Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have an ignore list?

Yes. The individuals voting "no" here:

http://theologyonline.com/poll.php?pollid=1395&do=showresults

I used to have one with over 100 names on it, but decided it better to just limit my ignore list to those who are adamantly denying what the word Christian means, despite their claims to the contrary. These entrenched persons deserve no platform I may provide them by my interaction with them that would bring scandal upon the faith (2 John 1:10-11).

AMR

theophilus

Yes. The individuals voting "no" here:

http://theologyonline.com/poll.php?pollid=1395&do=showresults

I used to have one with over 100 names on it, but decided it better to just limit my ignore list to those who are adamantly denying what the word Christian means, despite their claims to the contrary. These entrenched persons deserve no platform I may provide them by my interaction with them that would bring scandal upon the faith (2 John 1:10-11).

AMR

I suppose an ignore designation is more appropriate than simply "dusting one's feet?"

:idunno:

As much as I dislike giving up on someone...especially those who refuse to think about what they're reading and just let it whoosh by.

:sigh:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I suppose an ignore designation is more appropriate than simply "dusting one's feet?"

As much as I dislike giving up on someone...especially those who refuse to think about what they're reading and just let it whoosh by.

Both are appropriate ways to view them. If you are shaking the dust from your feet of these persons, you are removing them from your deliberations or considerations, hence ignoring them for they have nothing worthy of your consideration.

Persons that deny God, which implicitly means the Triune God, hate God. They are but unbelievers, all of whom hate that which we hold dear, with every breath they take. Their lachrymose claims of loving or not hating (as do the non-believers, claiming they do not hate what does not exist) God, their perceptions of God are but the claims of the idol worshiping pagan.

God the Holy Spirit indwells the believer. God! God's Triune house is not divided and has no truck with those that would deny His very being.

The entrenched anti-Triune person is but a non-believer trying to have his autonomous cake while eating it, exalting his own reason above that of His Maker.

AMR

marhig

How do you know, if one doesn't believe the "right" things about God, they're serving the right god?

And because the Holy Spirit leads us into ALL truth (granted for some that is a lengthier process than for others), if we do not have ALL truth, is there enough error that we may not truly be saved, regardless of our heart?

Because my bible says:

Jer. 17:9 The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?
10 “I, the Lord, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give to each man according to his ways,
According to the results of his deeds.

Then there's Job 5:
7 For man is born for trouble,
As sparks fly upward.

And this:

Luke 6:45 The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

Matt. 12:34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

The heart, as the seat of the will, in a right view of God and His things, exactly determines eternal life or eternal death. 99% of truth mixed with 1% of error is still error.

That's why we need to read scripture, ask questions of God, pray for wisdom (if you lack ask God Who gives to all liberally and without reproach) and attend/assemble under godly preaching. And if one is sincere (more self-delusion, I'm afraid) would not God, our Father, give good things to those who ask Him?

Absolutely!

Scriptute doesn't bid us "guard our hearts" for nothing.

:)
You will know them by their fruits, you will see Christ in the lives of those who belong to him, unfortunately you can't do that here.

But I have one thing to say, many would have judged Paul as a heretic and sinner, a murderer of God's people and denier of Jesus, yet he ended up being one of the strongest men in God. And the thief would have looked like a no hoper yet he was saved. God doesn't see what we see, he see's the depths of our hearts, where we judge, hold hardness etc. He sees the things that can be hidden from others, so only he can judge. He is not a respecter of persons and he doesn't judge by which denomination we're in, he judges our hearts, and he knows who is truly following his holy son and laying down their lives, denying their flesh and baring there cross. Staying close God, thinking of him and loving him always, and wanting to please him, he wants to see his son in us and he wants us dead to our old self.

I would defend God and Jesus against anyone who said anything evil about them, but I still hold out hope for everyone to know him. We might all be at different levels of understanding, but that doesn't mean we don't belong to God.

I'd be very careful how you judge and talking about brushing the dust off your feet etc, as some here look very proud and like the pharasee in the temple looking down at the publican, saying thank God I'm not like this sinner, yet it was the humble sinner who admitted his sin who was justified! And some of these people who have been judged by flesh as belonging to Satan could belong to God none of you know anyone elses hearts. And none of you know who God is looking at. It's better to be humble and ask God to show us where we're wrong in our lives, instead of judging everyone else. I believe that those of God should just speak the truth and leave the judging to him and let the word do the judging and God knows who has heard the truth.

marhig

So you believe that you should ignore those who don't believe as you do? Don't you believe that God will give you a mouth to speak the truth?

I don't need to ignore anyone, or look down on them as "dust"and"unsaved" whilst I'm saved and chosen either, I know I'm nothing, and I see myself just dust saved from death, through faith by the grace of God but with the hope that that God is able through Christ lift many out the dust and bring them to life by spirit. I have complete faith in God, and Jesus said that were not to think about what to say and that he will give us what to say when we need it, and I believe him and I have complete faith in him. So to ignore anyone to me shows that those who do it are weak and haven't got a mouth to answer.

marhig

Maybe I should rethink my own level of long-suffering.
Jesus suffered until his last breath, only he showed compassion even to those that hated him and crucified him saying, father forgive them for they know not what they do. He never said father condemn them to hell.

As we judge, so are we judged!

marhig

Both are appropriate ways to view them. If you are shaking the dust from your feet of these persons, you are removing them from your deliberations or considerations, hence ignoring them for they have nothing worthy of your consideration.

Persons that deny God, which implicitly means the Triune God, hate God. They are but unbelievers, all of whom hate that which we hold dear, with every breath they take. Their lachrymose claims of loving or not hating (as do the non-believers, claiming they do not hate what does not exist) God, their perceptions of God are but the claims of the idol worshiping pagan.

God the Holy Spirit indwells the believer. God! God's Triune house is not divided and has no truck with those that would deny His very being.

The entrenched anti-Triune person is but a non-believer trying to have his autonomous cake while eating it, exalting his own reason above that of His Maker.

AMR

Hate God do they? Can you show me where in the Bible that it says that I must believe in a triune God? Or that I'm only saved if I do believe in the trinity?

Because according to Jesus, life eternal is this, to know YOU (the father) the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ whom YOU have sent.

And I know that the father is the only true God, and that he sent Jesus who is the Christ and according to Jesus this is what i am to know and believe.

And according to the Bible, I'm saved by the grace of God through faith, not by believing in a triune God. You need to be careful how you judge others. You sound very judgemental in saying others hate God for not believing in the trinity when it's not in the Bible that we have to do so!

And you might hold the trinity dear, but God doesn't tell us that this is what we must to to be saved. It says in the Bible that we are to have faith in him and Christ and follow Jesus and be doers of the word! Those who are full of love, mercy compassion and forgiveness are of God, those who are hard, proud and judgmental are far from him! As I said, you'll know Gods true people by their fruits!