NYC Pizzeria’s ‘Pic-A-Nika’ Topped With Southern-Fried Chicken And Watermelon

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Pizza by Certé in Manhattan has apologized for creating a racist pizza but will not remove it from the menu because it’s a crowd favorite, reports Raw Story.

The “Pic-a-Nika” pizza is topped with “Southern fried chicken, sea-salted watermelon, arugula, goat cheese, ricotta and bleu cheese on a sunflower seed crust.”

Criticism rightfully exploded online, with many people mentioned the old urban legend that the word “picnic” originated from the term “pick-a-ni**er.” As legend goes, white people would make an event out of “picking a ni**er” to lynch.

According to Victor Guzman, the manager of Pizza by Certé, the name was meant to play on how Italians would say the word.

Right. They had no idea that a pizza named “Pic-a-Nika” — topped with fried chicken and watermelon — was racist.

We don’t believe them; they need more people.

What an idiot liberal reporter who makes things up and doesn't check out facts, a quick search online even shows where the word picnic comes from and originated in the 1600s in France and it had nothing to do with anyone black, but was about potluck, bringing your own wine, etc.

Too bad most people eat fried chicken and watermelon at picnics in the summer in the US.

The comments on the article also show the lemmings in tow who don't care about little things called facts.

Whats next, should we ban fried chicken and watermelon? Or better yet, ban idiot liberal reporters who want to incite a race war so bad that they make things up? Its now a racist thing to eat chicken and watermelon at a picnic?

Seems they are the real racists, they see it in everything and look for it everywhere.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I want to try that pizza ... with ranch dipping sauce on the side and minus the watermelon.

Quetzal

What an idiot liberal reporter who makes things up and doesn't check out facts, a quick search online even shows where the word picnic comes from and originated in the 1600s in France and it had nothing to do with anyone black, but was about potluck, bringing your own wine, etc.

Too bad most people eat fried chicken and watermelon at picnics in the summer in the US.

The comments on the article also show the lemmings in tow who don't care about little things called facts.

Whats next, should we ban fried chicken and watermelon? Or better yet, ban idiot liberal reporters who want to incite a race war so bad that they make things up? Its now a racist thing to eat chicken and watermelon at a picnic?

Seems they are the real racists, they see it in everything and look for it everywhere.
Um, really? I mean, from a strictly technical stand point you might be right, but come on. Say the phrase out loud and then combine that with the ingredients, it is inappropriate.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Um, really? I mean, from a strictly technical stand point you might be right, but come on. Say the phrase out loud and then combine that with the ingredients, it is inappropriate.

I did and its how an italian would say it, like he said. It doesnt detract either from the fact that most people eat watermelon and fried chicken at a picnic, nor from his lie that the word picnic came from racism, the word existed long before America did.

The original word is pique-nique a french word and had nothing to do with racism.

Do you think eating watermelon and chicken at a picnic is racist? Or are you looking for 'hidden' racism too?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

:think: I guess I can see how a certain type of moron would get that mistaken impression.

Quetzal

I did and its how an italian would say it, like he said. It doesnt detract either from the fact that most people eat watermelon and fried chicken at a picnic, nor from his lie that the word picnic came from racism, the word existed long before America did.

The original word is pique-nique a french word and had nothing to do with racism.

Do you think eating watermelon and chicken at a picnic is racist? Or are you looking for 'hidden' racism too?
My position is simple, I can see why people might be offended by it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
My position is simple, I can see why people might be offended by it.

yeah, i can see too how some people just want something to be a certain way so bad that they sink low enough to completely make something up to make it sound better. And they have plenty of unlearned morons to jump on the bandwagon.

Everyone who eats watermelon and fried chicken at a picnic is a racist, right?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
pizza is awesome. fruit and cheese and even tomato sauce or marinara, also awesome. fried chicken, awesome again. nailed it ! i'll have an extra large double topping - dine in

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
My position is simple and straight forward. You can think whatever you want.

You really want the position that a lie is ok if it furthers your cause? The reporter lied in that article.

Do you think eating watermelon and chicken together is racist, or if its a white person eating it, its racist then?

How is food racist?

Quetzal

You really want the position that a lie is ok if it furthers your cause? The reporter lied in that article.

Do you think eating watermelon and chicken together is racist, or if its a white person eating it, its racist then?

How is food racist?
It isn't. My problem is with the name of the product. It sounds close to a racial slur even if that wasn't the intent.