Abolishing Christ's Work

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 3
1 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?

5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 6 just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” 7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. 8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” 12 Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”[h]), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.​

One could quote basically the entire book of Galatians and perhaps all of the Pauline epistles but this, along with what has already been posted should be more than sufficient.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Amen!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Abolishing Christ's Work

Bs"d

In that case, there is not a single Christian who loves God and his neighbour, because no Christian lives by the law of God.

They prefer lawlessness and paganism.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

B'sd

Respect Elia.

But do you not know that Jesus commanded Love to God, love to self and Love to our neighbor?

In fact, that is the only thing He Commanded!

What Love is there in human attempts to be like God?

Ultimately the standards are too high and bread judgment and condemnation of ourselves and others.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Epoisses

Bs"d

JC says the law stands for ever, Paul throws the law overboard:

The law stands for ever. That is what God said:

“So you shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread, for on this same day I will have brought your armies out of the land of Egypt. Therefore you shall observe this day throughout your generations as an everlasting ordinance."
Ex 12:17

"In the tabernacle of meeting, outside the veil which is before the Testimony, Aaron and his sons shall tend it from evening until morning before the Lord. It shall be a statute forever to their generations on behalf of the children of Israel."
Ex 27:21]

"This shall be a perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall eat neither fat nor blood.’”
Leviticus 3:17

"You shall eat neither bread nor parched grain nor fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your God; it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings."
Leviticus 23:14

“‘Now if you as a community unintentionally fail to keep any of these commands the Lord gave Moses— 23 any of the Lord’s commands to you through him, from the day the Lord gave them and continuing through the generations to come" Numbers 15:23

There is much, much more like this, saying the law stands forever, for all generations.

There is no such a thing as: "The messiah will come and abolish the law". It just doesn't exist.

And, of course, JC himself also said the exact opposite of what the Christians say:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Matt 5

So also JC agrees: The law stands forever.

It is only Paul who comes up with the idea that the law is abolished, but who is Paul that he thinks he can abolish the law??

"But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."

Ecc 12:12-14, New American Standard Bible

God's law of love does stand forever. James called it the royal law

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Gal. 5:4 blows your thread out of the water.

Indeed Epoisses!

Galatians 5:4

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

That is a scary verse. It makes pray for those imprissoned by the strong man that binds in slavery with the rope of stone.

Also, why ya gotta always be such a pain?

[emoji12]

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

But mixing the Royal Law with the Stone Law is like mixing oil and water.

B'sd

I challenge you to interpret this scripture that I am posting to you.

It is a puzzle for the carnally blind with Spiritual vision to solve.

It is a spiritual mystery.

Surely the heretical Yeshki can't stump you. [emoji3]

Mark 2:22

22 No one puts new wine into old [a]wineskins; otherwise the [fermenting] wine will [expand and] burst the skins, and the wine is lost as well as the wineskins. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.”

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Abolishing Christ's Work

Double Amen!!!!

James 2:8

8 If, however, you are [really] fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself [that is, if you have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit]” you are doing well.

~ This is indeed our Kings Decree

You're still a pain in the tookas! [emoji33]

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Why is that?

The foundation of Christ is laid in the gospels.

Paul essentially spells out what Jesus taught in parable.

The fact that people miss it when Paul is shouting it blows my mind.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Are you saying the old covenant did not negate love?

Jamie, the old covenant was a challenge. To truly Love mankind, one has to Recognize that the judgment it bares is incompatible with the Loving Nature of God. Only God is righteous by its precepts.

It bares hostility when imbibed by us.

Look up the parable of the old and new wine skins.

Apply this logic to it and notice how rapidly it becomes clear

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Nothing "abolishes" the work of the Lord Jesus, that wording odd. In any case, a person not of a true faith is not in a state of grace, is not saved, one that seeks salvation by other than grace and faith in the work of the Lord Jesus. For the relationship of law versus faith, in terms of salvation, the futility of law to save, here is a good treatise in scripture, which speaks for itself:

Galatians 5

Christian Liberty

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

Love Fulfills the Law

7You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth?
8This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you.
9A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
10I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.
11And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased.
12I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off!
13For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

Morality, actually, never springs from keeping a checklist. Morality is the result of a righteous inner man. Otherwise criminals may keep law, so as not to be punished. It is walking in the light of Christ, being of the love of God, that is the Christian law, and all immorality springs from a breach in the love of God and fellow man. One with the Holy Spirit neither needs a checklist to know right from wrong, very conscience of man even having moral dictates. In terms of Christianity, the law most serves to prove we are all sinners and condemned, that we can only be saved by grace, have no righteousness our own to satisify holy and perfect God, a subject Paul also addresses, Hebrews going into how not even Israel of the Old Testament was saved by other than faith, none saved by works of the law. As a matter of fact, the Lord Jesus was the only man to ever fulfill the requirements of the law, who lived a perfect life, without the sin that only can condemn.

You therefore, if you think the law can save you, are wasting your time, entirely, as you must keep the whole law, and, as they say, lots of luck with that: you're already, no doubt, out of that competition.

James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

The Lord Jesus even pointed out how lust is adultery, hatred murder, that sin which condemns includes merely evil thoughts. Without the blood of Christ, you could have an entire library of the law, which will only send you to hell, even serves to more readily do so, since you can't plead any ignorance, if you're a legalist. All the law can do, in this case, is show a sinner knew better!

Romans 5

20Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,
21so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Though many try to abolish Christ's work, I fully agree. Nothing can wash away the Blood of our Precious Slain Lamb.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

JC says the law stands for ever, Paul throws the law overboard:

The law stands for ever. That is what God said:

“So you shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread, for on this same day I will have brought your armies out of the land of Egypt. Therefore you shall observe this day throughout your generations as an everlasting ordinance."
Ex 12:17

"In the tabernacle of meeting, outside the veil which is before the Testimony, Aaron and his sons shall tend it from evening until morning before the Lord. It shall be a statute forever to their generations on behalf of the children of Israel."
Ex 27:21]

"This shall be a perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall eat neither fat nor blood.’”
Leviticus 3:17

"You shall eat neither bread nor parched grain nor fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your God; it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings."
Leviticus 23:14

“‘Now if you as a community unintentionally fail to keep any of these commands the Lord gave Moses— 23 any of the Lord’s commands to you through him, from the day the Lord gave them and continuing through the generations to come" Numbers 15:23

There is much, much more like this, saying the law stands forever, for all generations.

There is no such a thing as: "The messiah will come and abolish the law". It just doesn't exist.

And, of course, JC himself also said the exact opposite of what the Christians say:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Matt 5

So also JC agrees: The law stands forever.

It is only Paul who comes up with the idea that the law is abolished, but who is Paul that he thinks he can abolish the law??

"But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."

Matthew 5:17-19Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Christ Fulfills the Law

17 “Don’t assume that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For I assure you: Until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter[a] or one stroke of a letter will pass from the law until all things are accomplished. 19 Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commands and teaches people to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. But whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

----------------------

The key is in fulfill and heaven and earth passing away.

He Fulfilled the law and the prophets.

Heaven and earth passed spiritually in His death and resurrection.

One note.....

I know you don't really like Yeshua like I do, but can I pass one word of wisdom to you?

Ben Masada

The Law cannot save you, only condemn you. The Law is good and righteous, but by it we are found guilty and put to death - that is in so far as we are sinners.

Through Christ we are resurrected and given new life. So long as we are in the Spirit and act out of love - there is no sin, no transgression of the Law, no death. But this is dependent upon following the Spirit, dependent upon our actions. If we cease to act in accordance with love, then sin will creep back into our lives and attempt to kill the Word that has been planted in us before the harvest.

If the Law has the power to condemn; by the same token, it has the power to save. Only that, that power must be exercised by ourselves.

Now, as bodily resurrection is concerned, it won't happened. Not through Jesus it won't. Jesus was an avid learner of the Scriptures to know that, the Tanach aka the Word of God is clear enough that once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
What was the work of your Messiah, Nameless?

Luke 15:11-32

The Parable of the Lost Son

11*He also said: “A man had two sons. 12*The younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the share of the estate I have coming to me.’ So he distributed the assets[a] to them. 13*Not many days later, the younger son gathered together all he had and traveled to a distant country, where he squandered his estate in foolish living. 14*After he had spent everything, a severe famine struck that country, and he had nothing. 15*Then he went to work for[c] one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs. 16*He longed to eat his fill from[d] the carob pods[e] the pigs were eating, but no one would give him any. 17*When he came to his senses,[f] he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired hands have more than enough food, and here I am dying of hunger![g] 18*I’ll get up, go to my father, and say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight. 19*I’m no longer worthyto be called your son. Make me like one of your hired hands.’ 20*So he got up and went to his father. But while the son was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion. He ran, threw his arms around his neck,[h] and kissed him. 21*The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight. I’m no longer worthy to be called your son.’
22*“But the father told his slaves, ‘Quick! Bring out the best robe and put it on him; put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23*Then bring the fattened calf and slaughter it, and let’s celebrate with a feast,24*because this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found!’ So they began to celebrate.
25*“Now his older son was in the field; as he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26*So he summoned one of the servants and asked what these things meant. 27*‘Your brother is here,’ he told him, ‘and your father has slaughtered the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’[j]
28*“Then he became angry and didn’t want to go in. So his father came out and pleaded with him. 29*But he replied to his father, ‘Look, I have been slaving many years for you, and I have never disobeyed your orders, yet you never gave me a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30*But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your assets[k] with prostitutes, you slaughtered the fattened calf for him.’
31*“‘Son,’[l] he said to him, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32*But we had to celebrate and rejoice, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”

Luke 15:4

4*What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

Luke 18

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9*He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and looked down on everyone else: 10*“Two men went up to the temple complex to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11*The Pharisee took his stand[a] and was praying like this: ‘God, I thank You that I’m not like other people —greedy,unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12*I fast twice a week; I give a tenth[c] of everything I get.’
13*“But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even raise his eyes to heaven but kept striking his chest[d] and saying, ‘God, turn Your wrath from me[e]—a sinner!’ 14*I tell you, this one went down to his house justified rather than the other; because everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

John 6:29

Jesus answered and said unto them, “This is the work of God: that ye believe in Him whom He hath sent.”

Mark 3

20*Then He went home, and the crowd gathered again so that they were not even able to eat.[g] 21*When His family heard this, they set out to restrain Him, because they said, “He’s out of His mind.”
22*The scribes who had come down from Jerusalem said, “He has Beelzebul in Him!” and, “He drives out demons by the ruler of the demons!”
23*So He summoned them and spoke to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? 24*If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25*If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26*And if Satan rebels against himself and is divided, he cannot stand but is finished![h]
27*“On the other hand, no one can enter a strong man’s house and rob his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he will rob his house. 28*I assure you: People will be forgiven for all sins and whatever blasphemies they may blaspheme. 29*But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guiltyof an eternal sin”[j]— 30*because they were saying, “He has an unclean spirit.”

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Abolishing Christ's Work

In our inheritance bestowed by Jesus! Would you care to explain what inheritance was bestowed by Jesus?

That the blind and deaf to God, walking in the fear of their sin, might see and hear their Shepherds voice.

That they would see He loved them so much that He desires to forever spend eternity amongst them and would die in flesh amongst them, though His Spirit can never die. That He loves us so much that He joined His Perfect Spirit to our sinful flesh.

TO BE STILL, For THE LORD FIGHTS FOR US.

That we are more than slaves.

By His rich provision, we are His co-heirs.

That the slain lamb of Able given in faith and love is HIS desire.

Not the toil in the dust/flesh of Cain.

That He is the Cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night that can now dwell in us and instruct us how to love.

That He alone is good, Just and merciful. That He alone is our Savior.

That He would rather wear a crown of thorns out of Love, than a tyrants crown of glory.

That He is our Servant King of Love, as well as the mightiest warrior of all.

Last edited:

csuguy

Bs"d

"You shall observe My judgments and keep My ordinances, to walk in them: I am Y-H-W-H your God. 5 You shall therefore keep My statutes and My judgments, which if a man does, he shall live by them: I am Y-H-W-H."
Lev 18

Yes, you should keep the commandments - I'm not arguing against that fact. If you keep the commandments then yes you can live. But people are sinners; a truly righteous person is a rare thing. 99.999...% of people are going to break the commandments, and do so on a regular basis.

Once you have sinned, turning around and keeping the Law will not then justify you. You are always expected to keep the commandments. For example: you never steal. But then one day you do. You stop after that one time. Your obedience 99% of the time to not steal does not negate your sinful act that one time.

csuguy

If the Law has the power to condemn; by the same token, it has the power to save. Only that, that power must be exercised by ourselves.

Wrong; there is no reason to assume that because the Law can condemn that it can therefore save. The Law teaches us right from wrong. This enables to do what is right. This also makes us accountable when we do wrong, condemning our sin completely since it was done in full knowledge that it was wrong. Knowing to do right, and doing right later does not negate your sin. There is nothing in the Law by itself that saves.

Now, as bodily resurrection is concerned, it won't happened. Not through Jesus it won't. Jesus was an avid learner of the Scriptures to know that, the Tanach aka the Word of God is clear enough that once dead, no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9)

Jewish Theologians have taken different sides on the issue over the centuries (clearly - seeings as Jesus and his early followers were all jews), and the OT scriptures have support for an afterlife, resurrection from the dead, the judgement, and for the remaking of the heavens and earth. You like to pretend that you are the mouth piece for all Judaism, as if all Jews have always believed the exact same thing that you do - which is simply ridiculous.

Last edited:

Bradley D

Bs"d

In that case, there is not a single Christian who loves God and his neighbour, because no Christian lives by the law of God.

They prefer lawlessness and paganism.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

I disagree. Although few will be saved, God will be the judge not nor anyone else.