ECT Dispensation of Grace

heir

TOL Subscriber
I didn't notice the in me first Christ until you had pointed it out earlier. It got me to thinking. I looked at other versions and then the greek word. It's the same word used in verse 15 for chief.

Strongs
1 Timothy 1:15 Adj-NMS
GRK: σῶσαι ὧν πρῶτός εἰμι ἐγώ
NAS: among whom I am foremost [of all].
KJV: I am chief.
INT: to save of whom [the] foremost am I

1 Timothy 1:16 Adj-DMS
GRK: ἐν ἐμοὶ πρώτῳ ἐνδείξηται Χριστὸς
NAS: so that in me as the foremost, Jesus
KJV: in me first Jesus Christ
INT: in me [the] foremost might show forth Christ

I understand it as Paul saying I'm an example of the greatest sinner being saved in Christ.
A pattern is a prototype is it not? It is clear from the verse that Paul is first for a pattern to them which should thereafter ("hereafter") believe on Him to life everlasting! There's no need to fight it. Just believe it.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

beloved57

The dispensation of Grace began before the world began, with Grace given Gods Elect in Christ their Mediator 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Cross Reference

The dispensation of Grace began before the world began, with Grace given Gods Elect in Christ their Mediator 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Redemption being the calling as in: "Come unto me".

turbosixx

Our understanding of things is very difficult to get across on a forum when they’re so far apart. Although we agree on a lot of things there are also a lot of disagreements. I appreciate your time in this discussion.

I’ve been thinking about all of your post and trying to figure out what is the root of our differences. I think it comes down to the kingdom and who are God’s people and Paul might just be a symptom. So if you’re willing to discuss this, I would like to see where we agree and disagree on the kingdom and who is God’s chosen people.

My current understanding is in the OT Jews were God’s people and in the NT Christians are, not Christians and Jews. The prophesied kingdom was a spiritual kingdom that’s why the Jews rejected Christ; they were looking for a physical kingdom. I believe people are making the same mistake today. They think the Jews are still God’s chosen people and will one day get their physical kingdom. The mystery of the new kingdom was that the Gentiles would be fellow heirs, fellow heirs with Jews who became Christians. Let’s look at one verse you mentioned.

First of all, those of Pentecost were not saved as we are today. They look forward to the blotting out of sins (Acts 3:19-21 KJV) whereas we look back to the cross having already received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV)

What would it take to have their sins blotted out. The verse tells us, be converted.

Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,

That's what they did on Pentecost and their sins were forgiven (blotted out), they became Christians in Christ's spiritual kingdom.
“Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins;

Right Divider

Body part
Our understanding of things is very difficult to get across on a forum when they’re so far apart. Although we agree on a lot of things there are also a lot of disagreements. I appreciate your time in this discussion.

I’ve been thinking about all of your post and trying to figure out what is the root of our differences. I think it comes down to the kingdom and who are God’s people and Paul might just be a symptom. So if you’re willing to discuss this, I would like to see where we agree and disagree on the kingdom and who is God’s chosen people.

My current understanding is in the OT Jews were God’s people and in the NT Christians are, not Christians and Jews. The prophesied kingdom was a spiritual kingdom that’s why the Jews rejected Christ; they were looking for a physical kingdom. I believe people are making the same mistake today. They think the Jews are still God’s chosen people and will one day get their physical kingdom. The mystery of the new kingdom was that the Gentiles would be fellow heirs, fellow heirs with Jews who became Christians. Let’s look at one verse you mentioned.

What would it take to have their sins blotted out. The verse tells us, be converted.

Acts 3:19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,

That's what they did on Pentecost and their sins were forgiven (blotted out), they became Christians in Christ's spiritual kingdom.
“Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins;
I can see why you're so confused.

You don't understand the covenants at all.

Right Divider

Body part
Don't be so sure I'm the one confused.

What did Jesus mean by "the kingdom is at hand" if it wasn't going to be established soon?
It was contingent on Israel's repentance and conversion, which did NOT happen. God was not going to go ahead and have a kingdom full of unbelievers.

It's all right there in the Bible.

heir

TOL Subscriber

It would be fruitless to go into a discussion with someone about spiritual things when it is becoming apparent that you may not even trust that what the Lord did in your place 2000 years ago was enough to save you eternally as I saw your comment in the once saved maybe saved thread that you don't believe in eternal security.