I'm a Catholic Apologist, let's chat!!

Rosenritter

My understanding of Apologetics is that it involves an attempt to honestly persuade others to their faith, including methods of scripture and logical reason. If someone is trying to be honestly persuasive then they themselves also have to leave themselves open to the same chance to be fairly persuaded. After all, if I am not going to listen to you and give you a fair chance to be heard, why should you listen to me? If I prove myself as unreasonable and cling to proven error, what hope do I have of convincing others that they are wrong on anything else?

So for those of you that may disagree with where someone is coming from, don't act inhospitable if that someone comes under the peaceful flag of apologetics. They have just given you permission to attempt to persuade them as well... although you may have to also employ those "fair tactics" above however inconvenient that may be.

Thank you for the introduction Krysto.

Rosenritter

John 7:51 KJV
(51) Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?

Mark 9:38-40 KJV
(38) And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
(39) But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
(40) For he that is not against us is on our part.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'm Ricky. My hobbies are apologetics and politics. I would love to chat with any of you guys of different faiths. Add me on skype and we can chat anything from theology, maybe have a bible study. If some people here are Catholic we should chat and maybe have a rosary club. Send me a private message of your Skye name so the I can add you! Thank you, God Bless!

Have you read "The Anguish of the Jews"? It was written by a Catholic priest.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

musterion

John 7:51 KJV
(51) Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?

Mark 9:38-40 KJV
(38) And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
(39) But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
(40) For he that is not against us is on our part.

Anyone who says he's here to defend a church that preaches a false gospel, and which damns the saving Gospel of grace as anathema, is not welcome. Making excuses for such by misusing Scripture brings you under the same judgment.

theophilus

My understanding of Apologetics is that it involves an attempt to honestly persuade others to their faith, including methods of scripture and logical reason. If someone is trying to be honestly persuasive then they themselves also have to leave themselves open to the same chance to be fairly persuaded. After all, if I am not going to listen to you and give you a fair chance to be heard, why should you listen to me? If I prove myself as unreasonable and cling to proven error, what hope do I have of convincing others that they are wrong on anything else?

So for those of you that may disagree with where someone is coming from, don't act inhospitable if that someone comes under the peaceful flag of apologetics. They have just given you permission to attempt to persuade them as well... although you may have to also employ those "fair tactics" above however inconvenient that may be.

Thank you for the introduction Krysto.

As iron sharpens iron.

:)