Day Of Rest

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
DAY OF REST

Heb 4:10
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
Rev 2:29
29 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
Heb 3:16-19
16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses?
17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Gal 1:10-12
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
2 Cor 12:7
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
John 15:13
13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
John 15:12
12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
Mark 8:35
35 "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it.
Rom 8:6-8
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:10
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:13-14
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
2 Cor 4:11
11 For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
2 Cor 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
Rom 8:1
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
Heb 4:9-10
9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
Heb 4:1-3
1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, they shall not enter My rest," although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
2 Cor 4:16
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.
1 Pet 1:17-19
17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear;
18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers,
19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
Rom 6:6-7
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Heb 4:10
Heb 4:4-6
4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works";
5 and again in this place: "They shall not enter My rest."
6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,
Heb 4:8
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 3:16-4:1
16 For who, having heard, rebelled? Indeed, was it not all who came out of Egypt, led by Moses?
17 Now with whom was He angry forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose corpses fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
CHAPTER 4
1 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
Heb 6:1-3
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this we will do if God permits.
Col 3:3-4
3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
Heb 8:11-12
11 "None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.
12 "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."
Rev 22:11-12
11 "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still."
12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
Rev 14:12-13
12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.
13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write: 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them."
Luke 10:20
20 "Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven."
Rev 22:10-11
10 And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
11 "He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still."
1 Tim 6:7-8
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.
Heb 13:5
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
John 6:37-39
37 "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
39 "This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
Rev 2:11
11 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death."'
Col 2:11-13
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
(NKJ)
XXX There is a day of rest. It comes after the three years of the milk understanding, and the eleven years of the meat understanding, and the revelations of Jesus Christ.

Rev 22:10-12
10 And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Heb 4:1-11

2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, they shall not enter My rest," although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works";
5 and again in this place: "They shall not enter My rest."
6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,
7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, "Today," after such a long time, as it has been said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts."
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Stop posting scripture without substantial dialogue Squeaky!

I said
I cant have dialogue until someone gets upset. That is usually when they start attacking me. There is no reason for dialogue until we have a subject. The scriptures supply the subject.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I said
I cant have dialogue until someone gets upset. That is usually when they start attacking me. There is no reason for dialogue until we have a subject. The scriptures supply the subject.

Starting threads, so you will have an opportunity to be attacked makes no sense.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Starting threads, so you will have an opportunity to be attacked makes no sense.

I said
That is all part of the walk. We read we go into theology, then we find the Holy Spirit. We start walking after Him, we crucify our carnality and emotions. We receive the revelations of Jesus Christ, we put them out there to see if anyone can refute them. If not we enter the day of our works being completed and the day of rest.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
At least he is breaking it up over several posts making it easier to read. It is hard to read large blocks of text on the computer all on one post.

Lilstu

I said

Write something outrageous about a Scripture and maybe someone will debate.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
At least he is breaking it up over several posts making it easier to read. It is hard to read large blocks of text on the computer all on one post.

I do not wish to see him banned really. It would be nice if he could write some introduction to his scriptural quotes.

For example: "the Bible make it clear we need to keep the Sabbath holy and here is why."

I don't think that is too much to ask?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
​He is doing what I asked him to do and that is break up the long posts over several posts.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Well, that is good. I know he never really means to to harass anyone, although he seems to feel it is his role to be harassed?

As to the topic, I see far more threads on why one should pay head to the Sabbath, and far less to paying respect to the Lord's Day.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I do not wish to see him banned really. It would be nice if he could write some introduction to his scriptural quotes.

For example: "the Bible make it clear we need to keep the Sabbath holy and here is why."

I don't think that is too much to ask?

I said
That revelation is not about the Sabbath. It is about the day of rest.

clefty

I said
That revelation is not about the Sabbath. It is about the day of rest.

Lol...don't forget it's about the milk and meat...your Sunday ham which divorces what God joined together...

Let no man do so...

day of rest remains the seventh day...for a day