" of people such as "so-called Constitutionalists" that are refusing to follow the Cops orders and show their proper papers. What happens is, an argument ensues and the problems escalate. Sometimes, ending in an arrest and/or violence. Personally, I have always complied with the Police. It appears, in these times we live in, the Police and the citizenry seem to act as if it's, "Us against them." Perhaps, our police need to relearn how to maintain civility and not overreact at times. When force is needed, that's a different story. I think that Police MUST wear accurate "Audio/video" equipment at all times, in order to protect them from unruly citizens and to protect citizens from unruly Police. This needs to become necessary in order to protect our society. There are both good and bad cops/citizens.

What say you?

Agreed. I believe that like any profession, there will be a few bad cops, however, that isn't the case of most. I will never understand why anyone feels the necessity to not just pull over and comply ... outside of a guilty conscience. People with valid licenses, insurance and no warrants shouldn't be fearful of being pulled over.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm not liking what I see on Youtube. Some Police are getting angry and more aggressive towards people who use their "Cellphones" to record their encounters with the police, which is their right to do. Police really need to be properly informed about citizens having the RIGHT to record them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Agreed. I believe that like any profession, there will be a few bad cops, however, that isn't the case of most. I will never understand why anyone feels the necessity to not just pull over and comply ... outside of a guilty conscience. People with valid licenses, insurance and no warrants shouldn't be fearful of being pulled over.

I agree with you.

radind

It's
About
Time_

Your propaganda promotes violence and will lead to anarchy.
It is time for dialogue, not more murder.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not liking what I see on Youtube. Some Police are getting angry and more aggressive towards people who use their "Cellphones" to record their encounters with the police, which is their right to do. Police really need to be properly informed about citizens having the RIGHT to record them.

Those with cleans hand shouldn't mind being recorded because the evidence would work in their favor.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Rom. 13:1 "Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
Rom. 13:2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
Rom. 13:3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
Rom. 13:4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.
Rom. 13:5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When Police brutality shows up on an audio/video device, the accused Cop ought not to be given a paid leave of absence while they investigate. If they are found guilty, they must be removed from public service. Otherwise, the uncivil behavior will continue. The Police MUST get used to having citizens record their encounters with Police. That is proof that will stand up in a court of law and protect the citizen from being needlessly treated in a boorish type of way. The Police should be required to take "Public relations" classes. They should be made mandatory if they're not already. The "Us against them" attitude isn't acceptable in a civil society. If and when "Visual/audio" tools are used by ALL Police departments, they ought to be made "Tamper proof."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not everyone "trusts" the Police at this time and sometimes for good reason. There are some "thugs" within the system that really need to be found out and watched carefully. If they are found to be excessivly dangerous to the public, they need to be fired.

Danoh

What say you?

When I was a kid, a cop spilled a hot cup of coffee on me as he swore at me.

Another time a cop consouled me after he had to shoot my dog when it went nuts because the witch next door hit it over the head with a rake.

I could go on with counter examples of each.

Cops are people. Some are jerks; some are great people.

Some are criminals through and through; some border on sainthood.

As in all walks of life.

And YES - theirs IS a VERY dangerous job.

Only an idiot of a jerk would "one size fits all" cops.