My posts being avoided by our Jewish contributors. They are only O.T. quotes...

beameup

I've noticed that half-dozen of my posts are going unresponded-to by out Hebrew contributors.
Since they are wholly based on quotes from the Old Testament (Tanakh), I'm wondering why???

HaShem - 'The Name'
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118923-HaShem-The-Name

YHWH descended onto Sinai and there called upon the name of YHWH

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-Sinai-and-there-called-upon-the-name-of-YHWH

The 'Arm of the LORD' - God's 'Outstreached Arm' & 'Mighty Hand'
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...e-LORD-God-s-Outstreached-Arm-amp-Mighty-Hand

"YHWH possessed me at the beginning of His way, from everlasting I was established"
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...s-way-from-everlasting-I-was-established-quot

Elia

I've noticed that half-dozen of my posts are going unresponded-to by out Hebrew contributors.
Since they are wholly based on quotes from the Old Testament (Tanakh), I'm wondering why???

HaShem - 'The Name'
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118923-HaShem-The-Name

YHWH descended onto Sinai and there called upon the name of YHWH

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-Sinai-and-there-called-upon-the-name-of-YHWH

The 'Arm of the LORD' - God's 'Outstreached Arm' & 'Mighty Hand'
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...e-LORD-God-s-Outstreached-Arm-amp-Mighty-Hand

"YHWH possessed me at the beginning of His way, from everlasting I was established"
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...s-way-from-everlasting-I-was-established-quot

Bs"d

Most of these posts are too stupid to waste any time on.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Mark M

Bs"d

Most of these posts are too stupid to waste any time on.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19
You sound stupid

Sent from my Coolpad 3320A using Tapatalk

chair

I've responded to some. But your posts are mostly silly misreadings of the Biblical texts, and I don't have endless time to keep pointing this out.

If you want to think that you "won"- by all means do so. It will feed your ego and bigotry quite nicely. Enjoy!

beameup

You cannot answer your own Tanakh?

They have no clue when it comes to reading comprehension of the Tanakh.
Jews have to rely on 2,000 years of "excuses" from their Talmud, or consult their "rabbis".
They have absolutely no knowledge of their own "ancient roots" in pre-70 AD Judaism.
Simple ancient God-given concepts like a goel (ga'al) are completely foreign to them.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
My posts being avoided by our Jewish contributors. They are only O.T. quotes...

They have no clue when it comes to reading comprehension of the Tanakh.
Jews have to rely on 2,000 years of "excuses" from their Talmud, or consult their "rabbis".
They have absolutely no knowledge of their own "ancient roots" in pre-70 AD Judaism.
Simple ancient God-given concepts like a goel (ga'al) are completely foreign to them.

That's an over simplification.
Blindness in part does not mean no knowledge of their ancient roots. At least not "all" of "them." Many have chosen to accept the teachings of the later Rabbi's of Judaism who changed the God Man Messiah of Isaiah 53 to the nation instead of Yeshua. Most are unaware of this change that happened circa 700 BC (if I remember correctly from my teachers).

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

chair

You posts are mostly silly misreadings of the Biblical texts, and I don't have endless time to keep pointing this out.

If you want to think that you "won"- by all means do so. It will feed your ego and bigotry quite nicely. Enjoy!

beameup

Blindness in part does not mean no knowledge of their ancient roots. At least not "all" of "them." Many have chosen to accept the teachings of the later Rabbi's of Judaism who changed the God Man Messiah of Isaiah 53 to the nation instead of Yeshua. Most are unaware of this change that happened circa 700 BC (if I remember correctly from my teachers).

That's an oversimplification as well.
"Judaism" faced a very serious crisis following 70 A.D.
The "Talmud" was produced in order to "rewrite" Judaism - minus the Sacrificial System of the Torah.
For 2,000 years now, the diaspora has relied on their venerated "rabbis", who rely on their venerated "Talmud" to guide them. That way, most Jews never even have to read or "figure out" the Word of God, the Tanakh.

If there was no key information contained within the Tanakh, then nobody would have been prepared to receive Messiah and the appearance would have been a failure. Anybody can sort through the very same scriptures that 1st century Jews were faced with, and clearly see the Plan of God there unfolding.
However, rather than actually face this multitude of "key passages" of Scripture, *posters* simply label them as "STUPID" or make STUPID responses.

On an "orthodox" forum, you are generally totally ignored, as they have a "know-it-all" attitude. The minute you are suspected of being a "missionary" (very derogatory), you will see that they have a million excuses to dismiss any passage that you point out, from the Tanakh, as they have been "programmed" by their "rabbis" (ie: brain-washed) to do so.

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Was it Rashi who started naming the Isaiah 53 suffering servant as the nation rather than the traditional view of Him as the Messiah?

beameup

Was it Rashi who started naming the Isaiah 53 suffering servant as the nation rather than the traditional view of Him as the Messiah?

The Jews deny this, but can only trace this belief back to the 2nd century A.D. The Talmud was "reworked" following 70 A.D. to cover-up any conceivable reference to Yeshua of Nazareth, or anything that could be construed as such.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The Jews deny this, but can only trace this belief back to the 2nd century A.D. The Talmud was "reworked" following 70 A.D. to cover-up any conceivable reference to Yeshua of Nazareth, or anything that could be construed as such.

I love the Jews.

Ben Masada

Intojoy, if after you read Isaiah 53, you read Psalm 44:10-27, I am almost sure you will change your mind if not to all but at least to yourself about your saying that Rabbis have changed Isaiah 53 from Yeshua to the nation of Israel. What you read in the singular in Isaiah 53, it is explained in the plural in Psalm 44:10-27) And before you close the book, take a look at Isaiah 41: 8,9 and 44:1,2,21 and you will see that the Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53 is Israel as a people and not Yeshua as an individual.

The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37) Last but not least, if you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Son of God. (Exodus 4:22,23) "Israel is My Son; let My Son go that he may serve Me." That's the truth from the Scriptures Intojoy, and there is no way you can refute it.

Ben Masada

No Intojoy, it was not Rashi who first started naming the Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53 the Nation rather than the traditional Christian view of Yeshua as the one but 1)Isaiah himself if you read Isaiah 41:8,9; 44:1,2,21; 2)Psalm 44:10-27; and 3)Prophet Habakkuk 3:13. Today, the legitimate view of Prophet Isaiah, the Psalmist, and Prophet Habakkuk is spreading like wild fire for the honor of HaShem Who declared Himself, "Israel is My Son..."

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No Intojoy, it was not Rashi who first started naming the Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53 the Nation rather than the traditional Christian view of Yeshua as the one but 1)Isaiah himself if you read Isaiah 41:8,9; 44:1,2,21; 2)Psalm 44:10-27; and 3)Prophet Habakkuk 3:13. Today, the legitimate view of Prophet Isaiah, the Psalmist, and Prophet Habakkuk is spreading like wild fire for the honor of HaShem Who declared Himself, "Israel is My Son..."

You can call me Michael Ben.
Dr Fruchtenbaum pointed to the Jewish writings up to the 4th century where the Isaiah 53 passage was generally looked upon as the Messiah and that because of the church's antisemitic policies the Rabbis began teaching your view. Is that untrue?
I would have to look up his sources.

Ben Masada

You can call me Michael Ben.
Dr Fruchtenbaum pointed to the Jewish writings up to the 4th century where the Isaiah 53 passage was generally looked upon as the Messiah and that because of the church's antisemitic policies the Rabbis began teaching your view. Is that untrue? I would have to look up his sources.

Sorry Michael but I am not aware of what Dr. Fruchtenbaum said but, to tell you the truth, my view of Israel as the Messiah comes from the Tanach itself. As you can see, even before the NT was written, the Messiah was already Israel.

beameup

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the veil is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it [Israel] shall turn to the Lord Jesus Christ, the veil shall be taken away. - 2 Corinthians 3:14

beameup

Yes,we understand that you think that you are right and we are wrong. But hwo much time can we waste on your fascinating posts?

I post direct quotes from your own Tanakh.
One constant Jewish reply is that "it's all a dream".
Maybe Sinai was all "just a dream" and Moses made the Tablets?
Another reply seems to be that all the quotes I post refer to Israel/Jews.
Maybe God himself is "just a dream" because he is so "above-it-all" and etherial?

This seems to be the standard Jewish understanding of Isaiah 53:
1) you are being punished by God
2) your soul is being made an offering for sin
3) your soul sees travail
4) you are "justifying many"
5) you are "baring their iniquities"?
6) you soul is being poured out unto death
7) you are bearing the sins of many

Some goy might think that you have a "Messianic Complex", no? :)