There is no Hell

dodge

DODGE

You have been told a great many times that the word HELL is not in the original text. Are you deaf and blind?

CHERUBRAM

Because you ignore the context of scripture does not mean I will ignore scripture and follow you.

Timotheos

CHERUBRAM

Because you ignore the context of scripture does not mean I will ignore scripture and follow you.

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

What would it take to get you to accept that the bodies and souls of those sent to hell will be destroyed in hell instead of being tormented alive forever? Whose Word would you accept on this?

dodge

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

What would it take to get you to accept that the bodies and souls of those sent to hell will be destroyed in hell instead of being tormented alive forever? Whose Word would you accept on this?

If you believed and understood scripture you would know and understand that the soul NEVER dies. The saved will live forever and the lost will live forever in hell as per scripture.

YOU cannot get me to go against scripture and agree with you so the answer is NOTHING you can do to get me to follow you and go against scripture.

CherubRam

CHERUBRAM

#1. Scriptures are not correctly translated.
#2. The word Hell is not in the original text.
#3. You are failing to take into consideration that you are reading a parable.
#4. Gehenna is parabolic for destruction.
#5. Wrong translations is not proper context.
#6. Logic fails you.

CherubRam

Don't forget, the word "Hell" is not even in the original text. Hell is a false notion that does not exist in the original Christianity. Hell was introduced into our bibles by the Pagan Catholics.

CherubRam

The number of times "Hell" appears in the English Bible
Translations

Bible Translations
Old Testament
New Testament
Total's

"Authorized" King James Version
New King James Version
American Standard Version
New American Standard Bible
Revised Standard Version
New Revised Standard Version
Revised English Bible
New Living Translation
Amplified
New International Version (best-selling English Bible)
Darby
New Century Version
Wesley's New Testament (1755)

Scarlett's N.T. (1798)

The New Testament in Greek and English (Kneeland, 1823)

Young's Literal Translation (1891)
Twentieth Century New Testament (1900)

Rotherham's Emphasized Bible (reprinted, 1902)
Fenton's Holy Bible in Modern English (1903)
Weymouth's New Testament in Modern Speech (1903)

Jewish Publication Society Bible Old Testament (1917)

Panin's Numeric English New Testament (1914)

The People's New Covenant (Overbury, 1925)

Hanson's New Covenant (1884)

Western N.T. (1926)

NT of our Lord and Savior Anointed (Tomanek, 1958)

Concordant Literal NT (1983)

The N.T., A Translation (Clementson, 1938)

Emphatic Diaglott, Greek/English Interlinear (Wilson, 1942)

New American Bible (1970)
Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible (1976)
Tanakh. The Holy Scriptures, Old Testament (1985)

The New Testament, A New Translation (Greber, 1980)

Christian Bible (1991)
World English Bible (in progress)
Original Bible Project (Dr. James Tabor, still in translation)

Zondervan Parallel N.T. in Greek and English (1975)

Int. NASB-NIV Parallel N.T. in Greek and English (1993)**

The word hell was not originally in the Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic text, as the so called biased translators have tried to establish it as scripture; but they were not good enough to cover up the reality of what God is saying. The source of this word hell and the concept of eternal torture is not Christian, but Pagan.

Ben Masada

There is no Hell! Not true. There is Hell. What there is not is the "Inferno of Dante" which is a Hellenist Hell-fire copied by Christianity. But Hell aka Sheol aka the Grave is real and we all are on the way to it.

CherubRam

There is no Hell! Not true. There is Hell. What there is not is the "Inferno of Dante" which is a Hellenist Hell-fire copied by Christianity. But Hell aka Sheol aka the Grave is real and we all are on the way to it.

Your point of view is that of a Pagan Jew. Orthodox Jews do not believe in a Hell.

dodge

#1. Scriptures are not correctly translated.
#2. The word Hell is not in the original text.
#3. You are failing to take into consideration that you are reading a parable.
#4. Gehenna is parabolic for destruction.
#5. Wrong translations is not proper context.
#6. Logic fails you.

Faith and trust in God and His word fail you due to following those who have NO clue what scriptures teach !

dodge

The number of times "Hell" appears in the English Bible
Translations

Bible Translations
Old Testament
New Testament
Total's

"Authorized" King James Version
New King James Version
American Standard Version
New American Standard Bible
Revised Standard Version
New Revised Standard Version
Revised English Bible
New Living Translation
Amplified
New International Version (best-selling English Bible)
Darby
New Century Version
Wesley's New Testament (1755)

Scarlett's N.T. (1798)

The New Testament in Greek and English (Kneeland, 1823)

Young's Literal Translation (1891)
Twentieth Century New Testament (1900)

Rotherham's Emphasized Bible (reprinted, 1902)
Fenton's Holy Bible in Modern English (1903)
Weymouth's New Testament in Modern Speech (1903)

Jewish Publication Society Bible Old Testament (1917)

Panin's Numeric English New Testament (1914)

The People's New Covenant (Overbury, 1925)

Hanson's New Covenant (1884)

Western N.T. (1926)

NT of our Lord and Savior Anointed (Tomanek, 1958)

Concordant Literal NT (1983)

The N.T., A Translation (Clementson, 1938)

Emphatic Diaglott, Greek/English Interlinear (Wilson, 1942)

New American Bible (1970)
Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible (1976)
Tanakh. The Holy Scriptures, Old Testament (1985)

The New Testament, A New Translation (Greber, 1980)

Christian Bible (1991)
World English Bible (in progress)
Original Bible Project (Dr. James Tabor, still in translation)

Zondervan Parallel N.T. in Greek and English (1975)

Int. NASB-NIV Parallel N.T. in Greek and English (1993)**

The word hell was not originally in the Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic text, as the so called biased translators have tried to establish it as scripture; but they were not good enough to cover up the reality of what God is saying. The source of this word hell and the concept of eternal torture is not Christian, but Pagan.

Isn't it amazing the more new translations the less truth !

CherubRam

Fool
fo͞ol/
noun
noun: fool; plural noun: fools

1. a person who acts unwisely or imprudently; a silly person.

synonyms: idiot, !!!, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, moron, clod; More

dodge

Fool
fo͞ol/
noun
noun: fool; plural noun: fools

1. a person who acts unwisely or imprudently; a silly person.

synonyms: idiot, !!!, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, moron, clod; More

I would say fool aptly describes those that deny hell is the eternal home of those that deny God.

CherubRam

I would say fool aptly describes those that deny hell is the eternal home of those that deny God.

Death is a state of being. There are two deaths. The first death is called soul sleep. In the final judgement everyone is brought back into being for the final judgement. The sheep obtain life immortal, and the goats are cut off from their lives forever. The LAKE as a parable represents a body of people, just like other places in the bible where bodies of water represents different groups of people. As for the word FIRE, it is often used in different forms to mean JUDGEMENT.

It is believed that people who can not come to terms with the use of parables in the bible, that they are the ones perishing. It is thought that they are spiritually blind because they can not understand what is actually being said.

Isaiah 6:9
He said, “Go and tell this people: “‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding; be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’

Timotheos

If you believed and understood scripture you would know and understand that the soul NEVER dies. The saved will live forever and the lost will live forever in hell as per scripture.

YOU cannot get me to go against scripture and agree with you so the answer is NOTHING you can do to get me to follow you and go against scripture.

You are going against scripture when you claim that the soul never dies. Perhaps you have never read in Ezekiel 18:4 that the soul who sins shall die. If you believed and understood scripture you would know and understand that not only CAN a soul die, the soul who sins SHALL die, unless he repents and has his sins forgiven.

You just said that even if Jesus Christ Himself said that the body and soul will be destroyed, AND HE DID, you will not agree that a soul will be destroyed. You just cut yourself off from Jesus Christ. JEsus said in Matthew 10:28 says "Fear the one who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna." I'll ask you again, what would it take to get you to accept that the souls and bodies of those sent to Gehenna will be destroyed instead of being tormented alive forever. Whose word would you accept? Remember that the Bible specifically states that a soul CAN die. What do you think? Are you ready to accept the words of Jesus Christ or do you want to try to oppose Him?

Timotheos

Don't forget, the word "Hell" is not even in the original text. Hell is a false notion that does not exist in the original Christianity. Hell was introduced into our bibles by the Pagan Catholics.

Yes, I know. I was trying to keep it simple for Dodge. He claims there is a hell, but forgets that even if there were a hell, there wouldn't be eternal torture there, since Jesus Christ specifically told us that the soul and body would be destroyed in Gehenna. Dodge denies the words of Christ in Matthew 10:28.

Timotheos

I just believe what the Bible says. What verse are you thinking of that says "hell is the eternal home of those that deny God"?

While you are searching for a verse to use to defend your doctrine, think about this. The Bible specifically states that the wicked will be no more. According to you, Hell is the eternal home of the wicked. You claim that the wicked will live forever in hell, but the Bible says they will be no more.

I would say that fool aptly describes those who claim that hell is the eternal home of the wicked, since anyone who claims that denies what the Bible says.

The stupid man cannot know;
the fool cannot understand this:
that though the wicked sprout like grass
and all evildoers flourish,
they are doomed to destruction forever;
Psalm 92:6-7

The Bible says in Psalm 96:6-7 that the Stupid and the Foolish cannot know or understand that evildoers are doomed to destruction. I would say that fool aptly decribes those who deny the destruction of the unrepentant.

dodge

I just believe what the Bible says. What verse are you thinking of that says "hell is the eternal home of those that deny God"?

While you are searching for a verse to use to defend your doctrine, think about this. The Bible specifically states that the wicked will be no more. According to you, Hell is the eternal home of the wicked. You claim that the wicked will live forever in hell, but the Bible says they will be no more.

I would say that fool aptly describes those who claim that hell is the eternal home of the wicked, since anyone who claims that denies what the Bible says.

The stupid man cannot know;
the fool cannot understand this:
that though the wicked sprout like grass
and all evildoers flourish,
they are doomed to destruction forever;
Psalm 92:6-7

The Bible says in Psalm 96:6-7 that the Stupid and the Foolish cannot know or understand that evildoers are doomed to destruction. I would say that fool aptly decribes those who deny the destruction of the unrepentant.

No matter how you twist and divert scripture says YOU are wrong.

Eternal Punishment
Matt. 25:46, "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

The word "eternal" in both places is "aionios" which means 1) without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be; 2) without beginning; 3) without end, never to cease, everlasting. The word "punishment" is the word "kolasis" and it means "to punish, with the implication of resulting severe suffering--'to punish, punishment.'"

Jesus said, "And if your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 "And if your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to go into hell." (Matt. 5:29-