the church

Right Divider

Body part
the church doesn't know what that means but she does teach
The RCC does not now what it means; that is true.

-Ephesians 1:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Keep reading on into Ephesians 2. It comes right after Ephesians 1.

Eph 2:1-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:1) And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins; (2:2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: (2:3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. (2:4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (2:6) And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: (2:7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Right Divider

Body part
Nah, it's just stories of religious people eventually migrating to Rome. I've seen hundreds of episodes.
Never once has someone said I believed 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) and trusted Christ, but then "came home" to Rome.

It's telling.
Not familiar with the program, but I am familiar with those that are "Cathoholic" (like my mother-in-law that lives with us).

There is no reasoning from the scriptures with them as they prefer the "church".

Cruciform

The Catholics do not do the works God says to do they do what God says not to do.
Come back when you no longer reject the Triune God of the Christian faith in favor of a mere idol of your own imagining. Until then, your decidedly non-Christian opinions will remain just that. In short: the opinions of non-Christians mean exactly nothing.

Cruciform

There is no reasoning from the scriptures with them as they prefer the "church".
Why would I as a Catholic debate the proper interpretation of the Bible with you, a member of one of the myriad recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects, as though the interpretations that you derive from your preferred Protestant sect carry any binding doctrinal authority whatsoever, and are anything more than the mere opinions (traditions) of men?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Why would I as a Catholic debate the proper interpretation of the Bible with you, a member of one of the myriad recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects, as though the interpretations that you derive from your preferred Protestant sect carry any binding doctrinal authority whatsoever, and are anything more than the mere opinions (traditions) of men?
If the protestants say catholic church then they're catholic.
...I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting. ...

Cruciform

If the protestants say catholic church then they're catholic.
...I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting. ...
What do you suppose the "church" referred to by those who composed the Nicene Creed believed and taught? Was it Catholic, or Protestant, in its beliefs and teachings? :think:

God's Truth

Come back when you no longer reject the Triune God of the Christian faith in favor of a mere idol of your own imagining. Until then, your decidedly non-Christian opinions will remain just that. In short: the opinions of non-Christians mean exactly nothing.

How do you obey God?

Cruciform

Christains without a label
  • ...and exactly what did these alleged 4th-century "Christians without a label" believe, teach, and defend as doctrine? (Do you even know?)
  • Were those beliefs distinctively Catholic, or did they somehow resemble Protestant teachings some twelve centuries before Protestantism's actual existence?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
  • ...and exactly what did these alleged 4th-century "Christians without a label" believe, teach, and defend as doctrine? (Do you even know?)
  • Were those beliefs distinctively Catholic, or did they somehow resemble Protestant teachings some twelve centuries before Protestantism's actual existence?
Picky picky picky. They used the bible

Truster

There is a difference between catholic (universal) and Roman Catholic. The catholic referred to in the creed can refer to either, depending on the state of the reader. To my eyes it refers to the universal ecclesia and not a cult as Roman catholicism or one of the 41,000 plus Protestant denominations or even all of the denominations. As a creed it is not worth the paper it's written on.There is a scriptural creed, " The just shall live by trust".